Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing Names?

I have a question about changing names. I guess I will have to be okay with the fact that single dads just all of the sudden have children, but how can i change their last name to match their fathers"

and is this a bug, or has it been decided that this is just an accepted part of story progression?

Comments

• DancingXtremeDancingXtreme Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've seen an option at City Hall to change your name, so I'm assuming you can there.
  • Lcbug79Lcbug79 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thank you so much!
  • KimmyGioKimmyGio Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you get to City Hall to do that?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    KimmyGio wrote: »
    Click on the building. You are playing Sims 3 I hope? Because if you’re confusing this topic for Sims 4: that game doesn’t have a city hall.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    KimmyGio wrote: »

The option is only available during normal work hours. I think your sim has to go into City Hall to complete the name change. Or you can use a mod like NRaas MasterController.
  • KimmyGioKimmyGio Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks. Playing Sims 4. Newbie.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    @KimmyGio Since I suspect you’re rather looking for a way to change your sim’s name than for the city hall: here’s an explanation how to do that :)

(this is the Sims 3 corner of these forums, when you click on the house icon in the upper left corner you’ll find the Sims 4 section)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Also you can change a sim's name sing this University Life item.... I can't remember it's name, but there's these two chair devices, the 2.0 one allows you to alter personality but also allows the changing of the sim's name 'Personality programing' option.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    You can change sims' names through City Hall or by the "Edit in CAS" cheat code. Only YAs and up can change their names, though I'm not sure if sims younger can. I usually change names through cheat codes.

I'm also not sure if the forum creator mean't Sims 4 instead... so if they mean't Sims 4, just click on a wardrobe or maybe a mirror and look for an option to change their clothes or add makeup (haven't played Sims 4 in awhile, I can't remember what the options say exactly, sorry). That sends you right into in-game CAS and you can change the names there.