Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited June 2011
    Please vote on the neighborhood name HERE

The poll will be up until Wednesday night 7:30 pm Central Time :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2011
    Aquacatt, Lilbabygurl0507, and angelnga169 - welcome! The list has been updated with your lot choices. Serith & LewisJ - glad to see you again :) I have your choices down as well. Golden_Glow - please see the above post and submit your second choice for a lot.
  • angelnga169angelnga169 Posts: 113
    edited June 2011
    thanks!! one silly question what is the number mean after the street name (example: oak grove road-365???? its probably something really simple but I am having a "duh" moment
    thanks again :D
    edited June 2011
    thanks!! one silly question what is the number mean after the street name (example: oak grove road-365???? its probably something really simple but I am having a "duh" moment
    thanks again :D

That's the street address. It should properly read 365 Oak Grove Road, I guess :oops:
  • angelnga169angelnga169 Posts: 113
    edited June 2011
    Thanks kitt!! I just realized that..don't know why I couldn't think of it....:P

~cause I know for sure there is no way to build a house with 365 dollars :D hee hee
    edited June 2011
    Thanks kitt!! I just realized that..don't know why I couldn't think of it....:P

~cause I know for sure there is no way to build a house with 365 dollars :D hee hee

LoL! Maybe that should be a future challenge - build a starter for $365! :lol:
  • Nicwin0Nicwin0 Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2011
    Aww, that's so nice. Thanks so much. :) But if it doesn't matter which one it is, then I'll just take #6. Reeeeally appreciate it guys.

jostubbs wrote:
    If it helps Nicwin0 then she can have my lot and I will change to 31. Redwood Pkwy - 230 - 30 x 40 - (Crumplebottom Household) ?? If we are allowed to bulldoze current houses I am happy with either lot :)
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited June 2011
    Family Surname (last name): Golden
    Family members (first names) and ages: Alex (young adult), Maria (adult), Laura (teen)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 17
    Chosen lot address: Oak Grove Road - 365 - 30 x 30 - (Empty Lot)

Hi Golden_glow! Lot # 17 is already claimed. How about #20. Pinochle Point - 2300 - 30 x 30 - (Empty Lot) ?

Hi. I had trouble with the forums yesterday so I just looked at the main list and it said it was still empty when I posted. #20 is fine though, as long as its a 30x30 I don't mind :)
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope I'm doing this correctly *lol* I've made my Sim family and uploaded them to the exchange:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4154035

The last Build N Share I did was about 88-89 or something so maybe a little out of the loop with procedure *lol*
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
    edited June 2011
    The votes are in, and you have chosen "Centennial Vale" for the neighborhood name. Very fitting! :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Intermediate Results are up for the Foxglove Starter (98/99) challenge on Winner's Circle :)
  • ravenghostwolvesravenghostwolves Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2011

Family Surname (last name); Ghostwolf Family
    Family members (first names) and ages: Darren(Adult), Lyn(Young Adult), Shawna(teen), Patrick(teen)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): #2
    Chosen lot address: Landgraab Ave - 86 - 40 x 40

Ok reposted my entry here with the link added to the family, Made a change on myself from young adult to adult to be more acurate.

Is there any addtional criteria for the homes than what has been listed so far? I pretty much have mine done. I decided to stay with the sims version of my actual home, but did add some of the additional landscapeing/yard ideas I hope to add in the future (my real yard is very simple basic desert landscape). Also will we need to load a pictorial for the home like the previouse challenges? If so I need to start taking screen/camera shots.

Thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Family Surname (last name); Ghostwolf Family
    Family members (first names) and ages: Darren(Adult), Lyn(Young Adult), Shawna(teen), Patrick(teen)
    Chosen lot address: Landgraab Ave - 86 - 40 x 40

Ok reposted my entry here with the link added to the family, Made a change on myself from young adult to adult to be more acurate.

Is there any addtional criteria for the homes than what has been listed so far? I pretty much have mine done. I decided to stay with the sims version of my actual home, but did add some of the additional landscapeing/yard ideas I hope to add in the future (my real yard is very simple basic desert landscape). Also will we need to load a pictorial for the home like the previouse challenges? If so I need to start taking screen/camera shots.

Thanks.

I will update your entry! No additional criteria this week except to please upload your final entry as a HOUSEHOLD instead of a lot. This will help people who want to create the neighborhood in their game. I have updated the 1st post with the lot entry form for this project. A short pictorial is all that's required this week - just enough to show the highlights. :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MossoratorMossorator Posts: 755
    edited June 2011
    Family Surname (last name): Newbie
    Family members (first names) and ages: Brian (Adult), Michelle (Adult), William (Teen), Brooke (Teens), Zach (young teen)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 12
    Chosen lot address: Maywood Lane 60
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys! Here's a signature if you'd like to show off our neighborhood around the forums :)

[*url=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/373316.page*
    ][*IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2hyx5qg.jpg[/IMG][/url*]

Just be sure to take all 4 *'s out first! It will look exactly like mine if you copy/paste this code (without the *'s!)into the "Signature" box under "My Preferences" at the top of this forum.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FreizhaFreizha Posts: 35
    edited June 2011
    Family Surname (last name): Friezha
    Family members (first names) and ages: David, Charmaine, Imani
    Chosen lot # (1-72):9
    Chosen lot address:18 Maywood Lane

*I would like to change my lot. Wanna down size. I had an empty lot on Skyborough.*
  • jostubbsjostubbs Posts: 134 Member
    edited June 2011
    So we can demolish the houses on our lots already if we want to? Is there a budget? Do we just make whatever we like within our Sim family's budget or does absolutely anything go and we can spend a (reasonable) fortune?
    Twitter: AussiePlumbob
    Origin: AussiePlumbob
    Sims 3: jostubbs
  • AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited June 2011
    jostubbs wrote:
    So we can demolish the houses on our lots already if we want to? Is there a budget? Do we just make whatever we like within our Sim family's budget or does absolutely anything go and we can spend a (reasonable) fortune?

Yes, demolish away! No budget! Spend as much as you like. :)
  • mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait to start, but mine might be a day or two late if that's ok. I pulled a chest muscle and severly aggravated it playing football with my son somehow. So I'm basically on bedrest for three days and since my games on my desktop...I'm not allowed to sim, since it hurts to sit up. Im going to try to make the deadline, but just in case is Thursday or Friday next week okay if I have no other choice? I wouldn't even be posting this if I handn't snuck my iphone, lol. Thanks! :)
    edited June 2011
    mgolden27 wrote:
    I can't wait to start, but mine might be a day or two late if that's ok. I pulled a chest muscle and severly aggravated it playing football with my son somehow. So I'm basically on bedrest for three days and since my games on my desktop...I'm not allowed to sim, since it hurts to sit up. Im going to try to make the deadline, but just in case is Thursday or Friday next week okay if I have no other choice? I wouldn't even be posting this if I handn't snuck my iphone, lol. Thanks! :)

Oh, that sounds terribly painful! The deadline is not a problem. We still have plenty of lots available, so we may make it a side project and continue to gather lots for a few more weeks. Hope you feel better soon :)
    edited June 2011
    Freizha wrote:
    Family Surname (last name): Friezha
    Family members (first names) and ages: David, Charmaine, Imani
    Chosen lot # (1-72):9
    Chosen lot address:18 Maywood Lane

*I would like to change my lot. Wanna down size. I had an empty lot on Skyborough.*

Gotcah, Freizha. I'll update your entry!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SerithReiSerithRei Posts: 271 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Official "Community" Lot Sign-up Form

Family Surname (last name):Serithrei
    Family members (first names) and ages: Karen (self) 27
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 47
    Chosen lot address:10 Summerhill Court 60 x 60 - (Landgraab Household)

Media and lot link:

Lot Link

Media Link **Sorry I haven't done a great job of sorting these into any kind of order. I'm crazy busy moving house!**

***Start on page 7 of the album and work back!***

Lot Description: I went a bit crazy and did a kind of Victorian style house with 5 bd, 5 ba. I think it ended up costing around 350,000 simoleons. :D I wanted to keep the outside as traditional as possible but give the interior a modern twist. Each master bedroom is styled differently to match whatever mood my simself is in. :)They're also equipped with an easel and pc because I'm addicted to both! ;) Outside I've added a swimming pool sandwiched between two hotubs and the garden is a little wild with cherry blossoms, juniper and willow trees not to mention loads of shrubs, I hate overly manicured gardens. Rounding it all off is a little hedge maze which I added for the fun of it and a driveway for a few classic cars. Loved this challenge!
    edited June 2011
    SerithRei wrote:
    Official "Community" Lot Sign-up Form

Family Surname (last name):Serithrei
    Family members (first names) and ages: Karen (self) 27
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 47
    Chosen lot address:10 Summerhill Court 60 x 60 - (Landgraab Household)

Media and lot link:

Lot Link

Media Link **Sorry I haven't done a great job of sorting these into any kind of order. I'm crazy busy moving house!**

***Start on page 7 of the album and work back!***

I went a bit crazy and did a kind of Victorian style house with 5 bd, 5 ba. I think it ended up costing 350,000 simoleons. :D

Looks great, SerithRei! I'll update the list with your entry :)
  • JoshokuJoshoku Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    oh hope I'm not too late on this... good thing I've been working on a bit of a dream home :]

Family Surname (last name): Joshoku
    Family members (first names) and ages: Carly (YA)
    Chosen lot # (1-72): 32
    Chosen lot address: Redwood Pkwy 250

will add who my family is soon!
  • ravenghostwolvesravenghostwolves Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2011
    Official "Centennial Vale" Entry Form

NAME: ravenghostwolves

LINK TO LOT: Home with Household

Additional link if you want a copy without household Ghostwolf Southwestern

LINK TO MEDIA: Additonal media posted on Photobucket.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, 86 Landgraab Ave., $169,400

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I chose to build my actual home as closely as possible but have added many of the thngs I would like to do in the future. Hope you all enjoy it. I have done my best to replicate some of the features you see in southwestern homes here in Arizona.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top