Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫ Music & Modelling Competition ♫ Assignment 3

Whoa! That felt like the longest assignment in history. I apologise for the delays. We only have two judges now so the scores will be out of 50. Without waiting any longer, here are the results for assignment 2.

Tiger Lily's scores

NiNjahawkz
Relation to the song 8/10
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 20/25

Your picture reminded me of the real Bad video! but with a girl sim instead lol :D I loved the pose, it looked like your model had an attitude that fitted in well with the lyrics. You styled her really well too, good job :)

Castiel500
Relation to the song 9/10
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 21/25

Cute picture! I thought it was a good choice of lyrics, it's not one of the obvious ones I would have picked out of the song, so credit to you for that :) I liked all the details in the picture, you added a lot to it and gave it a real Autumn vibe. I liked the couple too, they fitted in with the lyrics nicely and it felt like it was a flashback or a dream to how they used to be. Nice job!

FrugalMay
Relation to the song 10/10
Creativity 5/5
Overall Picture 10/10
Total 25/25

I loved this picture! You definitely captured the whole idea of the song. It's a powerful song and you certainly made a powerful picture.

Rosebud14
Relation to the song 8/10
Creativity 5/5
Overall Picture 8/10
Total 21/25

You had an interesting idea. I love how you added dancing into the picture, I could see you'd really thought about the song and the video too. I like the fact you chose to take the picture at night to add to the creepy effect and I do like the lighting, although it was dark, I could still see your main model. Well done :)

mystiqueblue
Creativity 4/5
Overall Picture 9/10
Total 22/25

I also loved this picture! The proposal was a nice little touch, not something I would have instantly thought about. I'm so used to the video where MJ is chasing the girl, so I liked how you showed a different idea, one in which the model already had the girl and was proposing. The background looked lovely (gotta love that beach!) and I thought the lighting was good for an outdoor shot at night time. Good stuff! :)

435q
Creativity 5/5
Overall Picture 9/10
Total 23/25

Beautiful picture. Your idea was really creative and you presented it well. I liked the angle that you took the picture from too. Great job!

Maddie's scores -

Ninjahawkz
Related to song: 7/10
Creativity: 3/5
Overall: 10/10
Total: 20/25
Comments: your model is great, the outfit and pose really work. The picture is very well done. The touches of colour add interest to an otherwise averagely creative picture, but again
I love it as a whole.

Castiel500
Related to song: 7/10
Creativity: 3/5
Overall: 7/10
Total: 17/25
Comments: basing the related to song on the lyrics you provided, rather than the song as a whole, you did well. I like the set you made, your sims are cute, the colours are pretty. It's just not amazing, sorry :/

Frugalmay
Related to song: 10/10
Creativity: 4/5
Overall: 9/10
Total: 23/25
Comments: fantastic. Only suggestions would be for it not to be quite so close to the video and slightly -and only slightly- more vibrant colours. *big thumbs up*

Rosebud
Related to song: 9/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Total: 20.5/25
Comments: I love it! The creeping thing is brilliant. It's far too dark though, even if that was the effect you were going for, I can't see much. A little more emphasis on your model next time but I really like :D

Mystiqueblue
Related to song: 8/10
Creativity: 2.5/5
Overall: 8/10
Total: 18.5/25
Comments: again I'll base this on the lyrics you chose rather than the song cause I'm feeling kind. It's cute, your model is lovely and the setting is great. It's a little dark, and not very creative but the lyrics aren't distracting and there aren't any faults (like empty space) so it's good.

435q
Related to song: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Total: 21/25
Comments: yay, as far as I can remember, huge improvement. I like your interpretation, and although I have some issues with your story, it's creative. The setting is beautiful, is it a default lot? I didn't get that the stick was a grave till I read it but it was nice and dramatic. Less hazy colours next time please :) (oh and she looks lovely)

Scores For This Assignment

1st. FrugalMay with 48/50
2nd. 435q with 44/50
3rd. Rosebud14 with 41.5/50
4th. mystiqueblue with 40.5/50
5th. NiNjahawkz with 40/50
6th. Castiel500 with 38/40

Congratulations FrugalMay, you won this assignment :)

Since this is a non-elimination competition, here are the current totals over all. Remember, it could all change!

Current Totals

FrugalMay with 117.5/125
NiNjahawkz with 105.5/125
Rosebud14 with 102.5/125
mystiqueblue with 102.5/125
435q with 95/125
Castiel500 with 95/125

The next assignment will follow in the post below!
✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited October 2010
    Assignment 3 - The Queens of Pop.

This is the assignment where you chose the songs! It's between Madonna and Lady Gaga - the long time Queen of Pop vs. the newcomer!

Rules & Information:

* You only need to post one picture. You can choose to either represent the whole song in the picture or you can choose to represent just specific lyrics from that song. If you choose to just to represent a certain lyrics, please post which lyrics they are underneath the picture so the judges can see what your inspiration was.

* You must use the same model throughout the competition. Genetics cant be changed, but hair colour and style can. You can add as many other sims into the picture but your model must be in the picture somewhere.

* Cheats can be used. I'd recommend using hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] to hide the plumbob/thought bubbles/speech bubbles from your picture. Moveobjects on/off to move your sim around. unlockOutfits [on/off] to unlock all outfits for more choice of clothes and Motherlode to buy things to decorate your background.

* Editing is not required, you are welcome to edit your picture if you want to but to make it fair for everyone, it won't be judged.

* There are no eliminations in this competition. The scores from each assignment will be carried over to the next assignment. There will be 10 assignments altogether, each assignment has a maximum score of 75 points (25 points from each judge). The winner of the competition is the person who is closest to 750 points at the end of the 10th assignment.

*Please don't drop out! I can hand out extensions if you need more time. I understand school is starting soon and that people may have work and family commitments too, so I can be flexible with the time limit if it's needed.

Scoring:

Relation to the song (does the picture relate to the song? and more specifically does it relate to the lyrics?) 0/10
    Creativity (how creative was the picture?) 0/5
    Overall Picture (how does the background look? does it fit in with the song? is it edited well? if it's not edited are the speech bubbles, plumbbobs etc hidden?) 0/10
    Total 0/25

Due Date:
    The due date for entries to be finished by is Tuesday 5th October. If you need an extension, just let me know :) Please don't drop out. If you need extra time, I will sort it out.

Judges -
    tiger_lily5
    Maddie2412

Models & Songs List:
    Speechless by Lady Gaga - FrugalMay :thumbup:
    Bad Romance by Lady Gaga - Rosebud14 :thumbup:
    Love Game by Lady Gaga - Castiel500 :thumbup:
    Everybody by Madonna - mystiqueblue :thumbup:
    Frozen by Madonna - NiNjahawkz :thumbup:
    Papa Dont Preach by Madonna - 435q :thumbup:

Codes -
    Seen it - 8)
    Handed in - :thumbup:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited September 2010
    seen it
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited September 2010
    seen it :)
  • Options
    RykaRyka Posts: 7,227 Member
    edited September 2010
    Am i desqualified?hmmm....srry for not getting my entry in....... :(:'(
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I did wait for you to hand your entry in but it was due on the 18th so it ended up being really late, so I had to carry on with the next assignment. I'm sorry.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    Maddie2412Maddie2412 Posts: 502
    edited September 2010
    Wow I feel like the nasty judge, sorry guys! I must gave been in critical and honest mode when I wrote those comments. They're still true I just want to say I really liked all of the pictures!
  • Options
    FrugalMayFrugalMay Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2010
    Seen it. Yay I did well:)
  • Options
    Rosebud14Rosebud14 Posts: 130
    edited September 2010
    Seen it and working on it.
  • Options
    435q435q Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited September 2010
    2nd place! Yes! Seen it... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Updated the seen its now :mrgreen:
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ((Bump))
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Bump!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    Rosebud14Rosebud14 Posts: 130
    edited September 2010
    Bump
  • Options
    Castiel500Castiel500 Posts: 899
    edited September 2010
    Seen it.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ok :) Updated the list!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    Castiel500Castiel500 Posts: 899
    edited October 2010
    I know this is a tad fast, but I was bored.

6756cf8b28484611056fa3a8e6a3006c.jpg

Let's play a lovegame
    Play a lovegame

Hopefully you can see that this is literal, not figurative. They really are about to play a love boardgame.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That was fast! That's great, Castiel :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bump :mrgreen:
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Custard
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nice.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, it's very quiet on here this week. Where is everyone?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    xnicolerawksxxnicolerawksx Posts: 154
    edited October 2010
    Wow! I love the song choices this round.

And Castiel-- great picture!

Can't wait to see the rest of the submissions!

Good luck to all!
    x
    Nicole
  • Options
    13TaylorFan13TaylorFan Posts: 78
    edited October 2010
    what does 'bump' actually mean ???
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    what does 'bump' actually mean ???

It just bumps the thread to the top of the page so that more people see it. :)

I've heard of people getting banned for bumping things too much, so I try not to post it very often now.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage