Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adventure Board not working

So I have read a few things about the adventure boards not working, especially in France, but also in China (Just getting run-around missions). But I am just not sure what people have discovered, because everything is so confused. Can anyone shed light on this subject? Adventures was a waste of money if all I can do is catch fish and gems and stuff for people. Not to mention that France is a waste completely! I want to see if I can figure this out before I complain to EA. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yeah the famous adventure board bug: I've got it to: everything worked fine in France until I finished the "Learn to make nectar adventure" Since then I can't get any new adventures, can't get any new ones at all, not even the simpler ones like catching fish and stuff.
    I still love the game though, cause it didn't always bug for me, it worked fine, until three months ago, then everything..well ****** on itself.

Ea has not mentioned that they are working on the problem, because they re not. Wish is sad. :(
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited December 2010
    Ha my first censure, for a very silly word though..
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    edited December 2010
    I had that problem too. Though I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

If wanted, I can tell you the mod's name. It's Debugenabler from Nraas Industries.
    If your against mods, I got nothing else except back up saves or something and reinstall. Other than that the mod can allow you to continue based off the names in the script or code. It also does many other useful features.
  • flutingfrenzyflutingfrenzy Posts: 40 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Karu300 wrote:
    I had that problem too. Though I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

If wanted, I can tell you the mod's name. It's Debugenabler from Nraas Industries.
    If your against mods, I got nothing else except back up saves or something and reinstall. Other than that the mod can allow you to continue based off the names in the script or code. It also does many other useful features.

!!!

Thanks so much! I didn't realize that mod could do that, but I just used it to get my last couple adventures. Sweet!
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited January 2011
    I stopped being allowed to get adventures after I bought my "Certificate of Partnership" in both France and China. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or if it's another glitch. I'm having a lot of glitches since "Late Night" was released. :(
  • SIMcredibleDesignsSIMcredibleDesigns Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi!
    We had the same problem here so, we decided to search out there a solution.
    Its fix is... absolutely easy (credits to Dacia from Yahoo Answers). She said:
    Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

The fact is that we tried her tips with none hope but... it worked :D
  • SpottedleafSpottedleaf Posts: 34 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I had porblems in China and France, so I tried this:

1- Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box.
    2- Click and hold shift anywhere on the Base Camp and click on build on this lot.
    3- Delete the adventure board.
    4- Return home, and then go back to where ever you were.

It's been working fine for me since doing this, but when you return the adventure board might be in a different spot. In France mine was on the side of the base camp, but it worked perfectly.
  • xokissez45oxxokissez45ox Posts: 80
    edited January 2011
    This happened to me in France, and I tried deleting the board, going home and then returning and that didn't help. What seems to be working as of now, is lining up a bunch of "check for adventure" actions in a row, and one eventually works, but only one a day. for some reason, no matter how many times a do that, if I've already done one that sim day, i could do it for hours and not get an adventure.

and EA, this really stinks. it's the whole point of world adventures, so there goes my money. not to mention, my sims LIFETIME GOAL is to achieve the highest visa level in all three countries. so I guess i'm just S.O.L. ea at it again.
  • nykie_foxxnykie_foxx Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I think I know why the board in France isn't working. Mine doesn't work either so I tried deleting it. The thing is, when I picked up the board, it said "Adventure Board Egypt". It makes sense to me that the Egypt board won't work in France, so I'm not getting adventures. There must be something wrong in the coding that puts the wrong board in the wrong place.
  • SouldrifterSouldrifter Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Hi!
    Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

You just saved my Simming evening! Worked like a charm for me. Thank you!
  • MissMenaceMissMenace Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Karu300 wrote:

Just installed the mod, but am unsure what to do to get adventure calls. Do I just make it spawn cell phone calls? Because each time I do that I just get the "wrong number" one ...
  • MeronaCovemanMeronaCoveman Posts: 161
    edited February 2011
    Nofravell wrote:
    Yeah the famous adventure board bug: I've got it to: everything worked fine in France until I finished the "Learn to make nectar adventure" Since then I can't get any new adventures, can't get any new ones at all, not even the simpler ones like catching fish and stuff.
    I still love the game though, cause it didn't always bug for me, it worked fine, until three months ago, then everything..well ****** on itself.

Ea has not mentioned that they are working on the problem, because they re not. Wish is sad. :(
    ME TOO! RIGHT AFTER THE NECTAR ONE! I did get the oh-so-annoying flower foto one. I HAVE TAKEN SEVEN FRIGGIN PICTURES OF FLOWERS! AND TREES! AND BUSHES!
    I also got the go-to-egypt-just-to-convince-some-guy-to-let-another-guy-to-stay-there one but I turned it down cuz it was a waste of money. Going home can help, but you hafta try a million times.
  • HippiChickiNikiHippiChickiNiki Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    I had this problem as well. I was on level two visa for both the mom and dad and I had used the "buydebug on" cheat to plant pomelos and fire fruit and a few other rare plants back at home. It was their first trip to France with any kids and the mom had just finished the nectar making adventure. Suddenly, the board stopped working at all for her and only worked periodically for him. I'm not sure if it was the debug cheat the nectar adventure like someone else said or what but if I line up a bunch ofcheck for adventures in a row one will work as long as it's a new day. I'm going to try to delete the board as suggested and see if that mends it. But it has really made this fourth trip to France stink. It was always my least favorite of the foreign countries (in the ge) not in real life. But, this makes it horrible compared to China and Egypt!!!
  • TiSMOiABLETiSMOiABLE Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    I think what HippiChickiNiki said about the buy debug cheat messing with it must be right. I have only used it twice and both times it messed up my game. This time being the adventure board. I have a sim who has the 'seasoned traveller' lifetime award. I have currently got her up visa level 2 in France after 3 days of travelling and have just taken her back for 5 days to reach visa level 3 and buy her a holiday home. The only way to earn visa level is doing adventures via the adventure board, and for some reason it is not working. I suspect it's the debug cheat as I used it on her last trip to France to add some 'pushable statues' to a tomb which I had accidentally deleted before I knew I needed one - whoops :oops:

::UPDATE::
    So, I came back to sims today to find it is still not working despite shutting everything down and leaving it for about 20 hours. But, to test if I am having the same problem with the other sims in my sim household, I took her sister and tested it. What she got was not an adventure, but a message that read:
    "There doesn't seem to be anything Destry can help with today, best to check again tomorrow or with another sim"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • shelleyannshelleyann Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I too had the dreaded adventure board bug. I could get adventures but only one a day and were usually rubbish. I only needed the research assistant task in France to complete and was thinking I would never get it when my sim was in bed at the camp and the task just appeared. Don't know if someone rang to offer the task or what as she was asleep. Just thought I would post this to give hope that tasks can just appear!
  • norafishnorafish Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

I have that mod...how do you do that? I don't see it in the menu...
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2011
    norafish wrote:
    I had a mod installed that also had spawning adventure calls and stuff so I just had to select one I think was right to get the call.

I have that mod...how do you do that? I don't see it in the menu...

You'll have to go to the website he suggested and askfor it there. (That's one of the ones where it's forbidden to link, but at least you can mention it.)

From what I understand, the mods only give the low level adventures like the "get me a date" type, not the final most fun adventures that the update has made it impossible to get.
  • smallville1689smallville1689 Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2011
    nykie_foxx wrote:
    I think I know why the board in France isn't working. Mine doesn't work either so I tried deleting it. The thing is, when I picked up the board, it said "Adventure Board Egypt". It makes sense to me that the Egypt board won't work in France, so I'm not getting adventures. There must be something wrong in the coding that puts the wrong board in the wrong place.

I have the same thing. My board works to give me adventures here and there in France but I can't get any of the big adventures that lead into the tombs. I didn't notice any problems until after Generations. But I have the Egypt board in France according to my buydebug.

• MisterE21MisterE21 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I had this problem. I have not mods installed.

I think it has something to do with the Sims inventory. I was able to complete a few adventures without using all of the keystones. Once I removed the extra items and the keystones from my Sims inventory the adventure boards started working again.
  • 13etty13etty Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    I have an idea!!!!!
    Follow these steps:
    1.Go to wherever the problem is
    2.Click shift+ control+ c
    3.Type in testingcheatsenabled true
    4. Go to the floor and press shift
    5.Click buy on this lot
    6. Click the adventure board (dont delete it!)
    7. Save it to your family inventory
    8. Go to where the board is suppose to be and put it there!
    Do the same to where you put the board.
    (I havent tried it so might not work, please respond if it does!)
  • SilentBobSCSilentBobSC Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Hi!

Worked for me!
  • losticonlosticon Posts: 215 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Yep, that flipping to the house opportunities, clicking on all of them, then switching back to the world adventure opportunities did the trick for me too! :D
  • ElizavetaRoseElizavetaRose Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem and I discovered that it works when you don't have testingcheatsenabled.

hope this helps!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2011
    My is working.. I think..

hope it is ok I hid here for a christmas game...

rur0w4.jpg

(hidding pictures for the christmas wheel, a sims competition in gifting forum)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Matmaster50Matmaster50 Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    The one in France isnt working for me but i havnt done that nectar egypt adventure its just stopped working and ive had the expansion pack a day!!! why spend money on something that doesnt work stupid EA first the annoying grey flickering in the background now this, they really do mess up this game :evil: :!:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top