Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't log in through Sims3 Launcher

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mysjjmysjj Posts: 1 New Member
    well my sims 3 launcher says that i need to update it i have updated it several times then go into my sims selection screen as if u were about to play one of ur worlds i click login then submit everything then says this is univalible without updating to the latest update please update and i really need help can you help and plz send more info if u havehad the same problem.

thanks
    mysjj
    :p
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Bypass the Launcher. It's trying to update the game, but there is no update for the Mac. Bypassing the Launcher may be the only way to play.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    mysjj wrote: »
    well my sims 3 launcher says that i need to update it i have updated it several times then go into my sims selection screen as if u were about to play one of ur worlds i click login then submit everything then says this is univalible without updating to the latest update please update and i really need help can you help and plz send more info if u havehad the same problem.

thanks
    mysjj
    :p

What version of the game are you running? The patch number is shown in the bottom left corner of the Launcher. Have you tried installing the super patch?

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    GraveManGraveMan Posts: 1 New Member
    ok I've tried every thing that I have read on several forums and answer sites absolutely nothing works, so how do I fix it?
  • Options
    Please give us more information about your Mac so we can help you better.
  • Options
    lysak89lysak89 Posts: 7 New Member
    You DO have to be logged in to download from the store. When I download anything from the store (after logging in TWICE through the stie), it asks me to log in yet again through the launcher. I managed to download a set, but anything else i tried to download refused, and I had to log in per purchase. After the first time it just won't work. Someone somewhere said it's because EA communicates through Internet Explorer, well that's well and dandy, but I don't even have that on my computer. Someone else said you need to be logged into Origin and have the window open on your desktop to get it to work. It didn't. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and restarted my computer twice. I've cleared every cache I could think of and a couple I found on the internet as possible solutions. This has happened to me several times. The only thing that "works" is if i forget about it for a several weeks and try again. And then maybe I can get 1-3 things to download and install.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    lysak89 wrote: »
    You DO have to be logged in to download from the store. When I download anything from the store (after logging in TWICE through the stie), it asks me to log in yet again through the launcher. I managed to download a set, but anything else i tried to download refused, and I had to log in per purchase. After the first time it just won't work. Someone somewhere said it's because EA communicates through Internet Explorer, well that's well and dandy, but I don't even have that on my computer. Someone else said you need to be logged into Origin and have the window open on your desktop to get it to work. It didn't. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and restarted my computer twice. I've cleared every cache I could think of and a couple I found on the internet as possible solutions. This has happened to me several times. The only thing that "works" is if i forget about it for a several weeks and try again. And then maybe I can get 1-3 things to download and install.
    Sorry, but this is not correct.

You may not have noticed, but this is the TS3 for Mac board. Of course the Internet Explorer issue doesn't apply to players on Macs. It does for Windows players and if you have Windows then you do have Internet Explorer, it just may not be as easy to find as it used to be. It's actually not possible to remove it completely, even on Windows 10.

Origin for Mac doesn't play the same role in controlling the game that it does for Windows players. But I think this post may have landed on the wrong thread/board, hence some of the confusion.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Actually for the Mac, you should start up Sims 3 before going into the Store either to download (or re-download) any purchases. Just remember to install each item one at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top