Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Generations should include...

Today, I read a few threads here regarding a possible new Expansion Pack named "Generations". Of course the first possibilities of this Expansion to pop into my old brain, was "Family". If this is indeed what the expansion will be named, and is about, well I wanted to hop in and share a few of the much needed interactions I believe would be perfect for a Family Expansion.

First off, I went ahead and re-installed all my Sims 2 games, so that I could find the small things that made "Having a Family" more realistic. So here are some of what I hope they integrate into the "Family Scene" for The Sims 3. Don't get me wrong, I do not expect there to be identical interactions from The Sims 2, but this was the only way to correctly, express my expectations. :-)

I am using the "Ottomas" family in Veronaville (Pre-Made family)

To start off, I would love to see some new interactions between Children and Adults.

"Swinging around"

208iic7.jpg

Extra Curricular Activities such as

"Showing off with Cartwheels, HeadStand & Sommersaults"

2ly4nwk.jpg

Dancing Together (My personal favorite to do with my grandkids) :-)

m7sxgj.jpg

Peek-A-Boo

29xsmti.jpg

Bathing an infant

np0wfk.jpg

Bathing a Toddler

6p3gwk.jpg

Functional Changing Tables

vimp1w.jpg

Family Game Night

301hbtt.jpg

Kissing your spouse up the arm

34ffomo.jpg

A Bit of goosin ;)

15zjupz.jpg

Slow Dancing

15ubya.jpg

My list can go on and on, but these are a few of the interaction I would hope to be brought back into the game, if indeed a family pack is on it's way. Feel free to add any ideas of your own and pictures.

I will be posting a few more pictures in a bit. Going to get the grandkids ready for bed. Be back soon. :-)

Comments

• LovelyKira2LovelyKira2 Posts: 255 New Member
    edited February 2011
    <3 It!
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I hope that if this expansion thing going around is true that they work alot for the baby-child age groups they don't ahve enough to do, I don't know about the rest of you but i love playing as a child sim and really want more for them.
  • x_Saffronx_Saffron Posts: 624 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It's funny because, for me, "Generations" would feel like an expansion that would be as far from "family" as possible...

Generations are barriers that divide families, not strenghten them. In a "Generations" expansion, the first thing I want is age-related interactions (We need more realistic Crumplebottoms! We're the old hag that keeps ranting about the youth?), memories, a decent family tree (...with bios of our ancestry), etc.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2011
    Louis_The_XIII - seeing those screenshots makes me want to fire up my old game. I still have it ... maybe when I finish my current game.
  • GoodMorningMrSunGoodMorningMrSun Posts: 1,541 New Member
    edited February 2011
    This expansion seems like... not something people really want. Probably would lack in a lot of areas. I'm not excited :(
  • puppyluvvpuppyluvv Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2011
    *Presses imaginary like button 3645382846463819 times*
    generation-two-banner-trait.png?w=640
    Our Lives are Better Left to Chance - A Legacy
  • AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I agree 100% Thanks for posting the pictures too. I loved seeing them again.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2011

Not excited by this :(

is this even confirmed?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited February 2011
    marcel21 wrote:
    Not excited by this :(

is this even confirmed?

no it isn't confirmed.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2011
    It would be great if they'd add stuff like that to ts3. Family interactions are seriously lacking.
  • kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I would love it if this was the new Ep.

P.S. Kids can already play peek-a-boo with toddlers. But it would be better if adults could too.
  • DrapesDrapes Posts: 2,794 New Member
    edited February 2011
    it would be awesome if these interactions were in the ep.
    but i hope the new ep is going to be something that no one has ever thought about, so when it comes out, we'll all be like "ooooooooooh"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2011
    The rumor mill is working overtime. Some people want to know what EP is next that they are believing every rumor that is started here. It is better to wait for EA to say something than listening to a third party. :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited February 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    The rumor mill is working overtime. Some people want to know what EP is next that they are believing every rumor is started here. It is better to wait for EA to say something than listening to a third party. :shock:
    That's what i'm doing. just waiting to hear. it would be nice to have all these things people are making up but i dont think half the stuff is really going to happen any time soon.
    edited February 2011
    Louis_The_XIII -- I love how your male sim has a camera around his neck :mrgreen:
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited February 2011
    At this point I could really care less about the next EP. I just want to know what it is so I can just buy it already...
    edited February 2011
    If this deffinitlly turns up a rumor then i hope that if its aremake they put back some of the best things, I'd really like the dance sphere and also aliens and the simavore plants to be braught back in one of the remade expansions they do some time.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2011

I do really miss family gameplay,but if EA release a family expansion pack it would have to have more, has some players don't like the family parts of the game!

what could be added to a family expansion pack
    to make it more interesting to other players?

any idea :wink:

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yea I would love this! And some people were mentioning how they miss how you could snuggle on the couch with the family sims2ep8-2009-12-27-15-15-40-89.jpg?w=500&h=367
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2011
    Since EA is being hush-hush about the new EP, I am being reserved about excitement.

Now with the Generations rumor, I am hoping for family interactions, just hope they are new and exciting. Right now, family interactions in the game is at the bottom rung of gameplay. I do enjoy that families can be either loving, or combative according to their traits. I think I can enjoy that.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • prelynmaxprelynmax Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2011
    NO CHANGING TABLES!
    Those things are a waste of room, and I wouldn't bother with them (like I didn't bother with washing mashines and dryers).
    I have seen the tides of Simming shift from it's glory days to... whatever The Sims 4 is.
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2011
    marcel21 wrote:
    I do really miss family gameplay,but if EA release a family expansion pack it would have to have more, has some players don't like the family parts of the game!

My question is, why do they have to add extras to make it more interesting to those players who don't want the family aspects of the game? They certainly didn't add anything to Late Night to make it more appealing to those players not interested in that type of game play.

Not trying to sound snotty (it's so hard to let tone be known online :D) , I am genuinly curious why anything has to be added to one expansion pack so it will make everyone happy when that really hasn't been how the other expansion packs were made. Either a player will want the ep and what it does or they won't.

• reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited February 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    marcel21 wrote:

My question is, why do they have to add extras to make it more interesting to those players who don't want the family aspects of the game? They certainly didn't add anything to Late Night to make it more appealing to those players not interested in that type of game play.

Not trying to sound snotty (it's so hard to let tone be known online :D) , I am genuinly curious why anything has to be added to one expansion pack so it will make everyone happy when that really hasn't been how the other expansion packs were made. Either a player will want the ep and what it does or they won't.

The major focus should always be the main subject of the EP, if indeed there is one. A greater focus and dedication to a primary theme will ultimately lead to that theme feeling more fleshed out than a theme in which some focus is given to the main subject, but for which a substantial amount of time and resources is also given to try and appeal to everybody.

A developer will win more customers, even those not initially anticipating the product, by producing a well focussed product than a semi-focussed product.
    edited February 2011
    reni401 wrote:
    Azzie73 wrote:
    marcel21 wrote:

The major focus should always be the main subject of the EP, if indeed there is one. A greater focus and dedication to a primary theme will ultimately lead to that theme feeling more fleshed out than a theme in which some focus is given to the main subject, but for which a substantial amount of time and resources is also given to try and appeal to everybody.

A developer will win more customers, even those not initially anticipating the product, but producing a well focussed product than a semi-focussed product.

yea like with hottubs, If i'm remembering correctly that was one of the top requested items at least i figure it must have been since they even had them tlaking about it in one of the videos befor latenight was released.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2011
    Drapes wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    The rumor mill is working overtime. Some people want to know what EP is next that they are believing every rumor is started here. It is better to wait for EA to say something than listening to a third party. :shock:
    That's what i'm doing. just waiting to hear. it would be nice to have all these things people are making up but i dont think half the stuff is really going to happen any time soon.

That is so true, I am enjoying what I have now. Lot of people getting bored because they want a new toy. I have yet to fully play everything in Sims 3 and Sims 2.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen