Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub

Comments

• Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited October 2013
    I played the McGuinness family for 6 sim days the world seems to run just fine.I did find a floating tree above the road in front of Ever-Grey Gardens.It is not something I can remove through edit town mode.

I have now placed one of my sims and her houseboat down and plan to explore the dive lots.Will let you know how it goes.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks so much for the update Quail! Love the changes, only thing, I never found law enforcement or military. It could be just me but I plopped a combo building downtown where there was 30x20 blank spots and it worked. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited October 2013
    I placed my houseboat at the port on 14 Donaldson Avenue.I was able to leave it and re-dock I was also able to dock at Port Smog and Rust Harbor.I have explored all the dive lots and things seemed to go well.I caught plenty of fish,found a couple of shells but not any message bottles.

My sim cannot visit the boxcar diner.It looks like it shares a dock with a private residence so I think that may be the reason for this.I can't catch the residents at home to test this theory but as soon as I do I will let you know.there is a map tag for it in map view but when I go to edit town there is not,which is why I think the game thinks it is part of the residence.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited October 2013
    So, the diner won't work on a port lot? I guess I will have to fix that.
  • SaffiLabramSaffiLabram Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Is it just me who can't zoom in whilst in map view? I can get back if I press the map view button again or right click on my sims avatar. I am using the supernatural version.

Also is there anyway someone can let me know what families are currently supernatural species? I am playing with the McGuiness' and then discovered they were all werewolves...I'm definitely a supernatural skeptic and I would like the minimum in my game, just to keep it alive haha. I do enjoy it where it makes senses though.

Such a cool world! Not usually into dark and gloomy but the evilness of it all is somewhat endearing.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    SaffiLabram - go to the first page of this thread and he talks about each family.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SaffiLabramSaffiLabram Posts: 24 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Writin_Reg, I had already read through that but it doesn't really give me the info that I need. It's more backgrounds of specific characters and i read in the thread that some previously human families have been updated to supernatural. Looking for a bit more extensive/updated list.
  • nerogafflingnerogaffling Posts: 296 Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay, so first off I would like to say... I LOVE this world, so far all versions of it too. I started using it before I had all the expansion packs to work with (Yes, that does cause a lot of crashing), and after I got them It was like heaven.
    I use... Ummm... one of the versions... in two stories I have started. I cannot think of using a different world for any of my stories, because this one is just perfect. I have a link to your studio on my main story. Something this awesome just has to be shared, in my opinion.
    I just wanted to say thank you for such a great world.

cropped-screenshot-6.jpg
  • vickigohvickigoh Posts: 326 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have just downloaded this world and it look so unique...

The population also well indicated with a history...

Very nice..and amazing..

I am playing Grimbebell Jr household and my sim cant go to the Diner on the port...
    my sim never stamp on her foot but just after awhile the interaction just cancel off..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2013
    nerogaffling: I am thankful that you decided to go with this world for your stories. I always encourage people to share what they do with the world on this thread. If I get enough stories, I will probably include some links to them on the front page.

vickigoh: I am happy you are enjoying it so far. Somebody has already made me aware of the diner issue, and I will take care of that. I was a bit sloppy with this test version anyway, but it is technically a rough draft.
    edited October 2013
    Unfortunately, I cannot fix the problem with the floating trees. Apparently, the trees are part of the cemetery lot, but I cannot grab and delete them since they are not within the physical confinements of the lot itself. The only way I was successfully able to delete these trees was to delete the lot entirely. The shift-click delete technique works on everything except plants and trees. I also attempted radius purge, but that would not work since these plants are either floating or sinking into the ground. Any ideas?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    You could try taking it out of your world and putting it in a build world and then using the ingame world editor - click into it as if you are going ti use the lots, but click the trees instead, and try using that hand to grab the tree. In the we you need to grab the item with the hand and hold it, and use the delete on your keyboard to delete it. You can not usually use the mouse for doing both for some strange reason. But anyway if you can successfully remove it, then save it. From there I guess it would need installing into CAW how ever you install things that others give you to use in your world.

But just as there are CAW limits, sometimes it is also tricky in the world editor seeing it only works half way half the time. To date though I have not had any issues using it to delete some things like that.

Also that is all if the tree is in fact on that lot. I have seen times when things in the world creep over a lot border and appear to be on a lot when they are not. The become hard to get rid of if the trees are done in CAW and are part of a cluster. I think clustering locks them in to where they are - I am just not sure not being a CAW user like you are.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2013
    Btw maybe i know is there a laundromat in this world?? I searched thru the whole world i dont seem to find one in it...
    edited October 2013
    As far as the floating tree goes,it doesn't cause any type of routing issue that I can see and unless you are looking for it you may never run across it.The only reason I even saw it was because of the house/family I was playing and it was several sim days in before I even noticed.

edited October 2013
    Floating trees? :shock: Never saw them.
    edited October 2013
    vickigoh: Hmm, I think I actually deleted the laundromat a while ago and forgot to add a new one. I can put it back in.

Greenb70: I'm not worried about the mechanical aspect of it. Trees floating in the middle of the road just looks awful and I would like to get rid of them. I'm not a "Oh nobody will notice it" type of person.

bshag4lv: It depends on the version you used. It won't break the game, but it's not something that adds to the quality of the world.
    edited October 2013
    Quailhogs wrote:
    Greenb70: I'm not worried about the mechanical aspect of it. Trees floating in the middle of the road just looks awful and I would like to get rid of them. I'm not a "Oh nobody will notice it" type of person.

Which is why your worlds always play so well through several generations.You have such a great eye for detail I knew you would want to know it was there.The world is stunning and I look forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for that last dive lot.All the others you did were great.
    edited October 2013
    I finally fixed the floating plant problem with probably the stupidest fix imaginable. I flattened the terrain, which shifted all of the floating and sinking plants back onto the lot, and then I undid it. The same problem occurred with the other cemetery, as I built it in another version of Grey Meadow before importing it. But yeah, I should have the final version out by tonight.
    edited October 2013
    I said that I would upload it last night, but I didn't keep my word, for a change. It's up now, though.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7753406

The file size is obnoxious. Sorry.
    edited October 2013
    Oh nice have been waiting for this...hehe
    edited October 2013
    Looking forward to the finished product.
    edited October 2013
    This is the finished product.
    edited November 2013
    Got it! Now I can transplant my lil sim, Ursala Twiehaus into the finished product. I have been in love with GM for a long time now and am excited for this world. As far as the size, meh, I've seen larger. :lol:

Thank you Quailhogs, for doing this for us. :mrgreen:
    edited November 2013
    Grey Meadow does not have any resort?? I dont seem to find one in side..
    edited November 2013
    I did not make it with a resort. I do not know the mechanics of one, and I did not think it was necessary, nor appropriate here. There is a bed and breakfast located along Rosebud Strip; I don't know if you could turn that into a resort.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top