Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫ Music & Modelling ♫ The Final Assignment

The Final Assignment - Judges Choice.

It's the final assignment of the competition so I thought it would be good to try something a little different to the previous ones. The songs for this assignment are the judges choice. Me and Pixie30 have picked songs for you that we think would make good pictures. :) You have TWO songs each, this makes it more of a challenge and helps to give the judges something extra to judge with. There are a total of 100 points available to add to your scores in this assignment. Here are your judges choices...

FrugalMay
1. Tik Tok by Kesha (Tiger Lily's choice)
2. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem & Rihanna (Pixie's choice)

Castiel500
1. Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani (Tiger Lily's choice)
2. Spotlight by Jennifer Hudson (Pixie's choice)

Rules & Information:

* You can choose to either represent the whole song in the pictures or you can choose to represent just specific lyrics from that song. If you choose to just to represent a certain lyric, please post which lyrics they are underneath the picture so the judges can see what your inspiration was.

* You must use the same model throughout the competition. Genetics cant be changed, but hair colour and style can. You can add as many other sims into the picture but your model must be in the picture somewhere.

* Cheats can be used. I'd recommend using hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] to hide the plumbob/thought bubbles/speech bubbles from your picture. Moveobjects on/off to move your sim around. unlockOutfits [on/off] to unlock all outfits for more choice of clothes and Motherlode to buy things to decorate your background.

* Editing is not required, you are welcome to edit your picture if you want to but to make it fair for everyone, it won't be judged.

* There are no eliminations in this competition. The scores from each assignment will be carried over to the next assignment. There will be 10 assignments altogether, each assignment has a maximum score of 75 points (25 points from each judge). The winner of the competition is the person who is closest to 750 points at the end of the 10th assignment.

*Please don't drop out! I can hand out extensions if you need more time. I understand school is starting soon and that people may have work and family commitments too, so I can be flexible with the time limit if it's needed.

Scoring:

Relation to the song (does the picture relate to the song? and more specifically does it relate to the lyrics?) 0/10
Creativity (how creative was the picture?) 0/5
Overall Picture (how does the background look? does it fit in with the song? is it edited well? if it's not edited are the speech bubbles, plumbbobs etc hidden?) 0/10
Total 0/25

Due Date:

The due date for entries to be finished by is Wednesday 15th December. I've given you some extra time because it's 2 pictures this week. If you need an extention, please let me know as soon as possible.

Prizes

The winner of the competition gets a chance to become a judge on the second cycle of Music & Modelling. You can also ask for a signature saying you're winner if you would like one and I'll get one made for you. :)

Judges
1. tiger_lily5
2. pixie30

Finalists
FrugalMay 8)
Castiel500 8)

Codes
Seen it - 8)
Handed in - :thumbup:

Good Luck! :)
✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited December 2010
    I've copied the scores for the last assignment over from the old thread so it's easier to find them. :mrgreen:

Scores.

Here are the scores for assignment 6. I am so sorry for the long wait.

Castiel500

Tiger Lily's Scores -
    Relation to the song 9/10
    Creativity 3/5
    Overall Picture 8/10
    Total 20/25

I like the idea of the ghosts theme song, it wasn't something that would automatically come to mind when I think of reality shows, so that's great. I liked the colouring effect, I'm not sure if you edited it or if it was just in game (I haven't played a ghost hunter for ages lol) but it made it look a little creepy. Good job. :)

Pixie30's scores -
    Relation to the song 10/10
    Creativity 4/5
    Overall Picture 9/10
    Total 23/25
    Comments: I liked the picture alot, the idea of using the ghost facers theme music was great as we have ghost catchers ingame now, but that also puts creativity down.
    As it's an in game thing already, it doesn't seem very creative. But I think you pulled off the song well...by what I read never actually heard it XD but the lyrics u provided were good as the song. Also your pic is a bit blury, game graphics?

FrugalMay

Tiger Lily's scores -
    Relation to the song 9/10
    Creativity 4/5
    Overall Picture 10/10
    Total 23/25

I loved this picture! The whole scene looks really pretty. I love the dress that you chose as well, it fits in so well with the rest of the pastel colour scheme. I love the pinky leaves/flowers at the top of the picture too.

Pixie30's scores -
    Relation to the song 10/10
    Creativity 5/5
    Overall Picture 9/10
    Total 24/25
    Comments: I loved the way you represented the song! The idea of using the swing is a great one and with part of the tree there just adds to picture. I love it. Although I wish we could have seen your model's face and maybe (not sure if you know where to get them) but put wings on her back?

Assignment 6 Scores -

1st. FrugalMay with 47/50
    2nd. Castiel500 with 43/50

Totals

So the totals after assignment 6 are now -

1st. FrugalMay with 272.5/350
    2nd. Castiel500 with 242/350
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    I just added the winners prize. I knew I'd missed something out! lol It's a place on the judging panel for the second cycle. :)

pixie30 - would you like to judge again in the second cycle?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • FrugalMayFrugalMay Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited December 2010
    Nice this should be fun! I love a good challenge:) It's due the day right before my birthday!:)
    edited December 2010
    Forgot to bookmark this :oops:

Happy early birthday FrugalMay!! I hope you have a great time on the day :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    Thank you!
  • pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited December 2010
    I just added the winners prize. I knew I'd missed something out! lol It's a place on the judging panel for the second cycle. :)

Yeah please :mrgreen:
  • Castiel500Castiel500 Posts: 899
    edited December 2010
    Seen it... :cry:
    edited December 2010
    pixie30 wrote:

Yay! :) I'm thinking about opening the sign ups soon and seeing if there is enough interest in the comp and if there is then it should be all ready to start after this cycle has finished!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    Castiel500 wrote:
    Seen it... :cry:

Ok. Is it alright?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    pixie30 wrote:

Yay! :) I'm thinking about opening the sign ups soon and seeing if there is enough interest in the comp and if there is then it should be all ready to start after this cycle has finished!

Yey that's great :mrgreen:
    I look forward to judging a whole cycle with you
    edited December 2010
    Okay I got a good screenshot for the first song but my game wasn't cooperating for the second so I'm gonna have to do something different... My game is so slow darn it!
    edited December 2010
    @pixie30 - ditto! it'll be fun. :mrgreen: I've almost finished the sign-ups page now, so I'm gonna post it soon!

@FrugalMay - oh, it's annoying when the games slow like that. My game was being weird the other day. I dont know what happened to it!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    @pixie30 - ditto! it'll be fun. :mrgreen: I've almost finished the sign-ups page now, so I'm gonna post it soon!

@FrugalMay - oh, it's annoying when the games slow like that. My game was being weird the other day. I dont know what happened to it!

Post the link when it's up :-)

Also, do you think your have time to join my modeling comp ? Dw if u dnt have the time but i'm aiming for 20 models and i'm 3 away :D
    edited December 2010
    pixie30 wrote:

Post the link when it's up :-)

Also, do you think your have time to join my modeling comp ? Dw if u dnt have the time but i'm aiming for 20 models and i'm 3 away :D

Here's the link to cycle 2: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312501.page :)

I'm sorry I'd love to join it but I've got a lot going on at the moment and I wouldn't want to hold everyone up with it. I had to drop out of one that I was in a couple of weeks ago. I feel so bad for that :( But I hope you get to 20, if I see anyone posting about joining a comp, I'll post your link! :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    Okay thanks <3
    edited December 2010
    Okay here's my entry

Pkoto 1- Tik Tok by Kesha
    Screenshot-22-1.jpg
    "Tik Tok
    on the clock,
    but the party don't stop, no..."

Photo 2- Love the way you lie by Eminem and Rhianna
    Screenshot-13-2-1.jpg
    "Just gonna stand there and hear me cry... that's alright because I love the way you lie..."
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for handing it in FrugalMay :) Since it's the final, I'm going to wait until the results to comment on all the pictures this time.

Just waiting for Castiel's pictures now and then judging can start!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    It's due! Judging can start as soon as the pictures have been posted :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    C'mon Castiel!:)
    edited December 2010
    Bump for Castiel to see this :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited December 2010
    Wonder where she is... Woot no school for 2 weeks!! Right after I dropped all the comps I was in hah. Oh well they are kind of tiring after a while.
    edited December 2010
    FrugalMay wrote:
    Wonder where she is... Woot no school for 2 weeks!! Right after I dropped all the comps I was in hah. Oh well they are kind of tiring after a while.

Same here (about 2 weeks off) and lol your dropped all your comps x) why was it because you were busy ;)
    are you joining any more?
    edited December 2010
    To be honest I am just tired of turning in my assignments and then it takes like a week or more for other people to turn in their assignments. I am one of those people who follow due dates closely so it is rather annoying to wait on others. Also I am kind of busy. School, when it starts again, and I now have my legacy. I don't think I will be joining any more competitions until summer. I'm always happy to judge, but I can't be in them for now.
    edited December 2010
    FrugalMay wrote:
    To be honest I am just tired of turning in my assignments and then it takes like a week or more for other people to turn in their assignments. I am one of those people who follow due dates closely so it is rather annoying to wait on others. Also I am kind of busy. School, when it starts again, and I now have my legacy. I don't think I will be joining any more competitions until summer. I'm always happy to judge, but I can't be in them for now.

Same here, once i get eliminated thats it. Tbh I wanna get started back on my legacy
    edited December 2010
    pixie30 wrote:
    FrugalMay wrote:

Same here, once i get eliminated thats it. Tbh I wanna get started back on my legacy

If you love to write and take pictures, you should go for it! I'd love to read it:)