Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, We have Create a pattern & Create a world, why not Create Sim Clothing? Or Create Sim Hair?

Hi there, I've been wondering for a while now why they haven't given us a free program to create clothing or hair? Any thoughts? I don't recall seeing this issue in a thread, but I don't haunt the forums waiting for an issue to be disscussed, so forgive me if this issue has been discussed to death already. Input?? :D

Comments

• van1llabeeen87van1llabeeen87 Posts: 964 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i would absolutely love to create my own hair as i absolutely HATE the idea of cc and don't use it and most of the hair do's in the game are just ugly.
  • JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2010
    Agreed. This was exactly what I was thinking, anybody else, maybe if we get enough responses to this thread, EA will hear us??? Anythings possible. :-)
    edited November 2010
    :D Edited to say, thank's for responding.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited November 2010
    You cant just mesh stuff just like that, its not as easy as creating a pattern or a world. There are a lot of processes to go through to do a simple thing. There are 3rd party programs out there if you are game enough to try it :) .
    you'll probably need A basic meshing tool such as TSR workshop, Milkshape, and an image editing program such as Photoshop.

Heres an article on how to mesh hair using TSR workshop
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/articles/view-post/post/15025/BASIC HAIR MESHING IN TSR WORKSHOP

Goodluck.
    edited November 2010
    You cant just mesh stuff just like that, its not as easy as creating a pattern or a world. There are a lot of processes to go through to do a simple thing. There are 3rd party programs out there if you are game enough to try it :) .
    you'll probably need A basic meshing tool such as TSR workshop, Milkshape, and an image editing program such as Photoshop.

Here's an article on how to mesh hair using TSR workshop
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/articles/view-post/post/15025/BASIC HAIR MESHING IN TSR WORKSHOP

Goodluck.

You are a doll to answer in such a thoughtful concise way! Thank you very much! But I was hoping for a non-cc way of doing this then adding it to the game. like the CAW & CAP programs EA has already provieded us with. :D
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Because that requires meshing and meshing is hard.

Very hard.

Anyone who's in favor of this obviously has never tried meshing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2010
    In S2 we were given a seperate program called BodyShop.

Once you got used to it, and if you were proficient enough in using a graphics editing program, you could design your own clothes, and patterns; within the limits of the mesh being used.

I used to designed several nice outfits, makeup, etc. using BodyShop. Another thing that was nice about it was that you could change the category of the clothing. For instance, I made a very nice nightgown using a formalwear dress, providing a silky texture / color, and changing it's category to sleepwear. It could also be used to change clothes' age category. This allowed me to provide some nicer outfits for elders.

Hair can be a bit more difficult, because it needs as much as 36 templates to allow for layering and age groups. It's a lot of work, and requires much playtesting and redoing.

TSR Workshop is like BodyShop in many ways, but I have found it to be dangerous to use. I wanted to change the category of a pair of high heeled slippers to sleepwear, so my sims could have mules. It worked, but then it contaminated my game, and multiplied to the point that it was like that "Devil Doll" that caused so many problems a while back.

I had to completely uninstall, and reload my entire game to get rid of it. I have a firm policy of making only No CC creations, and protect my reputation very seriously. I no longer use the TSR Workshop for anything.

I have been requesting an official EA release of an S3 version of BodyShop since day one. They have been nice enough to give us the WorldMaker and PatternMaker programs. I would be delighted to have an S3 BodyShop, and be able to make official, No CC creations. It would greatly enhance my abilities to create even more things for my game, and be able to share with confidence.

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2010
    It's funny that you should bring this up at this time because I was browsing at the store for my superstar. I was wondering why they never let us be able to create clothing, and hairstyles for our sims too. I'm all for being able to do this. Now the hairs, the clothing, and all that the designers at EA, and their on-line store fashion designers have came up with some nice things. But not everybody likes the same things, and what the designers have created. Now a lot of us are aware that creating such stuff takes a while to create. That's why their was an on-line fashion school when there was just S1, and S2. :D As for the body shop, I was hoping that they would leave that in there, and even improve it a little even berfore the launch of 3. But well as evrybody knows by now, they didn't bring back the body shop. :(
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Far too complicated. There would be no way for the developers to simplify such a tool for the average player. At least not easily.
  • SimmieSimmersonSimmieSimmerson Posts: 122
    edited November 2010
    I never heard about Bodyshop, was it something you downloaded? I wish they'd release software for creating hair styles and clothing. I'm not allowed to download anything. Not even from this site!
    edited November 2010
    I never heard about Bodyshop, was it something you downloaded? I wish they'd release software for creating hair styles and clothing. I'm not allowed to download anything. Not even from this site!

Now allowed? Why? :O
  • SimmieSimmersonSimmieSimmerson Posts: 122
    edited November 2010
    @miloandotis Well I play TS3 on my parents comp because my laptop is too old for it. I'm not allowed to get on the Internet on their comp because the old one got a virus that completely fried it. So not allowed to download anything.
    edited November 2010
    @miloandotis Well I play TS3 on my parents comp because my laptop is too old for it. I'm not allowed to get on the Internet on their comp because the old one got a virus that completely fried it. So not allowed to download anything.

Oh =( That's no fun XD
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2010
    I would love if they could make a user friendly tool to create cloths and hair, I also want to make my own tattoos. :D
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    edited November 2010
    I want to create my sim's hairstyles :) I don't like the original ones and I'd rather create the hairstyles myself.
    edited November 2010
    I admit, I'm not especially computer savvy, but it seems to me that if they can give us a program that can create an entire World, then they should be able to give us a program that creates hair or clothing. It's obvious to me that they don't want us using cc, so the obvious thing would be, let us create. Isn't that why we buy this type of game? Creating is why I love this game. How about you?
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Yeah meshing pretty complicated (this is for an object)

clothing Meshing

I thin EA now has substituted Bodyshop (Which was really fun) For Create a Style.

But for very very non-meshing simple clothing design where you just put an image on it watch this :)

I dont think EA would be able to make it anymore simpler than this, and creating your own hair would be almost impossible for EA to create a tool for people from a non-computer background.
  • pieceofme07pieceofme07 Posts: 348 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Id love to be aboul to mabe make my own hair i hate geting CC hair cose i dont wanna mess my game up yeas i do have CC only one hair tho and i like it but it would be nice to have better hair i hate hair that look flat:) i like puffy and has body to it:)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited November 2010
    This could have been possible. But with the way their hairs are constructed it's not easily done. I've thought many times about this, and I believe they could release a tool for it.
    edited November 2010
    This could have been possible. But with the way their hairs are constructed it's not easily done. I've thought many times about this, and I believe they could release a tool for it.

I'd love to see it, however Miss Chatterbox has been most kind in providing us an example of how much effort goes into the process, and I'd just like to take a moment to thank her for that. :D Thanks!
  • spikemetalspikemetal Posts: 20 New Member
    bodyshop not showing items after injecting. anyone know why? custom content in game is empty. where does it put them and is there a way to fix this manually? was told it is in the 'save' file but i can not find it.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited July 2018
    spikemetal wrote: »
    bodyshop not showing items after injecting. anyone know why? custom content in game is empty. where does it put them and is there a way to fix this manually? was told it is in the 'save' file but i can not find it.

@spikemetal, are you playing TS2? Because if you are, then you might want to post this issue over in the TS2 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2010... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Wowsa, this thread is eight years old... :s
  • spikemetalspikemetal Posts: 20 New Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > spikemetal wrote: »
    >
    > bodyshop not showing items after injecting. anyone know why? custom content in game is empty. where does it put them and is there a way to fix this manually? was told it is in the 'save' file but i can not find it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @spikemetal, are you playing TS2? Because if you are, then you might want to post this issue over in the TS2 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2010... :)
    >

@lisasc360, i was there that's where i found this thread, there are to many about 3 and 4 in here, it gets confusing and i dont know where to go. this is the link EA/origin gave me. thank you for your help.. :) sorry, had to remove the link you added since this is my first time here.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    spikemetal wrote: »
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > spikemetal wrote: »
    >
    > bodyshop not showing items after injecting. anyone know why? custom content in game is empty. where does it put them and is there a way to fix this manually? was told it is in the 'save' file but i can not find it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @spikemetal, are you playing TS2? Because if you are, then you might want to post this issue over in the TS2 section as this is an old TS3 thread from 2010... :)
    >

@lisasc360, i was there that's where i found this thread, there are to many about 3 and 4 in here, it gets confusing and i dont know where to go. this is the link EA/origin gave me. thank you for your help.. :) sorry, had to remove the link you added since this is my first time here.

@spikemetal, You're welcome... :) And I hope you find a solution to your issue... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top