March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Terrain Textures for CAW - Extracted from Ts2!

Hello! Have you ever wanted to use the terrain textures from Sims 2? Well I have got them out of the game, and ready to be placed into your sourcetextures! This will be perfect for Creators who are re-making Sims 2 worlds! :D

The only one I cannot seem to find is Strangetown Desert terrain. The game don't seem to have it. (From what it seems!) I also removed 5 terrains - This is because they are exactly the same as the Sandy Grass... just apparently with different colour flowers on them? Luckily, no neighbourhood in Ts2 used them. :) For the default grass terrain. It is under the name "MrCrumplebottom1_Sandy Grass". This is the name given in game.

Enjoy!

Here is a picture of what they look like in CAW.
Terrain-1.jpg"width=600"

Download link up in a second.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lnegpjoqsfgn5c6 - That should work?

Comments

• Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank you for these. I never really liked the basic grass back then but CAW just seems to make it work ^^.
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited September 2010
    I was persuaded to upload them by Wyndhane! :P I was only going to use these for a personal world! :lol:

Glad you like them, download link up! :D
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited September 2010
    so she persuaded you before i had a chance too! i must check these out

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I've just lost my entire texture collection, so these are great at helping me rebuild, off to download, many thanks again :mrgreen:
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2010
    Great Mr. C! :mrgreen:

I'm linking in the Terrain Textures Links thread.

It's been so long since I played TS2, I can't really remember any of the textures. I bet these will jog my memory. :D
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited September 2010
    When I had it in CAW, I was so shocked at how it looks like the game. I was :shocking: :P Some look really nice, like the Mixed Rock. :)
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you :D