Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your Sims's Sign? (Zodiac Feature)

Since it's been confirmed that we will end up having a Zodiac sign feature in CAS, I can't help but wonder if one of the new Romantic social action is asking "What's your sign?"

Then I thought, how would Sim players who like to construct stories use these signs to their advantage and disadvantages?

Are you going to create a pair of twins that also happen to be Gemini?

A Hot-Headed Aeries?

A Libra who works at the Police Department?

You get the idea. :)

Comments

• Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I'll make my simself who's a Sagittarius :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to make many Libras :mrgreen:

Why, you ask?
    I myself am a Libra, and we happen to be one of the flirtiest (and someone airheaded :oops: ) sign of the zodiac, with the ruling planet, the planet of love AKA Venus.

I love me some astrology.
    Anyway, I know they have no affect on sims but I will match their traits specially to their signs myself as I'm pretty into this stuff and consider it a small side-hobby. And since this EP is all about hooking up, I will be making plenty of Libras, Scorpios, and Aries. I have a thing for Aries :lol:
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2010
    I thought Aries were the polar opposite of Libras. Those are the signs my sister and I share, and we HATE each other's personality quirks.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    Leo's and Libra's tend to hit it off well.
    so I'll be making a couple with those signs. Myself is a libra.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm a pieces.
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Libra and my Chinese zodiac animal is a horse xDD
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2010
    Zodiacs are only genetic in this ep. They don't cause attraction unfortuanly.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited September 2010
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I thought Aries were the polar opposite of Libras. Those are the signs my sister and I share, and we HATE each other's personality quirks.

They are. But at least in my case, romantically I hit it off great with Aries because of it. Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of war, power and masculinity, whereas my ruling planet is Venus, which is love, fertility and beauty. And usually Aries guys are very protective of me :mrgreen: I am getting way off topic, apologies.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Zodiacs are only genetic in this ep. They don't cause attraction unfortuanly.
    Well, that solves the question that was burning in the back of my head.

I guess if the parents are both the same sign, then the child will be that sign as well. If not, then the coding defaults to the skin-tone code where it's 50-50 as to what the child gets?
  • Options
    bobthepinkmonkeybobthepinkmonkey Posts: 123 New Member
    edited September 2010
    ZeekSlider wrote:

They are. But at least in my case, romantically I hit it off great with Aries because of it. Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of war, power and masculinity, whereas my ruling planet is Venus, which is love, fertility and beauty. And usually Aries guys are very protective of me :mrgreen: I am getting way off topic, apologies.

coincidently i happen to be Aries :wink: i'll need to recreate my simself after this one
  • Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited September 2010
    they need with this feature, inertraction should ne added i think. BTW, im a Aquarius lol, i think that is how u spell it :s
  • Options
    gemnichgemnich Posts: 196
    edited September 2010
    Me being a virgo means that with the new traits if i recreate my simself it would be an incredibly shy sim. So i may have a few virgos in the town.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2010
    LizNuique wrote:
    haha my zodiac animal is a Goat
  • Options
    WhoozySimmy45WhoozySimmy45 Posts: 312 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I love astrology and the zodiac! :D
    I'm a gemini, which I'm personally very happy about.
    I don't know a whole lot about some other signs, but I love gemini's and libra's so I'll definitely have quite a few of them running around... ;) Coincidentally they make great couples. Too bad it doesn't impact romance in the game!
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to make many Libras :mrgreen:

Why, you ask?
    I myself am a Libra, and we happen to be one of the flirtiest (and someone airheaded :oops: ) sign of the zodiac, with the ruling planet, the planet of love AKA Venus.

I love me some astrology.
    Anyway, I know they have no affect on sims but I will match their traits specially to their signs myself as I'm pretty into this stuff and consider it a small side-hobby. And since this EP is all about hooking up, I will be making plenty of Libras, Scorpios, and Aries. I have a thing for Aries :lol:

Haha I guess that's why we get along so well. I am an Aquarius and my zodiac matches are Geminis and Libras.

I met an Aries before and I was gaga about him. Conversations were easy and laid back. I remember talking to my Aries friend for hours on the phone. He was a catch for a time lol
    anyways....

I will be making my typical matches because I do find that Gemini's and I get along extremely well. They have the best humor that makes me laugh til my stomach hurts.
    My husband is a Taurus but is on the cusp of gemini and he really makes me laugh.
    But when he is acting like a taurus, boy do we butt heads lol.

I am a true Aquarius and to tell a little about me is impossible. So here is a link for anyone curious or for any other Aquariuses.
    http://www.astrology-online.com/aquarius.htm
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Ima make tons of Pisces, as that is what I am. ^-^

I read that we are generous, sensitive, affectionate, altruistic, diligent, helpful, tolerant but also negligent, sentimental, depressed, fanatical, desperate and contradictory.

Hmm...
    o.o
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Virgo. I doubt I'd make sims with all the same star sign as myself. Probably I'd just randomise it. I can remember a Garfield mug I once had summing up my personality:

'Simply stated, a picky worry wart'

It had a fuller part but I don't remember it.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I love astrology and the zodiac! :D
    I'm a gemini, which I'm personally very happy about.
    I don't know a whole lot about some other signs, but I love gemini's and libra's so I'll definitely have quite a few of them running around... ;) Coincidentally they make great couples. Too bad it doesn't impact romance in the game!
    It could in the a sutble way. And if it doesn't, you know a mod will be made so that it will.
  • Options
    ArisSims3ArisSims3 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Iam Libra:)
  • Options
    xyobxyob Posts: 588 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Cancerian.
  • Options
    Mc4397Mc4397 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited September 2010
    100% Lovely die hard pisces :) I love my sign!!! If i already made my simself will i be able to pick her sign?
    But i'm going to make a lot of Capricorns, Taurus, Cancers, Gemini, heck i might make all of them, except Leo ...ive hardly ever gotten along with Leos:( oh well might make one for fun and then KILL IT :twisted: JK lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mc4397 wrote:
    100% Lovely die hard pisces :) I love my sign!!! If i already made my simself will i be able to pick her sign?
    If you have Late Night, yeah. It's one of the new features in CAS they are adding.

Don't know if they will end up adding it to non-EP buyers via a patch like they did recently with the Vehicle Lover trait and the Car Friendship feature.
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm a Taurus my 1st born is a Pisces my youngest and my husband are both Cancer though my hubby can sometimes be more like a Leo with his hotheadedness. lol
  • Options
    spartan012spartan012 Posts: 253
    edited September 2010
    Karenn wrote:
    LizNuique wrote:

Nice! Mine is a chicken, kinda wished it were a snake...XD.
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited September 2010
    spartan012 wrote:
    Karenn wrote:
    LizNuique wrote:

Nice! Mine is a chicken, kinda wished it were a snake...XD.
    My chinese one is Tiger. 8)