Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♫ Music & Modelling Competition ♫ First assignment has been posted :)

Hello and welcome to Music & Modelling, the competition that combines, yep you guessed it...music and modelling! :mrgreen:

This is a competition for all the music lovers out there. The assignments will feature a different theme in each one, from a specific genre (eg. rock) to certain artists to general themes like movie songs etc. The idea of the competition is that you will be given a song from the theme which you can then interpret in your own way using your model. You can choose any lyric from the song you are given to use as inspiration for your picture. It's all about creativity! :)

rules.jpg

- Models need to be Young Adult
- Models can be female or male
- CC is allowed but not required
- Editing is allowed but not required and to make it fair for everyone, it won't be judged.
- You will need to use the same model throughout the competition. Once it has started, you cant change models.
- Genetics cannot be changed once you've made your model but hair colour and style can.
- Be as creative as you want and dress your sim in any style that you like!
- I don't think I need to say this because everyone is really nice on here but please be respectful to the music artists that are chosen, even if you don't personally like the music. I may even pick songs that I don't like myself if I think they would make a good picture. :)

assignments.jpg

Each assignment will have a deadline of 7 days, possibly 10 days if people get really busy. I understand how hectic life can get sometimes and how simmers have other commitments too, so I can be flexible with the time limit if needed. Extensions can be given out if anyone needs them, please just ask for one as soon as you think you'll need one and I'll sort something out. :)

eliminations.jpg

There won't be any! This is a competiton with a little difference for a couple of reasons. One is that there are so many good songs out there to choose from, it would be a shame for some assignments to only have a few choices left. Plus, I'd like to see what everyone can come up with for their songs. You will still get scores for each assignment but they will be added up and carried over to the next assignment. The winner of the competition will be the person with the highest scores over all at the end of the competition. (I don't know yet how many assignments there will be, it depends on how many people sign up but all of that will be explained in the first assignment). :)

judgedfor.jpg

Relation to the song (does the picture relate to the song? and more specifically does it relate to the lyrics?) 0/10
Creativity (how creative was the picture?) 0/5
Overall Picture (how does the background look? does it fit in with the song? is it edited well? if it's not edited are the speech bubbles, plumbbobs etc hidden?) 0/10

Total 0/25

signup.jpg

Models Sign Up Form:
Your name/nickname:
Your models name:
A short bio of your model:
A head shot of your model:
A body shot of your model:

Judges:
1. tiger_lily5
2. Maddie2412
3. crg1999

Models:
1. Hanelyn Alvarez by Jenni
2. Evie Toulouse by fairygirlaislin
3. Paris Duport by xnicolerawksx
4. *reserved* for MissLumpies
5. Troy Goshingham by mystiqueblue
6. Fallon Sims by 435q
7. Wyatt Winchester by Castiel500
8. Samantha by Ryka
9. *reserved* for Gjade
10. Cassandra Aseadraic by Rosebud14
11. Azmarellda by NiNjahawkz
12. Isabelle DuPont by LilyBox
13. Tiffany Adams by Pixie30
14. *reserved* for jacskel689
15. Pea Pine by FrugalMay

Please join! I've put a lot of thought into this and I think it'll be good fun! And if you have any questions, just ask. :)
✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• Maddie2412Maddie2412 Posts: 502
    edited August 2010

Your name/nickname: Mhairi OR Maddie, you choose.
    Do you have any experience? Not in judging sims, but in music, and how it would look in a picture, absolutely.
    Are your comments fair? I think so, and I don't know anyone enough to be even slightly biased.
    How can I contact you? If you give me your email I'll contact you.
  • Maddie2412Maddie2412 Posts: 502
    edited August 2010
    P.s. I think this is a great idea for a competition :)
  • JenniJenni Posts: 366 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow, this sounds amazing !
    I'm making a sim right now !
    Can you reserve a spot? :oops:
  • iammypersonaiammypersona Posts: 1,968 New Member
    edited August 2010
    This sounds very similar to Skip's competition. It's just changed from writing to modeling. :hunf:
  • tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited August 2010
    Maddie2412 wrote:

Your name/nickname: Mhairi OR Maddie, you choose.
    Do you have any experience? Not in judging sims, but in music, and how it would look in a picture, absolutely.
    Are your comments fair? I think so, and I don't know anyone enough to be even slightly biased.
    How can I contact you? If you give me your email I'll contact you.

Hi! Sure, you can be the other judge. :)

Would you be able to post your email on here? I can email you straightaway and then you can delete it from here if want to!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010
    This sounds very similar to Skip's competition. It's just changed from writing to modeling. :hunf:
    I think you mean writing, to modeling . ^_^
    edited August 2010
    Jenni wrote:
    Wow, this sounds amazing !
    I'm making a sim right now !
    Can you reserve a spot? :oops:

Yes, I'll reserve you a place! :) I forgot to mention that I'd reserve places lol. I'll update it now!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • fairygirlaislinfairygirlaislin Posts: 731 New Member
    edited August 2010
    :shock: I am in love with this competition and it hasn't even started yet! Please reserve me a spot, I'm getting a model now! :mrgreen:

~Ais
    edited August 2010

Which competition? I got the idea from watching tv, there's a couple of things that influenced me. One's a tv show and the other is a movie.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010

Which competition? I got the idea from watching tv, there's a couple of things that influenced me. One's a tv show and the other is a movie.
    Here's the forum:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/246921.page
    edited August 2010
    :shock: I am in love with this competition and it hasn't even started yet! Please reserve me a spot, I'm getting a model now! :mrgreen:

~Ais

Sure! I'll reserve you a place now :mrgreen:
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • MissLumpiesMissLumpies Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like fun. I might join
  • crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Tiger lily, how many judges are you taking :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:
    edited August 2010
    Jenni wrote:

Here's the forum:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/246921.page

Thanks for the link! I'm sorry if you think it's too similar iammypersona but I hadn't seen it before.

I got my main idea from the TV show 'Glee' with how they take songs and make them into their own and the movie 'This is It' because I thought Earth Song would make a really great picture! I was going to just do a lyric assignment in my other modelling competition but instead I turned it into this.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010
    crg1999 wrote:
    Tiger lily, how many judges are you taking :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

I could take one more. :) Do you want to be a judge?
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010
    Yes! I'll be right back!
    edited August 2010
    Sounds like fun. I might join

Yay! I can reserve a place for you if you want, just let me know! :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010
    I'm good :mrgreen: :XD:

Your name/nickname: crg1999 (My nickname is crgee)
    Do you have any experience? I am hosting three and I am judging two (Besides this one).
    Are your comments fair? Yes. I try to not be too hard on criticism and more on good comments :mrgreen:
    How can I contact you? You have my email :XD:
    edited August 2010
    Your name/nickname: Jenni
    Your models name: Hanelyn Alvarez
    A short bio of your model: She always loved music, and she even talks in lyrics ! She also loves to model, so her two favorite things in the world has combined to one !
    A head shot of your model: ih5i4i.jpg
    A body shot of your model: 2rpsp5j.jpg
    edited August 2010
    crg1999 wrote:
    I'm good :mrgreen: :XD:

Your name/nickname: crg1999 (My nickname is crgee)
    Do you have any experience? I am hosting three and I am judging two (Besides this one).
    Are your comments fair? Yes. I try to not be too hard on criticism and more on good comments :mrgreen:
    How can I contact you? You have my email :XD:

Ok! You can be a judge too! :mrgreen:

So all the judges places are taken! We just need some more models now!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2010
    Jenni, your model is so pretty!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I really love your comps because they seem so fun!! :) I'm thinking of joining this one :p

Wait, you're only needing one picture per entry right?
    edited August 2010
    I really love your comps because they seem so fun!! :) I'm thinking of joining this one :p

Wait, you're only needing one picture per entry right?

Thank you!! I hope you join! :)

Yes, you only need one picture for each assignment.
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • fairygirlaislinfairygirlaislin Posts: 731 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Your name/nickname: Aislin, or Ais, either suits me :)
    Your models name: Evie Toulouse
    A short bio of your model: Some say Evie is a pixie in disguise, others say she's Tinkerbell's sister. Others say she looks like Carrie Mulligan. I say she's just a little beaut. And she nagged me to let her enter this competition.. that virtuoso trait is shining through!

A head shot of your model:

head.png

A body shot of your model:

day.png

~Ais