Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire babies?

OK so I am unlucky - I won't get my game until Friday at least - but I have a question...

A while ago when information was released about this pack, EA confirmed vampire babies (or, "bambinos") and now I am hearing that they can't be vampires until they are teens? Please explain! :shock:

I was also under the impression that "kids" (in my mind, the child life stage) were affected by the sun as they went to school? I am really confused, I thought we could have vampire babies... :P

If anyone could explain this in detail that would be awesome :D
2dl3asp.jpg

Comments

• ladydisdainladydisdain Posts: 92 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I don't have the game yet but from what I understand, they don't 'exhibit' their...vampireness until they are teenagers. I guess 'cos it would cause problems with school, or if your mum left you outside in the sun as these careless sims do...

They have V's instead of Z's when sleeping, though :D
  • trhonda2000trhonda2000 Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2010
    As the previous person said I believe they don't show their vampire abilities until teenage years, but technically still a vampire. Just had a baby last night.
  • lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2010
    Vamps aren't affected by the sun when indoors, such as a school. When they are out in the sun the effect isn't that bad either way...and they only get it sometimes. I've had my vamp out in the sun quite a few times and she never got the moodlet.

I currently have a vampire toddler and vampire child in my game (in another family) so I know they don't have to wait to be teens. I'm guessing they're either born that way or not.
  • PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited October 2010
    Vamps aren't affected by the sun when indoors, such as a school. When they are out in the sun the effect isn't that bad either way...and they only get it sometimes. I've had my vamp out in the sun quite a few times and she never got the moodlet.

I currently have a vampire toddler and vampire child in my game (in another family) so I know they don't have to wait to be teens. I'm guessing they're either born that way or not.

So you mean that some vampire babies are born behaving/looking like vampires; and some vampire babies behave/look normal when they are born, but when they hit teenage years they suddenly behave/look like vampires?
    That's actually kinda cool :lol:
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • elvishprincess89elvishprincess89 Posts: 452 Member
    edited October 2010
    I think i read that although they wont get their full powers until their teenage stage they should have the vampire skin and glowing eyes,i also read that toddlers and kids can bite their teddy bears like a grown vamp :wink:
  • trhonda2000trhonda2000 Posts: 142 Member
    edited October 2010
    I believe they have the looks, but just not the super abilities til teen. But I could be wrong, I swore my baby had glowing eyes. Both parents are vamps! :)
  • RelationshipsRelationships Posts: 96
    edited October 2010
    I know that when two vampires mate they produce a vampire baby. the vampire baby wont have powers until it is a teen but it will act and look like a vampire.
  • RelationshipsRelationships Posts: 96
    edited October 2010
    Also children and up can have effects of being in the sun too long.

hope this helps :D
  • AviendaTristynAviendaTristyn Posts: 843 Member
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for all the info. everyone,I can't wait to get it.I'm so EXCITED!!! :D:mrgreen:
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2010
    2 vamps have a baby its a vampire, but the skill of that little vamp doesn't get there till teen i believe it is. My vampire was out in the hot tub when the sun came up, she got a moodlit to go inside, but she didn't right away, an hour later she got the moodlit that she was heating up, and went inside, both moodlits then disappeared.
  • kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Not sure about abilities but I know they don't have the "drink" capability until young adult even though they look like a vampire (skin and eyes, not the teeth) during their younger years. At least, that's how it worked for the one Vampire sim I had that was born that way.

I had a vamp-Sim who had a baby. He aged normally and had the green levels (including "hunger" as opposed to "thirst") all the way through his childhood and teen years, even though he had vamp skin and eyes. When he aged to young adult, as he did the age-up spin, he got the red cloud and vampire flock that happens when a Sim transitions into a vampire. That's when he got his fangs, his ability to "Drink" and his purple levels.

• BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited October 2010
    either a toddler or child that will become a vampire when they reach YA can bite their teddy bears. can anyone confirm? i would love to see a toddler biting it's teddy.
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the info everybody, very informative :D I am bumping because Bafendo's question is unanswered :P Can anyone confirm this with a pic?
    2dl3asp.jpg
    edited October 2010
    Come on, no one wants to comment on the behbehz?? :P
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited November 2010
    well i have got a vampire married to human
    all the babies are coming out vampires

they have had 6 children
    they all have the eyes - pale skin - v tatoo on neck
    they dont get any vampire powers at all until they are young adults
    they act like normal children till they are ya
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Sgt_LolcakesSgt_Lolcakes Posts: 49
    edited November 2010
    OK so I am unlucky - I won't get my game until Friday at least - but I have a question...

A while ago when information was released about this pack, EA confirmed vampire babies (or, "bambinos") and now I am hearing that they can't be vampires until they are teens? Please explain! :shock:

I was also under the impression that "kids" (in my mind, the child life stage) were affected by the sun as they went to school? I am really confused, I thought we could have vampire babies... :P

If anyone could explain this in detail that would be awesome :D

Baby's: Nothing about them looks like there vampire parents
    Toddlers: They have the glowing eyes the tatoo and they gain skills faster than child teen young adult adult and elder vampires
    Child: Same as Toddlers but burn in the sun skills get slower
    Teenager: not sure about teenagers but i do know they have the same things as a child but need to drink but skills get slower they get there super speed and stuff
    Young adult: all the same stuff but skills get slower

Basically the older you get the harder it is to gain skills

EDIT: also if both you parents are vampires they will be born with randomly selected colored eyes not from any of the parents
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2010
    Bafendo wrote:
    either a toddler or child that will become a vampire when they reach YA can bite their teddy bears. can anyone confirm? i would love to see a toddler biting it's teddy.

I tested this. My vamp child treated it like the normal kids did. No biting.
  • cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2010

Baby's: Nothing about them looks like there vampire parents
    Toddlers: They have the glowing eyes the tatoo and they gain skills faster than child teen young adult adult and elder vampires
    Child: Same as Toddlers but burn in the sun skills get slower
    Teenager: not sure about teenagers but i do know they have the same things as a child but need to drink but skills get slower they get there super speed and stuff
    Young adult: all the same stuff but skills get slower

Basically the older you get the harder it is to gain skills

EDIT: also if both you parents are vampires they will be born with randomly selected colored eyes not from any of the parents

I had a different experience. My baby vamp definitely had the vamp glow. As a toddler she learned skills as fast as regular kids did. Same thing as a child. She didn't really take off in learning skills until she was a teen and bow did she learn them! She's mastered painting, the piano, the guitar, logic, athletic, writing, charisma, and cooking. She also gets her homework done in half the time it takes a regular sim. My adult vamp learns skills faster than the regular sim but not that fast.

Also she gets the same hunger moodlets that the adult vamp does and the need to drink plasma juice or eat plasma fruit. As an older teen as the ability to mess with other Sim's minds as well as moodlets for the getting out of the sunlight.
  • cloudkittysimmercloudkittysimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    > @cyberlucy1965 said:
    >
    >
    > I had a different experience. My baby vamp definitely had the vamp glow. As a toddler she learned skills as fast as regular kids did. Same thing as a child. She didn't really take off in learning skills until she was a teen and bow did she learn them! She's mastered painting, the piano, the guitar, logic, athletic, writing, charisma, and cooking. She also gets her homework done in half the time it takes a regular sim. My adult vamp learns skills faster than the regular sim but not that fast.
    >
    >
    > Also she gets the same hunger moodlets that the adult vamp does and the need to drink plasma juice or eat plasma fruit. As an older teen as the ability to mess with other Sim's minds as well as moodlets for the getting out of the sunlight.

Wow. Y'all know so much about this vampire sims pack. I don't even have it, but I want it really bad, because you guys make it sound really fun.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    @cloudkittysimmer, Here is a link to The Sims 4 Game Packs where you can discuss The Vampire Pack as this thread is about The Sims 3 vampires... ;)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-game-packs
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    I'm closing this thread as it was necro'd and the link to the correct forum board was shared.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top