Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wishacy Challenge: a "hands-off" way to play!!

Hello! I've run my new legacy idea by several people, and it seems to be something of interest, so I'm making it it's very own thread here on the forums! Welcome!

What is an "All My Wishes" legacy? - Well, it's a 7 generation legacy that is led by your sim's wishes.

You can read the rules here: http://buckeygirl80.blogspot.com/p/intro-and-rules.html

This thread can be a place for you to share your experiences with this challenge! Share pics, questions, suggestions, updates, etc.... I would love to see and hear what's going on in your game!

Here are the Chapters to my very own AMW legacy:
My foundress(also my simself!): Honeybee Song

GENERATION 1: Honeybee Song
GENERATION 2: Mikie Song
GENERATION 3: Symphony Song
GENERATION 4: Kenny Song
GENERATION 5: Patience Song
GENERATION 6: Juniper Velvetcake

Generation 7: Bella Velvetcake
Intro: Meet Bella!
Oh, and if you are interested in any of the Heirs or some of their Spares, you can download them from my studio. :)

Comments

• afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yay you made a thread Buckey! K I made my founder but can't decide on her traits, suggestions?

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_s6HWx8ojD40/TJgOEICwq7I/AAAAAAAAAWA/cbG3l4TOYzg/s800/Screenshot-67.jpg "width=700"[/img]
  • KittyKat6369KittyKat6369 Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow, this sounds like an awesome challenge! I might have to give this a go. Bookmarked
  • ShyneiaShyneia Posts: 705
    edited September 2010
    Sounds loosely familiar to my Randomcy. I've had a ton of fun with my crazy sims and their random whims and wishes, and I hope you'll have a blast too. Will bookmark the thread and come back and take a peek at how everyone's doing :D
  • rubyandnora97rubyandnora97 Posts: 455
    edited September 2010
    This sounds like a really great idea, good luck :P
  • steppehsteppeh Posts: 351 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I am going to try out your legacy challange buckey, wish me luck! :wink:
  • HugziesHugzies Posts: 2,956 New Member
    edited September 2010
    looks like you got plenty of takers :) when my legacy is all done I may give this a try.
  • buckeygirl80buckeygirl80 Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2010
    afkthenad wrote:
    Yay you made a thread Buckey! K I made my founder but can't decide on her traits, suggestions?

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_s6HWx8ojD40/TJgOEICwq7I/AAAAAAAAAWA/cbG3l4TOYzg/s800/Screenshot-67.jpg "width=700"[/img]

OH, she's pretty! I especially love her eyes! As for traits, I can tell you that I would highly recommend including either hopeless romantic, flirty, or friendly. It's taking my sim FOREVER to meet and make friends with people, and she doesn't have any of those traits I just mentioned.
    Kittycattylion has mentioned to me that having the hopeless romantic trait has helped her!

Good luck! Can't wait to see what happens!

KittyKat6369, rubyandnora97, steppeh, Hugzies: Welcome and thanks!

Good luck KittyKat and steppeh starting your legacies!
    Shyneia, I will have to check your legacy out!
  • altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited September 2010
    Yay a forum for wishacies. The more I think about it the more i want to do it. But sadly there is another 2 weeks until I can get to my game and Noir Nights will be needing serious attention by then! But maybe I can just make a founder ;)
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • KittycattylionKittycattylion Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited September 2010
    oh, I'll definitely be posting some stuff here!

meet Meeka Wish, my foundress for the wishacy challenge.

Screenshot-68-3.png

she's a grumpy, family-oriented, hopeless romantic/kleptomaniac with a green thumb who's interested in chess, gazing through the universe, fishing and gardening.

Screenshot-72-1.png

Screenshot-75-3.png

Screenshot-81-3.png

her other interest comes in the form of the unmistakably taken Lion Boss, whom she keeps wanting to woohoo with, but alas, nothing more.

Buckey, are we allowed to change our founder's lifetime wish through the mid-life crisis lifetime reward?
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
    edited September 2010
    Tehe Kitty I love the 3rd picture down of Meeka, she is adorable!
    edited September 2010
    Meek is sooooo cute! And good question about the LTW.
    edited September 2010
    hmm.. I've thought about it, and concluded that party animal would be a perfect trait to have when it comes to the wishacy challenge.
    throwing parties is an easy way of meeting and keeping friends.
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
    edited September 2010
    Charismatic might be good one too, then they will always want to meet new people.
    edited September 2010
    yep! definitely! Meeka's an adult now and so far, nothing.. :(
    I think the best wishacy founder would be your typical rockstar.. charismatic, party animal, virtuoso..
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
    edited September 2010
    Kitty- yes, you can use the Lifetime Rewards for anything... after all, you get those points by completing wishes! I should add that note into the rules.. hopefully I'll have a new chapter up tonight, and I'll add on some changes to the rules.

Yes, I'm saving up for the Attractive reward, it's a lot of points, but since I didn't give my foundress ANY social traits, she's been difficult!
    I could totally see the charismatic trait being handy too. If I ever make it to gen. 2 I know exactly what traits I'll be assigning her/him!
    edited September 2010
    yep! definitely! Meeka's an adult now and so far, nothing.. :(
    I think the best wishacy founder would be your typical rockstar.. charismatic, party animal, virtuoso..

Add family oriented to that and you'be got someone who love to meet people and wants to have babies. That my be the perfect mix I try for mine!
    edited September 2010
    My little Hermione Potter (Yes I was running out of names and looked at my bookshelf..it's what I do!) has the flirty trait and that helped so far since she goes up to randoms and flirts with them. So yay for that!
    edited September 2010
    Just a head's up, I added a couple of things to the rules page, mainly about broken objects, lifetime reward points, and helpful traits for a founder... just look for the red print if you wanna find the changes quick...

oh, and I put up my chapter 2...
    edited September 2010
    I'm losing my faith in Meeka's future.. T_T
    so far, every guy she fell in love with was stolen away right from under her nose because she never rolls the want to go steady in time.. wahh!
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
    edited September 2010
    I'm losing my faith in Meeka's future.. T_T
    so far, every guy she fell in love with was stolen away right from under her nose because she never rolls the want to go steady in time.. wahh!

Don't fear Kitty! Hopefully she'll roll a want for a baby then you can adopt one :)

Question Buckey...say Hermione never rolls the want for a child. BUT her LTW is to Create 3 monster aka simbots, if I get to the point where she is childless and I need an heir may I use the simbot as my heir? Just a thought! Hasn't happened yet!
    edited September 2010
    I forgot to be creative with Meeka's wishes!
    she kept rolling the want to woohoo Lo, not knowing there's another way to fulfil that particular wish..

Screenshot-88.png

AWYEAH!
    this shouldn't be cheating.. right? I mean, after all, it fulfilled her wish!
    a.k.a. Pixelpuppetry
    edited September 2010
    afkthenad- Hmmm. about the simbots.... I haven't messed around with those much. Do they show up in the family tree? If they do, then I say sure, they could be an heir!

Kitty- I was worried about the going steady social. For some reason, I don't think my sims have ever rolled a wish to go steady with someone. I almost put that in the rules, that the only social you could use without a wish was the 'go steady' social.

About the "other" woohoo... I'm thinking that should be a legit loop hole, especially since it DOES fulfill the wish for woohoo! But with some conditions. It drives me nuts that the game never has 'accidents' with regular woohoo like what happens in real life. I find that very unrealistic.

Here's what I'm thinking regarding a rule for substituting 'try for baby' for 'woohoo':
    You may substitute the 'try for baby' woohoo for regular 'woohoo' if your sim has already woo-hooed with that sim once before, and they've rolled another wish to woohoo with that sim. So, to use "Try for Baby" with a sim without a wish for it, your sim must have already had woohoo with that sim before, and roll a wish for 'woohoo' with that sim.

Does that make sense? Sound fair?
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited September 2010
    Oh, this does sound intresting and i would love to join...
    I have a story I started already but my sim I am playing (Annette Thortson) is just a teenager.... so, can I switch or continue with her legacy after she grows into a Y/A?
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
    edited September 2010
    Oh, this does sound intresting and i would love to join...
    I have a story I started already but my sim I am playing (Annette Thortson) is just a teenager.... so, can I switch or continue with her legacy after she grows into a Y/A?

Hi Ivory! I say you can totally play her with this legacy when she hits YA... you know.... if you really want to, You could be my guinea pig, and start this challenge with a teen. I was thinking of including teens as an option to start your founder and future heir/heiresses, but decided to go with YA instead. I'm still playing around with the rules. I'd eventually like to set up a 'normal' version of this challenge, and a 'challenging' version as well... maybe being teen would either make it easier or harder to complete....
    I'd love to hear of your adventure no matter what you choose! :)
    edited September 2010
    Well I have come up with a great opening bit to my Wishacy. My founder will be called Desrae (from desire) Jones (cause you can totally jones for something ;-)).

The amendment to the Woohoo/Try for a baby option makes sense.

A couple of thought (bearing in mind I haven't been able to start playing yet). When (if) they get married do we try to fulfil all spouses wishes too?

If the husband rolls a wish for a baby do you have to wait for the wife to roll it too (since she is doing all the child carrying and taking time off work)?