Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub

Comments

• PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited May 2011
    This looks pretty good, I liked the burnt down houses I thought that was actually kind of funny to add, but it really does make it a more realistic town or city. You seem to have a real eye for details with your world, and seem to have a real grasp on the CAW tool.

Oh and I did enjoy the sarcasm, it made it a real joy to read.

It looks really nice, considering my world is kind of in the slumps right now, mainly just frustrated with it.

I'm downloading it now and maybe I'll get to try it out later this week if all goes well.

• QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thank you, Papasmurf1, I am glad you enjoy my usage of burnt housing. It took me a really long time to make this world, and even after I checked it over 6000 times, it still has a couple of glitches here in there, but then again, so do some of the EA worlds. I wish you good luck on your own world.

Unfortunately, something always has to go wrong when uploading worlds. The bridge across the gorge is glitched because it is actually multiple bridges stacked upon another, so the Sims in the game conveniently choose to go across the bridge under the bridge that they are supposed to go over. I will need to fix that and re-upload the world again. Meanwhile, if you don't care, such a problem will not cause your computer to explode or anything if you already downloaded the world, it will just look really stupid when your Sims decide to drive over the gorge.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    Here's what I mean by the Gorge Glitch:
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    Of course, the problems do not stop here, there are also a number of out of place objects. I am editing the world again. You will still be able to download it, but it's of crap quality. Sorry about that.
  • Jackque17Jackque17 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Yay! I really really like your world! I've just downloaded and looked aroud, but haven't played yet. I love the style of the island and the buildings, and there is so much attention to detail, which is so wonderful. I will watch out for the bridge glitch, though. I don't know when you plan to re-upload, but I will check it out in the meantime (I donwloaded before I read this thread.) Anyways, wonderful job!
    edited May 2011
    I uploaded the world after editing out the glitches. Here is a list of items that I fixed: gorge bridge glitch, plateau stone bridge connection, accessibility in foreclosed beach house and gnome mines (tombs), vampires will start out inside so they do not burn, "high rise" buildings now have wall mailboxes and the telephone booths are now used for actual telephones instead of concealing stupid looking one-family mailboxes for an apartment building.
    WORLD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4123705

@Jackque17: I am very glad you like my island. If you are interested, I uploaded the fixed version of Grey Meadow.

I actually wanted to delete the glitched version to prevent people from downloading it before, but the delete button was missing for some unknown reason, but it is no big deal if you already downloaded it, you just may bump into some minor bugs. I will probably start on another world soon, but it will most likely be a lot smaller.
  • wineland88Pwineland88P Posts: 599 Member
    edited May 2011
    I love this world! I love that it has a intersting storyline!
  • YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2011
    I love this world! I love that it has a intersting storyline!

Yes, it's interesting. Lots of visual drama going on.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2011
    I remember way back when you first started working on this. Im so glad to see it finished. Your lots are stunning! I wont be home for a few days, but im downloading it as soon as I get a chance!
    edited May 2011
    @ Wineland88P & Yorkchop: I am glad that you two like the story behind it; I worked hard to incorporate it in with the scenery and population. Hopefully I will be able to think of an interesting back story for the next world I work on.

@ happyjme: I am happy I didn't completely lose everyone for the original audience; the world has changed a whole lot since then. Glad to see that you like the lots I built. Enjoy the world!
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited May 2011
    This world is so awesome! Lots of glitches...but awesome scenery, interesting characters, and entertaining gameplay.

You should try it!

:D
    edited May 2011
    Going back to the gorge glitch, when building a world, DO NOT PUT OVERPASSES IN. Your Sims will treat it like an intersection and fall 600 feet to make a left turn.
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Either that or Patrick Grimebell has had enough of life.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited May 2011
    The good news is...it's an awesome shortcut to the graveyard!

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited May 2011
    pretty island!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2011
    I've been playing the Steven's family for a few hours now and I havnt come across anything substantially wrong. I can deal with the overpass issue, In fact, it's kinda funny in a way! In one sim day I had my sim visit the ACHP Historical Museum, the Forclosed Beach House, and Club Du Jacques. Pluse I scrolled the camara around a bit to experience the beauty. The world itself is breathtaking. It's on par with any EA created world but your building and landscaping skills are much better. Your houses are so creative. I look forward to any updates or additional lots or families that you may make to add to it. Your storyline and descriptions are also very entertaining as well! :)
  • JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited May 2011
    have2admit wrote:
    The good news is...it's an awesome shortcut to the graveyard!

Haha

And OP, Great job on this world, and like others have said, your sense of humor is amusing...
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited May 2011
    Quailhogs wrote:
    Going back to the gorge glitch, when building a world, DO NOT PUT OVERPASSES IN. Your Sims will treat it like an intersection and fall 600 feet to make a left turn.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/YeOleGuy/Screenshot-44.jpg
    Either that or Patrick Grimebell has had enough of life.

This happened to me with the Bridgeport bridge, doesnt matter about the overpass. It was all due to the fact I didnt connect the roads up properly. :)

It was the bridgeport bridge for me, I then also added an underpass. :)
  • usmcgrimusmcgrim Posts: 19
    edited May 2011
    Ah, yay! I remember this one. I've been periodically checking back on it to see if it ever got completed. And now it has. I will download as soon as I re-install all of my games!
    edited May 2011
    Ah, glad to see I've gotten more responses.

@have2admit: Haha, well the graveyard is probably the nicest lot in the whole town, so that should give some incentive to do something that stupid. Thank you for the sales pitch by the way from before (not sarcasm, despite how half of the things I say are).

@maria_loves_alex: Thank you. I'm glad you think it looks good.

@Happyjme: Such kind words, thank you for that. I spent the most time on those two factors, they being the facade of the buildings and the scenery. I'm happy to see you are using the families too, for my original thought before adding them was that people would probably just ignore them or get rid of them.

@Jasumi: I am happy that you like the world and enjoy the commentary as well

@MrCrumplebottom1: That could do it, but I still do not get why they would treat anything other than an intersection piece like an intersection. Well, I guess I can avoid such problems all together by using the bridges for their original purpose.

@Usmcgrim: Yeah, sorry about the giant gap in updates. I actually have been working on the world for most of the time I have been gone, excluding during the majority of the fall. I hope you enjoy it when you download it.
  • jeffisdeafjeffisdeaf Posts: 81
    edited May 2011
    WOW! That world is really awesome! Im glad you put in nature, which for me means bugs, rocks, and fish spawns! Im gonna dowlnoad it right now, I was reading through this and you seem to know what your doing, and very impressive. I am definitely going to check out all of your creations :)
  • wellherewearewellhereweare Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    Hey, just figured I'd speak up. Best world I've ever played. It's a populated grunge world with an interesting layout, unique buildings and great interior design. It has the potential, if one places the right buildings to be a not-so-bad old-style type town. Of course, on the other hand, it also has the potential to be downright terrible. Also, you're hilarious. On a certain building's comment, I laughed so hard I scared my cat. Guess which one.
    edited May 2011
    @Jeffisdeaf: Thank you very much. It would be a sin for me to not add spawns in my world, that would just leave out a huge portion of the important game play. I hope you enjoy the world and any other creations you choose to download. :D

@Wellhereweare: Much obliged for the review. I am glad my intentions of making the world malleable worked out well. If you found any descriptions amusing, I myself would assume it is amongst the industrial district; I had a lot of fun insulting my own buildings there (unless you were being rhetorical, which I cannot really tell online). Thanks again for the comments.
  • eliveliv Posts: 104 New Member
    edited May 2011
    It's nice. It's just that when i hear grey and industrial hub together, i think of a beautifully depressing city.

This doesn't live up to my expectations. I love sad worlds but yours feel like a regular old suburban world.

I was expecting dirt and dead grass instead of crisp green lawns. Victorian era warehouses turned lofts. dead decaying trees. etc.

I haven't downloaded or played it, so i'm basing my opinions off of the pictures.
  • himawara106himawara106 Posts: 70 Member
    edited May 2011
    I just loaded your world in-game and the words that came to my mind are: awesome, stunning, best scenery, best buildings, best and funniest stories and so on. I sure have a lot of other enthusiastic words but they would be in German, so I leave it to just the few. But I hope you get the point. :) I am totally impressed and can't wait to play it. Thank your for your hard work. You have made the game more interesting for me.
    edited May 2011
    @eliv: Despite how even the worst of places have nice areas, I know what you mean, for only a portion of my world is remotely dreary. I have looked up different terrains as well as ways to change the climate (grey skies instead of the typical sunshine); however I have found little solution on the second and found products for the first after the fact (changing the base grass to dry grass for the entire world as a solution just looked odd and I tend to shy away from user-made terrains since they often look distracting). The architecture, on the other hand, was completely intentional. It is intended to look like a city that was at one point nice and has decayed with time, the dead trees being from poor waste management and such; this is quite common amongst cities in the rust belt. I am sorry if it was not what you expected and am sorry further for bombarding you with useless information.

@himawara106: I am very happy you like the environment that I created. I tried hard to incorporate a story in the scenery and characters. From what I have heard, that makes the gameplay more interesting. I hope you enjoy the world if you get to playing it.
  • YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2011
    Everything is deliberate in this world and even though the despair might not be obvious, because the world is gorgeous, it is there in composition.

The terrain painting and sculpting is MIND BLOWING and the lots are picturesque and seemingly slightly architecturally exaggerated to fit in with the overall theme of the world. It's a bit of Lake Erie with some UK influences along with some rest belt attitude and decay. I love it ... and there's an insane asylum on the island to boot!

:twisted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top