Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @creativemetaphor Well, here's at least one more entry after Thanksgiving. I'm usually too swamped to do challenges all the often anymore but I couldn't resist adding another sister to Bridgeport. While she's not directly next door she is across the street from the Tower containing Journey's penthouse and about half a block from Gunk.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Challenge #196 - The Third Sister - Carrie

NAME: JasonAnthonySterling (Tonysterling on the Exchange and Gallery)

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9161921

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1450658215049598

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Custom 25x25 Lot Placement in Bridgeport $44,997

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

One bedroom/ One and One Half Bath home with open living/kitchen/dining and pool. Privacy fenced. More details and my thoughts behind what I did are attached to the photos in my gallery link above.

Aek76Bt.jpg

mRFDy1q.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: No

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Really nice build, Jason! Love the ins and outs and windows all that wood, as well as the way you've divided up the space.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @ciane Thank-you very much. I always have great fun getting back into 3!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling Oh wow! That's amazing! So glad you showed up for this one :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    This build is not salvageable :cry:

38609543952_926da97342_z.jpg
    @aricarai Oh darling! It *is* beautiful, though! What happened, just busted the budget or..?
    @aricarai Oh darling! It *is* beautiful, though! What happened, just busted the budget or..?

Totally busted and I think switching things up would just compromise it. I'm just no good with budgets :cry:
    @aricarai I'd have more sympathy for you if you hadn't just given us all a brutal budget to work with :D
    @aricarai I'd have more sympathy for you if you hadn't just given us all a brutal budget to work with :D

Hahaha! Last time I hosted though, I feel like it was too easy :mrgreen:
    It is a gorgeous build. Sometimes you just have to build your way.
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited November 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #196 - The Third Sister - Carrie

NAME: djsdragongirl (Leah)

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9162639

38637172222_091dd29787_z.jpgCarrie Logan

LINK TO MEDIA: 4 Sister's of the Apocalypse Logan's Dream
    38637172752_85aa43f1ba_z.jpgEntrance to Carrie's Home[/url]

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: 38637168242_598fa577c5_z.jpgPool Party[/url]

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: The house is built at 254 Foothill Drive in Starlight Shores. It is built on a 40x40 lot and total move in cost is $44, 310

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Carrie Logan is on of the 4 Sisters of the Apocalypse. She has been wanting her own place for a while now and with Journye having her own place she figured it was time she got her own place. So Carrie's home is open and roomy. I had to spare on furniture so she doesn't have much right now, but she does have seating for when the girls get together at her place. She has a large fenced in yard where the girls can practice when they want to, lots of room to expand later if she hooks up with someone and decides to have a family later. Carrie loves Earthy colors so her home reflects that. Her traits are; Virtuoso, Diva, Perfectionist, Natural Born Performer, Ambitious.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please continue to give me criticism.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None
    Oh weird, I didn't get an alert that there was a new post. anyhoo, Hi @djsdragongirl ! Great to see some last minute builds coming in!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Don't forget, #BnS196 closes this evening. There will be a new challenge up tomorrow, just in time for Christmas :wink:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Ooh Christmas...well, if it's for a sexy looking Viking Santa McSantaface...I'm totally ready!
    37864238815_d87ff5aafe_z.jpg
    Ignore the bad quality of the photo - I took a picture of my screen with my phone!
    Don't forget, #BnS196 closes this evening. There will be a new challenge up tomorrow, just in time for Christmas :wink:

I so can't wait for the next one. These are really fun and I'm having a blast doing them, learning new things all the time
    I love the fun carport on all the wood @djsdragongirl. It looks like she had lots of fun hanging out with her sisters!
    edited December 2017
    ATTENTION 12/01/2017
    A reminder that after this challenge, #BnS197, we will no longer accept media hosted on Photobucket. Since they made the changes to their site earlier this year, it has become less and less easy to judge your entries. We understand that this will stump and confound some of you, however, we want to give your creations the attention they deserve and this is becoming more difficult when we have to use Photobucket as the source site. There are plenty of other photo sharing sites out there, imgur, Picassa to name just two. Please understand that we do not wish to alienate anyone, or put off anyone from participating, we just want to be able to give the time and concentration each and every one of your builds deserves.

Challenge #197 - Familia

At first, it was just a slight rumbling. A shaking of the pictures on the walls and the rattling of dishes in Abuela's old heavy china cabinet. It wasn't scary. It was even kind of fun, despite the fear in Madre and Papa's voices. But then a second rumbling happened. This one was larger, scarier. The glass in the windows cracked and the neighbour's dog began to howl. Papa's hands were rough, but his voice was very quiet when he said "Now stay here. You'll be safe here. I will let you out soon." Then he shut the door. It was very dark in the very small closet. Papa yelled for Mateo.

Scarier, more violent shaking happened. There was a lot of noise. The sounds of heavy things falling, crashing. So very noisy. Papa said it was safe. He was right. Then the shaking of the ground stopped. Papa didn't come. There were smaller shakes, but then they stopped too. Madre didn't come. Neither did Abuela. And the door didn't open. Hunger came. And thirst. And fear. But no Madre. No Papa. No Abuela. Even Mateo, who liked to play jokes and go to the beach, didn't come.

After a long time, the door opened again. It was very bright and there were strangers in bright jackets. But the house was gone. The walls had fallen in. The ceiling. The china cabinet had fallen over and all her pretty dishes were smashed. And Madre, Papa, and Abuela weren't there.

You stare at the 10-year-old girl across from you. Her name is Sofia Rivera, and she sits on your couch holding the hand of her 8-year-old brother Adrian. Both have long black hair and huge brown eyes. "They said that Madre and Papa and Abuela were gone. And they couldn't find Mateo." Her bottom lip trembles.

You nod, "What happened next?"

Adrian speaks up next. Like his sister, he speaks simlish very well, but with a heavy accent. "The nice strangers told us that it wasn't safe to stay in our neighbourhood. That they were going to send us someplace we would be safe while they looked for Mateo. But the people that we were sent to stay with. They weren't very nice. The mama, she hit Sofia for arguing with one of her children. We decided to go find Mateo ourselves."

"And that's how you two ended up rummaging through my trash can in the middle of the night?" you ask kindly.

"Si, ma'am." Says Sofia. "We're sorry. Please don't send us back."

"Of course not!" you assure her. "You're both going to stay here with me until we find out about Mateo. Do you know how old he is?"

"Si, about 17."

"Mateo's your big brother?"

"Si."

"Ok," you glance at the clock. "Ok.Its very late and you shouldn't be out this late. Let me show you two to a bedroom to sleep in. In the morning we will work on finding your brother. I think I know someone to call."

With the two siblings tucked into the same bed upstairs, you go into your home office and flip through your contact list. The phone doesn't ring very long before a jolly voice says "Ah hello!"

"Hello, Kris! How is Mrs Kringle?"

"She's doing just fine." He booms, "What brings you to call me this fine winter night?"

"I need a favour. Can you find someone for me? A 17-year-old boy named Mateo Rivera. He has 2 younger siblings, Sofia and Adrian, who are here with me." You quickly sketch out the story to the sympathetic presence on the other end of the phone. As you tell the story, you grab a piece of paper and start to doodle.

"Well, you've done so much good for others over the years, that it’s the least I can do. I remember Mateo. He used to try to stay up and catch me for a long time. A good boy. Very responsible. Very loving." His voice turns from jolly and reassuring to serious. "But where will they go? They have no home. From the reports I've heard, that entire village was levelled."

You smile, "Leave that to me, Kris. How long will it take for you to find him? Do you know?"

"I will have him there by Christmas," Kris assures you. You know him well enough to know that if Mateo was at all alive, even injured, Kris would work a miracle to reunite the tiny family.

"Then I'll have everything ready by then." You say, already laying out plans.

BRIEF
    • Your budget is $40,000
    • 3 bedrooms
    • 2 baths
    • 20x30 lot or smaller
    • Backyard for 2 children to play in
    • Style of architecture and interiors completely up to you

Optional Challenge
    Create Mateo, Adrian and Sofia and tell us a bit about them.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #197 - Familia

NAME: your forum id

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: your entry will be judged on your pictures

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: if you entered the optional challenge, include a link here

LEVEL: beginner, intermediate, or advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: tell us about your build, include any details and rationale that might not be obvious from your pictures

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes" if you'd like suggestions for improvement, "no" if you'd like only positive feedback

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ahhh this is so heartwarming!
    I don't think my Viking Santa is appropriate for this challenge, but I'll try to see what I can do for Mateo, Adrian, and Sofia!
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Not sure if I'm /supposed/ to post here, but I just wanted to say, great intro story! @BuildnShare I wonder if you were inspired by the earthquake yesterday in Delaware...

Don't think I'll have time to do the challenge this time around. I may have to wait until I'm settled in my own new house. Moving is time consuming at best.

Good luck to all involved!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    @aricarai - glad you like the brief sweetie, looking forward to seeing what you create <3

Of course, you can post in here @FidgetyAtom!! And welcome to build 'n' share. This brief was written a couple of days ago, by one of the other members of the team, so I doubt it was inspired by that particular earthquake. Good luck with the move.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Oh lord, this one made me get a tad weepy! Why would you do that!?
    Oh lord, this one made me get a tad weepy! Why would you do that!?

@creativemetaphor - Because we can :tongue: Seriously though, when I read the brief for this challenge I got goosebumps, we have some amazing talent within the BuildnShare team :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Loving the new challenge. I can't wait to get started on it! This is going to be a very fun and heartwarming challenge to do.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I'm having fun with the new challenge!!

@BuildnShare THE NEW AND IMPROVED BUILD-N-SHARE ARCHIVES are AMAZING!! <3<3<3<3 I can't believe how much work you have put into that.

It makes me sad to think that photobucket >:) ruined so much and most of the pictures are no longer available but it is so much fun to look back at that challenges and see the entries and comments and who won which. KUDOS :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top