Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• marioh99marioh99 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing issues downloading from the store.

I tried to d/l the Castle-Exterior item, and nothing ever shows up in the d/l manager. It's almost as if the link is dead. Everything else I've tried to download from both the store and exchange worked flawlessly.

I've been in correspondence with EA tech support, and have tried to get them to either credit me my 700 sim points or just give me a direct FTP or HTTP link to the simpack file, but they refuse to do so.

Instead, we're stuck with this silly d/l manager that apparently is buggy.

I've been told that my issue has been "elevated" to a higher level of support.

We'll see if they fix the issue.
  • shorty_twilight96shorty_twilight96 Posts: 292
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

Platform/OS - i use a Dell Inspiron Laptop and its Windows 7.
    EPs/SPs- Base Game + Ambitions
    Items- Erm, One Hair piece, one dress, Riverview and Toddler clothes set, all from sims 3 store.
    Version - 4.0.87.006001
    Error Message - It says for me to log in to continue, I type in the correct info and it says ERROR not logged in? also my welcome tab on launcher says not connected to the internet etc.
    I use Internet Explorer 8 i think.

• KittenetteKittenette Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    What platform/Os are you using?
    win 7 64 bit

Which Ep/Sp's do you have installed?
    World Adventures

The Weba Yafoo set

What version of the game are you running?

What error messages are you seeing (if any) when trying to download store items?
    The first time I tried it said "Error downloading content, please see log for details". I tried to download it again and the items do not show up in my launcher at all.

I run Firefox on a tethered 3G data connection.
  • marioh99marioh99 Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2010
    marioh99 wrote:
    Good to see I'm not the only one experiencing issues downloading from the store.

I tried to d/l the Castle-Exterior item, and nothing ever shows up in the d/l manager. It's almost as if the link is dead. Everything else I've tried to download from both the store and exchange worked flawlessly.

I've been in correspondence with EA tech support, and have tried to get them to either credit me my 700 sim points or just give me a direct FTP or HTTP link to the simpack file, but they refuse to do so.

Instead, we're stuck with this silly d/l manager that apparently is buggy.

I've been told that my issue has been "elevated" to a higher level of support.

We'll see if they fix the issue.

If you were having problems with Castle Exterior not downloading, try it now !
    It just worked for me, so the change EA made a couple days back seemed to fix that issue.

Hopefully EA fixes all the download issues that people here are experiencing.
  • DaeldaDaelda Posts: 403 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have finally been able to download: Pump Me, Bow Toe and Aviator's Vintage. It does indeed appear that the Store is *finally* fixed!
  • laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2010
    While its nice that the coding was fixed for certain items that people couldn't download, this issue is far from fixed for those who cannot download anything. This thread was originally started for those who get the awful error message: There was an error downloading content, please see log. On every item in the store, not just a few. Those with satelite isps, such as Wild Blue and Hughes net, seem to be having continuous problems with this error, because of the way our internet connection connects. So please, EA, continue to work on this problem!
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited August 2010
    My thoughts exactly!.
  • yummynannysian1yummynannysian1 Posts: 13
    edited August 2010
    Hi Mezzarine and all, I don't know if this will help any of you ?? but after alot of problems downloading from the store and exchange and having to restart my whole game again we tried to download on a different browser from internet explorer which the sims seems to do by default. By opening my home page on google chrome and then going to the store I had no problems and haven't had any since. My hubby thinks it may be a conflict between Internet Explorer 8 and EA games patch. Hope this helps some of you. yummynannysian1
  • JengajamJengajam Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

Platform/OS: Mac OS X 10.6.4
    EPs/SPs Installed: Ambitions
    What items: Fiesta Urban Streetscape, The Ultimate Career Bundle and others.
    Game Version: 4.2.32.007001
    Error Message: There was an error Downloading Content {0}
    Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2614525/error_simshot.png

Last successful download was 7th May 2010. I have no problems with uploads.
    There also seems to be no in-game store on my game. Does the Mac version currently not have the feature?
    And I'd like to point out that I've used Safari, Firefox and Chrome to initiate the download to no avail. Sigh.
  • countrysideguy96countrysideguy96 Posts: 467
    edited August 2010
    @SimGuruHydra:

- What platform/OS are you using?

Windows 7, 64-bit.

- Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?

I currently have The sims 3 and The sims 3 World Adventures ONLY.

- What items are you trying to download?

I download Store items, I rarely download "Exchange" items. Unfortunately, they do not work.

- What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher

The Sims 3- Version 1.14.11.007017
    The Sims 3 World Adventures- Version 2.9.10.007017

- What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

"There was an error while downloading content.Please see the log for more details."

Screenshot:

logu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8228/logu.jpg

My internet Speed is 54.0 Mbps

I hope EA is aware of this problem

NOTE THAT THE OTHER CUSTOM CONTENT I DOWNLOADED WAS FROM www.thesimsresource.com
    AND ALL OF IT WORKED PERFECTLY!
  • countrysideguy96countrysideguy96 Posts: 467
    edited August 2010
    BTW, All these store problems started since i updated my Launcher to Version 1.12
  • grantk1998grantk1998 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have Hughes.net and have not been able download from store or exchange for sometime..
  • lleighindianalleighindiana Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I have wildblue...but I can download and install perfectly fine from the exchange, and have never had a problem with that. It is only the store items I'm having issues with. The last thing I was able to download and install was the fairy set. I have lots more sitting in my purchase history awaiting problem solution-including the career bundle that came with purchase of ambitions.
  • AngeliaAngelia Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

-Vista Home Premium
    -TS3,WA,AMB
    -Today's Daily Deal"4000 SimPoints"
    4923114441_cbcdcee969.jpg

When I push "Buy Now!" button,this page appears.
    4923164619_8d5a92b1d3.jpg

I would like to buy 4000 simpoints at discount price :(
    edited August 2010
    I have wildblue...but I can download and install perfectly fine from the exchange, and have never had a problem with that. It is only the store items I'm having issues with. The last thing I was able to download and install was the fairy set. I have lots more sitting in my purchase history awaiting problem solution-including the career bundle that came with purchase of ambitions.

yup me too with hughes.net....... cant download from store but can from every where else..... ya think that maybe its time to fix it??? I have done all the suggested fixes and nothing.. I am not doing another thing to try it fix it from my end.. the PROBLEM is NOT MINE to fix.... its THERES
  • utdchampsutdchamps Posts: 27
    edited August 2010
    hi i am new to this game and the store, i have dowloaded some houses from the exchange, it all downloaded fine and was in my game but when i went to place it on a lot it was blank, i have been trying to find out what i have been doing wrong but just cant work it out, i would be really greatfull if someone could help me :lol:
  • LakergurlLakergurl Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I would like to get my 4000 Simpoints from yesterday's daily deal that I paid for, over 24 hours ago.
  • MohamadkaakiMohamadkaaki Posts: 1,632
    edited August 2010
    did they fix the problem ? actually im trying to download old things .. but its not working .. i dont want to buy new things to try .. coz i dont want to lose my simpoints .. i dont have much :S
  • laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2010
    No, Mohamadkaaki, they have not fixed it! They are far too busy working on new expansion packs, stuff packs, and adding twitter and facebook to the community section, and selling fashion items, to work on this problem. Thats all I can see anyway. The 7/7 patch was almost 2 months ago, and the 5/28 patch that broke our ability to download from the store was 3 months ago. It's downright ridiculous!
    I edited for my spelling of ridiculous, but I think I may have actually meant ridicu-louse!
  • porkypineporkypine Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2010
    Perhaps it's time for a class-action law-suit so we can get our money back on store content that we can't download and install.
    edited August 2010
    porkypine wrote:
    Perhaps it's time for a class-action law-suit so we can get our money back on store content that we can't download and install.

sounds like a winner to me, at least maybe we can get our money back that we spent at the store. :thumbup:
  • AuroraDreamAuroraDream Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2010
    porkypine wrote:
    I agree.
  • Ev3nflowEv3nflow Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I would just like to say that I have installed the Sims 3 yet again and I STILL cannot download ANYTHING INCLUDING the special items I got with the Collectors edition. If you would note, I am the original poster of this thread.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition and installed it the day the game came out. Since then I have never been able to download ANYTHING.

I have been around and around with customer service regarding this and they just keep telling me the same crap to try that really has no bearing on my issue.

Either this needs to be fixed or I, too, will be pursuing legal action for a product I paid for that I am not getting the full functionality from.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi everyone,

Thanks Simmers.

EP/SP: both EPs, no SP
    Items (the abridged version) :

Full Tiki Set
    Weba Yayfoo
    Elegance Style, Emo Cut
    all Jet Sets (teen, adult, elder...
    mochi doggy lamp
    diva dress
    perfect for a princess dress
    exotic pineapple light
    serious artist's easel
    ultra lounge bath
    complete ultra lounge set
    club vaindenburger set or whatever-you-call-it
    earth day free stuff
    puzzle mirror
    explorer's loot
    ...all in all about 45 items.

Game version: 4.2.32.007001
    error message:
    Installation failed: please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again.

and picture:

2hceruh.jpg

I'm on IE8. I tried firefox, it didn't help. Everything else is updated: .NET framework, Adobe Air, EADM, DirectX...

• playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited August 2010
    Must be an awesome job trying to fix this. I really want this fixed so I can use my real life money to buy new clothes for my fake people. It's my escape. Please don't make me have to live my real life. Please...

smiley-laughing025.gif

WHOOO! That laugh made me feel so much better.