Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CRC Error?

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Caches\Bridgeport.objectCache doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

Someone please help me install the Sims 3 Night Life successfully. I have re-installed the entire series in order from which they debuted, so this error is a bit shocking to me.

Help me please!

Comments

• jennydb91jennydb91 Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2010
    Have the same problem! Can someone please, please help?
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

First, ensure that the game disc is not damaged or dirty. Cleaning the disc and the DVD drive internals using a cleaning kit may help. Scan and defrag the hard drive if necessary. For your specific issue please refer to the following thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/947.page

For those using a digital download version of the game, the CRC issue can also be caused by a bad installer setup that was corrupted somehow during the remote file transfer. You will need to clear the EADM cache and download the game again without interruption, in that case.

If none of the above works, the following may also be of help to you:

1.) Open Windows Start menu
    2.) Select Run
    3.) Type msconfig
    4.) In the Services tab disable all items
    5.) In the Startup tab uncheck all items
    6.) Restart computer in Safe Mode (press F8 during bootup)
    7.) While in Safe Mode insert The Sims 3 Late Night DVD disc
    8.) Use Windows Explorer to locate SETUP.EXE on the disc
    9.) Right-click SETUP.EXE and select the option to run it as an Administrator
    10.) Installation should now proceed without any CRC errors
    11.) Reboot the computer normally

If the issue is not resolved, you can give this a try next:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:
    Hi there.

What I'd advise in this case is going into Device Manager (from System -> Hardware in Control Panel), right clicking on the [DVD] drive and selecting Uninstall. Reboot your system without a [game] disk in the drive, and Windows should redetect the [DVD] drive and reinstall its software.

If that does not work, contact your system manufacturer for diagnostics and possibly a firmware update.

-Big Guy-

If your issue is still not resolved, verify that the software drivers for the DVD drive are in fact functioning properly and that the DVD drive controller is set to DMA Mode. You can also replace the DVD drive unit with another model either purchased or borrowed. The Sims 3 disc (and its subsequent expansions) apparently has issues with certain optical drives due to the way it was stamped at manufacturing.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • AuroraDexter868AuroraDexter868 Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    This still dosent work! I've had mine a week and its bridgeport file is 'corrupted'
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited June 2012
    If CRC errors cannot be resolved, you can alternatively use your disc serial code to redeem a digital download version of the game from the EA Store at no cost to you. For those running Microsoft Windows, this is made possible through the Origin download manager client. If you have previously registered the game on the Sims3.com website, the product will already be redeemed in Origin. If not, to register the game through Origin you will need to proceed to the following page:

https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!