Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duo Modeling assignment 1...some spots still still open!

Some spots still open! Go here to enter!

:!: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/238111.page :!:

Welcome to Duo!

Before we give you your first assignment, let’s get acquainted with exactly what is expected of our employees. Duo models aren’t just pretty faces. They are creative masters who can take a clients idea and present it to the world. Here we give our models the freedom to change with their assignments, provided they are still recognizable as the same two models that were hired. Hair, eyes, makeup, and even weight are variables that you are welcome to alter. We know our models must adapt to their assignments.
Our rating of your work doesn’t come from whether or not you look pretty in your ad. It comes from how well you convey your ideas in photos. We don’t want you to tell us what is going on in your pictures, we want to see it. This is why you are given the freedom to do as you please. Alter the photos however you like, change backgrounds, enhance colors. Working for Duo is about expressing your creativity however you must to present the image that will wow the client. All we ask is that you don’t change who you are (no face plastering).
Each new assignment will come with an example of a similar former project. This is not meant to be a guide. It is just my way of getting to do the assignments as well. :lol: Have fun and remember this contest is about expressing yourself, and your ideas. I can’t wait to see what you come up with
!

TO: Our Duo Models,

You have been selected as the best candidates to complete the following assignment. Please read the below information carefully. Your finished presentation will be expected within six days. We look forward to viewing your finished work.

Assignment 1: “The Grip by Anne Valentine”

Anne Valentine’s new book “The Grip” is about a long dead Asylum patient Reeking havoc on his former keepers. The novel is the latest horror story from the acclaimed author. Duo has been given the job of designing the cover art for this thrilling tale. The client has asked that the following specifications be presented in the finished product.

1) Anne Valentine would like the cover to convey the dark theme contained within the books pages.
2) Anne Valentine would like the location to be somewhere within the walls of the Asylum.
3)Props and wardrobe have been left up to you.

Anne last worked with Duo on her book “Temptress.”

4834161027_12171a316c_z.jpg

She can’t wait to see what you come up with this time!

Regards.
The Duo team

Due date-August 2nd

Models:

1.jewely13/Dahlia&Colton :mrgreen:
2.NiNjahawkz/Roxy&Rain :mrgreen:
3.mangakagirl/Taniqua&Charlie :mrgreen:
4.SimLuver1098/Pippa&Peter :mrgreen: Wow that was fast!
5.commeuneplume/Shannyn&Jerome :mrgreen:
6.craigs64/Lauren & Ross dropped out

seen it- :shock:
turned it in- :mrgreen:
MIA- :x

*This is a non elimination assignment. All scores will serve as your base score. *

Judges: Please bookmark this thread!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/239887.page#30127
yhCWXCP.gif

Comments

• Options
    NiNjahawkzNiNjahawkz Posts: 7,538 Member
    edited July 2010
    o_o
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2010
    You ok Ninja? :lol:
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2010
    Ive seen it and thanks for reminding - now up to see what i can think of...
  • Options
    SimLuver1098SimLuver1098 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited July 2010
    Seen it.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yeah, i just wont be able to start till tonight or this afternoon cause im goin to town lol
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's fine, You have lots of time to finish it!
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    umm what is the theme of the sims expressions supposed to be? im a bit confused lol

like do they HAVE to both be attacking each other or just a scary theme in a asylum?
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's all up to you. I'm not looking for a specific pose, I want you to create what ever it is you see in your head when you read the assignment. For instance, If the image that pops into your head is a corpse looking guy reaching out to grab a startled nurse from behind, then that's the shot I want you to capture. Everything about the photo is up to you. I want you to to create whatever it is you see. Total freedom here Ninja, run with it! :D
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ok i'll have to think of a idea lol
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ever played Silent Hill? :lol:
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yupp
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    For some reason, this assignment really reminded me of that game...haha. There are some paint, and masonry patterns that you can tint to make look like rotted walls.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yeah , i noticed that lol , one of the metal colors that are blue and red you can change the colors and they do look rusty lol , i just have to think oof what i want my sims to do cause its hard to think of a pose and how to get it done from in-game actions
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    VR goggles work wonders. Especially the action adventure. Just use move objects to take them off. Never have to wait long for a good pose that way. Haha
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    know how to use moveobjects somewhere besides your lot?
    o7yo879
    < CLICK to J0in >
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Testing cheats on, shift click on ground, buy on this lot, take off goggles. :D
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I ♥ Silent Hill. I downloaded some paint patterns that look just like blood.

Needless to say, my sims look like a dead animal exploded on them. :p
  • Options
    mystiquebluemystiqueblue Posts: 892 New Member
    edited July 2010
    wow awesome assignment! :thumbup:
  • Options
    commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited July 2010
    Omg I can't wait to get home and work on this!
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    SH is like my all time favorite game! I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with on this one! You have no idea how many 'examples' I made before posting...

SimLuver-:lol: I can't wait to see what they look like!
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    *cough* Does anyone know where I can find a blood splatter brush? Lol

Edit: Nvm, found some. I think I might have over-done it with the blood. xD
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I had to edit out some of the blood on mine. Hey don't know what editor you use, but if you take a redish or orangey colored texture like a mold or something, and lay it over your image, and make it a color burn layer, it looks just like blood splatters.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Lol, I'm done. I just added some text and now I'm saving. I shall post it momentarily.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Wow! That was fast!
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Here it is, that was fast.

2prtn5v.jpg

I just wished I hadn't mucked around with the hair. I think it looked better before I started adding to it. Oh well, this was like the best editing job I've ever done. :p