Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medieval installation issues (Help please :) )

Whenever I start to install Medieval, it stops and doesn't move at all when it hits
Gamedata/Shared/Packages/SASFullBuild0.package

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• jameesnufferjameesnuffer Posts: 762 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm stuck there to. I don't understand whats going on, I have all the sims3 games and more than the requirements. But its getting on my nerves.
  • MilkyWay15MilkyWay15 Posts: 10
    edited March 2011
    So do I.
    I've cleaned my computer out...deleted programs I don't use anymore..
    Restarted my computer and let it rest..
    Took the disk out and cleaned it, put it back in.

It just stops.
    Ive been at this for like, an hour.

I am going to be very unhappy if I just spent 50 bucks on a game that wont install proporly.
  • sdirk92sdirk92 Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    I am having the same problem. Running Windows 7 Home Edition on a Dell Inspiron INSP1440. Al other Sims 3 games work fine.
    edited March 2011
    I have Windows 7 too.
    Except I have an Acer.

I have every expansion pack for the Sims 3. They don't lag or anything. I honestly don't know what the deal is.
    edited March 2011
    After the installation froze again I clicked cancel on the InstallShield Wizard installation process. The Wizard didn't close however. After about ten minytes I checked on it again and a window had popped up saying:

file: D:/GameData/Shared/Packages/SASFullBuild0.packages
    error: data error (cyclic redundancy check)

It let me click retry, so I did and the installation continued for a little bit and froze again, showing that it was still working on the same file.

Maybe I'll just do that 50 times.
  • Queenie50Queenie50 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I am also having a problem with this game. I have been trying to install it for 2 hours. I have been looking forward to this game for some time.
    edited March 2011
    Same here. However I think I might've found a solution.

Hold on a sec. :D
  • TheCactus3333TheCactus3333 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I'm having the same problem with Windows Vista. That's after an hour of trying to get it to load at all. It's been sitting here for a couple hours now. Periodically my system will freeze for a few moments then a message will pop up saying
    File: F:\GameData\Shared\Packages\SASBuild0.package
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    and when I click retry the progress bar will move forward a bit. Once I click that the system unfreezes again so it seems tied directly to the error message's appearance. I don't actually know if this is helping or what, but I guess I've gone this far, I'll see it out. Maybe it's installing, it's just being weird about it? So far the progress bar has slowly made it's way from the D in "GameData" to the E in ".package" so it at least appears to be making progress. :|
    edited March 2011
    I think it's kind of odd that we're all having the same problem on the exact same folder thats trying to install itself...
  • TheCactus3333TheCactus3333 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2011
    MilkyWay15 wrote:
    However I think I might've found a solution.
    Anything come of that?
  • PurplePeachPurplePeach Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I got mine to install, but I can't get passed the beginning and it crashes my computer :( grrrrrrrrr
    edited March 2011
    I got mine to install, but I can't get passed the beginning and it crashes my computer :( grrrrrrrrr
    How? Please.
  • goofbillygoofbilly Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited March 2011
    While I'm not having the exact same problem as you guys (I couldn't even get my game to install, the folder where everything should have been for the disc had nothing in it) I contacted EA and the solution that was presented to me was that they gave me a free digital download. So, instead of actually helping me they copped out and gave me a free ride. :roll:
    edited March 2011
    It has to be something. I even tryed to install it digitally and after waiting over a hour when I thought it was installing it pops up ready to install. I click on the button and nothing. then now try the cd again and its doing all kinds of freezing and stops on that file again. This is rediculouse. I just spent 72.00 for the game and the prima guide and cant even play the game. I meet all the requirements and beyone and have no problems with all the sims 3 games. I run windows 7.
  • Joset426Joset426 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2011
    I am having the same Issues, I bought mine in the store. And it won't install at all. :?
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi,

For those experiencing CRC issues, you can first try cleaning the disc and the DVD drive internals using a cleaning kit. Scan and defrag the hard drive if necessary - make certain that the hard disk has enough space left on it to install the game. If you have multiple DVD drives, try placing the game disc in a different drive unit. For your specific issue please refer to the following thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page

For those using a digital download version of the game, the CRC issue can also be caused by a bad installer setup that was corrupted somehow during the remote file transfer. You will need to clear the EADM cache and download the game again without interruption, in that case.

If none of the above works, the following may also be of help to you:

1.) Open Windows Start menu
    2.) Select Run
    3.) Type msconfig
    4.) In the Services tab disable all items
    5.) In the Startup tab uncheck all items
    6.) Restart computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during bootup)
    7.) While in Safe Mode insert The Sims Medieval DVD disc
    8.) Use Windows Explorer to locate SETUP.EXE on the disc
    9.) Right-click SETUP.EXE and select the option to run it as an Administrator
    10.) Installation should now proceed without any CRC errors
    11.) Reboot the computer normally

If CRC issues persist, you can try out the following troubleshooting steps:

1.) Look at your disc and verify you do not have a faulty or scratched up disc.
    2.) Make sure your DVD drive does not have any discs in it.
    3.) Quit all programs.
    4.) Click on the Start Menu.
    5.) Click on Control Panel.
    6.) Double-click on the System icon.
    7.) Make sure your Control Panel is set to Classic View. If not, click on the Switch to Classic View option.
    8.) Click on the Hardware tab.
    9.) Click on Open Device Manager.
    10.) Click on the '+' sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives to expand its options.
    11.) You should see all your DVD/CD ROMS.
    12.) Right-click on the DVD ROM you are using to install the game.
    13.) Select Uninstall from the list of options.
    14.) Reboot your computer immediately.

Give your computer a few minutes to re-detect your DVD drive (this should happen automatically).
    Insert the game disc and try to install your game again.

If your issue is still not resolved, verify that the software drivers for the DVD drive are in fact functioning properly and that the DVD drive controller is set to DMA Mode. Another thing to try is to check the manufacturer's website of your DVD drive unit for any firmware updates. You can also replace the DVD drive unit with another model either purchased or borrowed.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2011
    The Sims 3 and Medieval are two completely different games. These are the Sims 3 forums, if you have questions about Medieval post them in the Medieval forums, because it is a violation of the forum rules to discuss anything here that isn't about The Sims 3.
    edited March 2011
    I thought this was for technical questions ?? Sims is Sims. It shouldn't matter.
    The game should install reguardless. It's like putting in a blank disc. It has nothing to do with my pc, its a new pc. No problems what so ever. Funny , how the digital is working and not the disc, ???

Nichaedemus , thank you for the suggestions but I am not doing all that to my pc. It should still install. I had zero problems with other games.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited March 2011
    Joset426 wrote:
    I thought this was for technical questions ?? Sims is Sims. It shouldn't matter.
    - Keep your posts on topic with The Sims 3 game and The Sims 3 website. You’re more than welcome to use your My Page blog for off topic posts.
    edited March 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    The Sims 3 and Medieval are two completely different games. These are the Sims 3 forums, if you have questions about Medieval post them in the Medieval forums, because it is a violation of the forum rules to discuss anything here that isn't about The Sims 3.

I understand your point completely. And I respect that you are trying to make the Sims community 'right' and all that by enforcing the laws. Really, I do.

But might I remind you that Sims IS included in the title 'Sims Medieval.'
    It is a Sims game. And it is made by EA.
    This is also the 'General Discussion'

I am aware of the Medieval forums. But after visiting there, I realized that I would get absolutely no help there (due to the low traffic) and I would just be taking up forum space.

This is obviously a common problem. I have spent 50$ on a game. I wish to play the game that I have purchased.

And Might I just point out I am not the only one posting topics about Medieval on this part of the forum. :)

I'm sure other people would agree.

I would understand if I were asking a question about a game that WASN'T Sims related at all. Which I'm pretty sure is what they meant.
    Sims Medieval= Sims franchise.

Now by making a reply like this, technically this is offtopic. I, like everyone else here, am trying to get my very expensive game to run as it should.
    edited March 2011
    Thank You Milkyway ! I don't see the harm in asking @ LittleV ?? I don't see anyone such as a mod telling me not to ???
  • PARAPARA Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    I'm also having problems installing Sims Medieval but I think my problem might be a bit different. Every time I put the game in the disc drive I always get C++ runtime error. Basically it will say
    Runtime Error!
    Program: e:\SimsMedievalSetup.exe
    abnormal program termination
    Someone brought up the possibility of the game disc being bad. Did I really get a bad disc or is it something else? :(
    edited March 2011
    Ok I finally got mine to work, I will list how I did it. I'm not saying this will fix others issues but it worked for me and might help. I opened my task manager by right clicking in my start bar. I went to applications and ended the medieval process. Then I opened the tab processes and went down and ended both medieval process. Then I opened my control pannel and went to unistall programs to make sure there was no medieval folder there. Then I went to computer/program files/electronic arts and deleted the folder medieval. Then I installed it through my download manager using my code that came with my disk. Just open your download manager and click add game, put your code in and hit install. It might take some time but should let you. This is what I did and it worked after I did everything all day long. I tryed everything and stumbled on this. Im running windows 7. I hope this helps someone.
  • PurplePeachPurplePeach Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2011
    This is CRAP, I've updated drivers and everything and still can't play. I start game play and then my screen blinks and blue screen comes up saying closing to protect my computer from damage GRRRRRRR!!!!! I'm getting mad, pay 50.00 bucks for CRAP!!!!
    edited March 2011
    Ok I finally got mine to work, I will list how I did it. I'm not saying this will fix others issues but it worked for me and might help. I opened my task manager by right clicking in my start bar. I went to applications and ended the medieval process. Then I opened the tab processes and went down and ended both medieval process. Then I opened my control pannel and went to unistall programs to make sure there was no medieval folder there. Then I went to computer/program files/electronic arts and deleted the folder medieval. Then I installed it through my download manager using my code that came with my disk. Just open your download manager and click add game, put your code in and hit install. It might take some time but should let you. This is what I did and it worked after I did everything all day long. I tryed everything and stumbled on this. Im running windows 7. I hope this helps someone.

Thankyou SO much. :)!!

I will try this as soon as possible! It sounds very promising.
    I will update and say if it helped me or not.