Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Briz Vegas UPDATED - World files

Comments

• CubbySimAddict46CubbySimAddict46 Posts: 379 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanx everyone!! :D

I think i am first starting in the farming regions because it is the easiest to build (being the least amount of houses) then i will move onto suburbia because i have waaaay too many house ideas at the moment. then i will move onto downtown last.

I actually have a few pictures of inside the trailer park and rave barn now that they are complete! I actually took way too many pictures so.. you will have to look through the link :D

MORE PICTURES - http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Briz-vegas Update 1/

Screenshot-621.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-599.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-622.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-637.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-638.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-607.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-605.jpg"width=600"

I am actually really liking the trailers, there is a certain outback charm to them!

Also remember that i will be filling up the world lots as much as i can before releasing it.. those who don't like my styled lots can simply delete and start from scratch :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2011
    tl8au wrote:
    OH I live in NSW, Australia, My son and his girlfriend and soon to be my first grandbaby live in Queensland and so does my brother, so this is very close to home for me..

I am heading up to Queensland in August ...

so I will be definately down loading this world and having a play with it ..

is it a big world or medium ? are you going to be putting the moving food van in from Night life ?

look forward to more pics... when are you thinking about uploading it for us to down load :lol:

Congrats on your grandbaby! was the baby born during the floods? *just curious*

It is a large world, although i am not one to waste space, i have seen many other worlds *like the london project* that have has MASSIVE amounts of buildings on the map and it looked unplayable for anyone with an average computer. My computer however is around 2 years old and i still manage fine with my world.

I am not really like other world builders in the sense that i wont really date any dates.. my mind set it that it will be ready when its ready. I can't really say when it will be ready for download because i have alot of study on my plate soon and im not sure i will be able to keep building at the same time.

It will probably be another couple of months.. about 2 i'd say.
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited February 2011
    such a beautiful world and I love the trailers and rave barn!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited February 2011
    T.T Soooooo pretty ~~~ XD I love the barn and the park alot <3
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited February 2011
    I love the trailer parks. The whole world looks lovely.

One quick tip: to eliminate the grid lines from your pictures, just go to terrain paints and they will vanish, then take your pictures.
  • tl8autl8au Posts: 168 New Member
    edited February 2011
    tl8au wrote:
    OH I live in NSW, Australia, My son and his girlfriend and soon to be my first grandbaby live in Queensland and so does my brother, so this is very close to home for me..

I am heading up to Queensland in August ...

so I will be definately down loading this world and having a play with it ..

is it a big world or medium ? are you going to be putting the moving food van in from Night life ?

look forward to more pics... when are you thinking about uploading it for us to down load :lol:

Congrats on your grandbaby! was the baby born during the floods? *just curious*

It is a large world, although i am not one to waste space, i have seen many other worlds *like the london project* that have has MASSIVE amounts of buildings on the map and it looked unplayable for anyone with an average computer. My computer however is around 2 years old and i still manage fine with my world.

I am not really like other world builders in the sense that i wont really date any dates.. my mind set it that it will be ready when its ready. I can't really say when it will be ready for download because i have alot of study on my plate soon and im not sure i will be able to keep building at the same time.

It will probably be another couple of months.. about 2 i'd say.

NO bub is Due in August 2011 ...

oh ok.. just wondering on the size... I down loaded a world and my puter ran it fine...but it did stop once ..

MY computer is not that old .. and had a good graphic card in it ..

yeh was just wondering when it would be out for play ...but if a few months it takes then that is fine .. don't hurry ..

I am sure I wil still be here ..lol..

Good luck with the studies ... that is more important ..

:lol:
    edited February 2011
    Thanks tl8au!

Best of luck with the bubba. Well i have a few weeks off from study at the moment so i can get cracking on the building.

I am actually surprised that each building takes so long.. i must be doing too much detail.. i tend to do that!

I will try my best to get it to you as soon as possible without it affecting my building quality!
  • KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I am so excited for this world to be finished :D It's really amazing looking, and that park is just... wow!
    Also I like how the trailer park looks like one big community sort of area ^_^
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hi all,

A few months ago i decided to build my own world so that i could play citylife and suburban life in on map. After 4 or so months of sculpting, painting and decorating i have finally done the map and have moved onto the final stages of building and creating families for my world.

Well, i named the town Brizvegas in homage to my hometown of Brisbane, Australia. I wanted it to be just like brisbane, but obviously there are a few minor things that aren't the same.. some because it looks better that way and some because i couldnt get the final product any closer to reality.

Anyway, have a sneak peak and tell me what you think...

Briz-vegas, city of sunshine and very mild pollution. Many party-going sims flock to the main city for nights of dancing and binge drinking. The outer suburbs are much more quiet than the city center and provide a place for families to grow and flourish with beautiful beaches, housing developments and a town center. Also further out are the farming communities and outback houses for folks who don't want to be disturbed and like the quiet life.

Base, WA, AMB, LN.

UPDATE - 3rd Feb 2011 - Page 2

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/

I added the main link but i will add a few main pictures to the actual page to show you that it is worth looking into the link!

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-553.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-540.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-58.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-59.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-61.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/DingOCuB/Bris-Vegas/Screenshot-63.jpg "width=600"[/IMG]

ALSO - i will be updating with pictures throughout my thread, so check all the pages for more pictures!

CubbySimAddict46,

It looks really good. Are all those buildings made by you as well, other than the rabbit holes of course?
    edited February 2011
    bumping this thread up :D
    edited February 2011
    Damienf519 - Yes all of the lots will be made by me.. i would ask others to contribute but i am extremely fussy about details so i have to do it all myself!

some of the lots are fill-ins just for now, some will be redone.. mostly around the center of town on the suburbann side because the buildings there were made for sunset valley's layout and i want something different. I only made the central area of town with the same layout as sunset valley so that people can transfer their own lots if they dont like myne :)
    edited February 2011
    Damienf519 - . mostly around the center of town on the suburbann side because the buildings there were made for sunset valley's layout and i want something different. I only made the central area of town with the same layout as sunset valley so that people can transfer their own lots if they dont like myne :)

I like that idea !
  • somechick10011somechick10011 Posts: 809 Member
    edited February 2011
    wow!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: this is looking so good!!!! i just cna't wait till you finish!!!! 8) :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen: 8) :lol: !!!
  • Evil_potatoeEvil_potatoe Posts: 107
    edited February 2011
    COOL! I visit Brisbane all the time! It's looking very nice so far!
    edited February 2011
    Hey all, going to have to put building on hold for a while.. i have an infected wisdomn tooth and im in a lot of pain.. they are impacted and i need surgery to get them out :(

will resume when i can.

edited February 2011
    oh Sorry to hear .. :(

hopefully you will recover quickly and not be in a lot of pain ...

Good luck .. :)
    edited March 2011
    hey how is your world going ...

Just checking in :D
  • redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2011
    Im checking on the world..how are you doing with vegas Damien?.. I have some of my favorite sims waiting to move in when you're finish.. ; )..
  • Meteora97Meteora97 Posts: 416
    edited March 2011
    Cool!!! Will you give us an overview of the whole city?
    edited March 2011
    Meteora97 wrote:
    Cool!!! Will you give us an overview of the whole city?

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
    edited March 2011
    bump :D
    edited March 2011
    Sorry guys, i have been so busy first with the recovery and now i have to catch up on my study and one of the tooth gums didn't heal properly and i have to go back in :(

Also.. i had to reformat and re-install windows on my main hard drive because of a boot error (DON'T WORRY, my sims stuff was saved on both hard-drives in case one fails!) so i haven't had much time for building.

Everything has been re-installed now and restored back to normal i just have to catch up on my assignments and then i can get cracking again!

Once again,
    Sorry for the delay guys!

PS. I will get you a pic of map's layout when i can, can someone show me how to get the the whole map on screen? its just too big!!! :D

CubbySimAddict46
    edited March 2011
    Hey all,

I finally got back to it and made myself useful so here are some pics for you, most of the pics are of the old shack house out in the middle of nowhere.. it took a very very long time to create so i gave it the most attention. I have started to get bored of the outback houses now and moved onto the crappy side of downtown building apartments.. not many pics of those at the moment sorry!

Also, some of you requested a pic of the entire world.. since i create the houses in the actual game taking a picture in create a world would be very bare! is there a way to take an overall pic of the world with my lots filled???

By the way, I am only using a very very tiny bit of CC.. i don't download CC at all because i find it ruins my game, but i made certain exceptions for a few build and buy objects.

Pics...

Leslie Boardwalk. Good for picnics and just hanging out!
    Screenshot-734.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-733.jpg"width=600"

The Outback Shackhouse..
    Screenshot-668.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-698.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-699.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-684.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-708.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-710.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-716.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-717.jpg"width=600"

The back verandas and the view.. imagine the city in the distance (hasnt been built yet :D
    Screenshot-696.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-719.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-721.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-691.jpg"width=600"
    Screenshot-722.jpg"width=600"
  • Meteora97Meteora97 Posts: 416
    edited March 2011
    BOOHOO! :) I want to be as skilled as you, right now i'm working on Anderson Bay, and i hate it so far! Do you have any advice? Skilled World builder to n00b?
    edited March 2011
    Meteora97 wrote:
    BOOHOO! :) I want to be as skilled as you, right now i'm working on Anderson Bay, and i hate it so far! Do you have any advice? Skilled World builder to n00b?

Thank-you for the compliments!

It isn't really about skill, its more about knowledge and practice. It took me months to create the world itself and it is going to take me months to create the houses to put in it.. patience is also important.

When i am low on inspiration, i look through the caw forums at everyone's worlds to see how i could improve myne!

I would love to see your world? do you have a link to some pictures?