Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't log in through Sims3 Launcher

CateMWCateMW Posts: 5 New Member
edited April 2023 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Hello,

Has anyone had any issues logging in to the launcher?

The launcher won't let me sign in, and it won't save my account name or password. I enter the information, the prompt closes, and goes back to the launcher screen. I've reset my password, and reinstalled the game and expansions. I have no issues signing in to the Sims3 site or store. The game is at the latest patch. I have no other issues with the game. I can't access any of my store content now because I can't log in.

I have emailed tech support, but haven't had any useful advice.

Thanks
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Marvin122Marvin122 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2010
    i have the same problem and emailing them sometimes doesnt help at all i guess we just have to wait for a solution from someone or another patch to patch a patch
  • ElectronicLoverElectronicLover Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2012
    did anyone ever get this fixed? cuz it's giving me a hard time.
  • Abryan20Abryan20 Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    holy cow would I love an anwser to this spent over 30$ at the store and cant install a bit of it. My launcher just wont log me in. =/ uggggghhhh i am up to date on every game sold ive been good customer since the original sims and would like a solution!!! :evil:
  • kangfamilykangfamily Posts: 55 New Member
    edited January 2012
    that happened to me for about 2 weeks....
    It's not you.... it's EA. they must doing something or trying something....
    I just had to played without logging in....
    and all the sudden it started working again...
    What I found out was after it was fixed(?) I found some new stuffs in buy/build mode when I was playing....
    Well, that's what happen to me... so, I hope it's the same case for you...
  • SeriphiaVSeriphiaV Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2012
    The issue you are having could probably have to do with Origin.

Startup Origin, and then try to login via launcher again. If that is not the problem try re-installing Origin, restarting your computer then trying once more, good luck(:

---Yes I know this is a 2-3 year old post, but I added this here for people who could be searching on google for the answer for their problems.---
  • Abryan20Abryan20 Posts: 27
    edited February 2012
    thanks guys ill try both things its sad the fourums are more helpful than ea
  • rlane31rlane31 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Go onto ea.com and reset your password from there then it should be able to let you log on via launcher and on the sims 3 website.
  • AbbieKateAbbieKate Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2012
    SeriphiaV wrote:

Startup Origin, and then try to login via launcher again. If that is not the problem try re-installing Origin, restarting your computer then trying once more, good luck(:

---Yes I know this is a 2-3 year old post, but I added this here for people who could be searching on google for the answer for their problems.---

WOW - thanks SeriphaiV - I have just spent the last 2 days chatting with EA to try to get my launcher working and have just about completely reset my whole computer :shock:- just tried logging into Origin as you suggested and it works !! Yay - cant wait for my daughter to come home from school so - she is going to be soooo pleased she can play her game again - Many thanks :D
  • karmluvkarmluv Posts: 35
    edited June 2012
    Well..after updating my launcher to the latest patch i am unable to sign in ....my password isnt incorrect i signed in on the site but the launcher wont even load the "sign in" part but i can still load the sims..help
  • RhiRhi123RhiRhi123 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited August 2012
    The launcher seems to be a problem for lots of people. If you just want to play the game and aren't worried about custom content then go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (default install path) and run TS3.exe. This runs the game without the launcher and should get you in without the need of the launcher. If this fails try right clicking your shortcut and click run as admin. If the problem still occurs and you can't play the game then try a re-install. If that also fails then it would appear to be a hardware problem I'm afraid.
  • Percy_Red_PandaPercy_Red_Panda Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    I've been having this problem for a couple of months now. Ever since I downloaded sims university and the newest update I can't get on. When the launcher shows up and I click on welcome it says that "Navigation to web page was canceled." It's unfair, I went and spent all this money on custom content from the store and because of all these problems I can't even download them! I love playing sims but this is ridiculous and it surprises me that EA ignores their customers when so many are complaining. Sooner or later someone is going to have to put their foot down.
  • MizTeckMizTeck Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't log in with the launcher aswell and when I pick a saved game it doesn't work there either. Its really annoying but the Sims 3 website works! I have to keep tabbing out and seeing if someone posted on my wall because my friend was going to reply to me by Sims 3. ARGHHH
  • WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2013
    SeriphiaV wrote:

I had no problems after the 1.55 Patch, but after I actually downloaded and installed Island Paradise from Origin, I had this issue. Your suggestion did the trick!! Thank you!!! :D
  • lVanimelVanime Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    So I can't log in and I just bought Dragon Valley...but the launcher won't let me log in...help? DX
  • xXBabyBlueEyesXxxXBabyBlueEyesXx Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Mines somewhat doing the same, mines on the latest patch too (1.67.2) and after updating it to that lastest patch all of a sudden its acting up,I restarted my computer and everything and its acting like I have no internet which I do, and when I start the game and try to log in from there it tells my incorrect password/email, yet I type the same thing to Sims3.com and it logs in. >.< I hope they fix it, I have alot of EP's and my friend has all the disks so I really hope i dont have to re-install everything :roll: :(
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited January 2014
    I also cannot currently log in to the Launcher. I haven't actually tried for about a year so I've no idea at what point it stopped working.

However you don't need to login to the Launcher to be able to play the game, nor to download Store content. I do both of these things fine without being logged in (hence why I hadn't tried it for so long - I just hadn't needed to). You can't upload to the Exchange but you should be able to download items from the Store. You should also be able to hit Play and play the game without being logged in.

If you really want to be logged in during the game, use the login screen that comes up after the introduction sequence - not the one on the Launcher.

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • raziel823raziel823 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I've been having this problem for a long time now as well. Every time I try to log into the launcher, or into the game itself after the intro, the top left corner of the log in box disappears for a second, reappears, and nothing changes otherwise. I don't care if I can't upload anything, but I need to be able to access the store and download from it.
    I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled my sims game and expansions at least three times now, so it's not the games themselves. If anyone finds a solution, this thread is still desperate for one.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited February 2014
    raziel823 wrote:
    but I need to be able to access the store and download from it.

Why can't you download from the Store on this site? Just make sure you already have the Launcher open before you hit the Download button. After you've downloaded and installed everything you want you can then load your game.
    apple-signature.png
  • CailleanJonesCailleanJones Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    is there any solution yet to the launcher problem? I too can't log in there, the login-window just keeps popping up over and over again, so I can't install dragon valley.
    edited May 2014
    The solution is you just keep trying and trying until eventually you can log in. Turn off your Mac, restart it, open and close the launcher, rinse and repeat. Seriously, it's the only way but eventually you will be able to log in.

But I'm confused @CailleanJones, why can't you open the launcher then open the Store on Safari/Firefox etc. and download from the Store page for Dragon Valley? That's how I, and many others, download everything, logged in or not.
    apple-signature.png
  • rabigrabig Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Is there some sort of update needed for it
    edited July 2014
    rabig wrote:
    Is there some sort of update needed for it

When something doesn't work yes, an update is needed to make it work. A patch has yet to be released to fix this issue and as you can see from previous posts, you can still download from the store via a web browser and after persistent trying you will, sporadically, manage to log in.
    apple-signature.png
  • slomenickslomenick Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello, hello! I feel the need to add to this thread as I know people are looking on google :) So I was having an issue where it wouldn't let me log in via my Sims 3 Launcher... (Which means you cannot upload to the site) And after working very hard on a few lots to upload, I was very frustrated.

But a solution has arrived!!

Anyone who is having no other trouble with their launcher than logging in, I have happy news! As long as Origin is open (Not running in the background... OPEN to where you can see your games) You can log in through your launcher! If it is closed or running in the background, it will not connect for some reason!

It fixed it for me!

As for everyone having the other launcher issues...
    I had those for a while, and they come and go! Try restarting the launcher or running network connection diagnostics :) Those worked for me!

I hope this helps!!

Have a beautiful day everyone, and good luck!
  • Bloodfang99Bloodfang99 Posts: 4
    edited August 2014
    I've never been able to log into the launcher or in the game. the Sims 3 site and origins work fine. but not the game. I have all the limited editions of the game and store content that I cant use :'( . everything's up to date but it doesn't help. :evil: :evil: :evil: I've called tech support and they all say change the passed word and I have muli times. I've even stripped origin, Sims, and EA programs from my comp and re-installed and it doesn't change :(:(
    edited August 2014
    I've never been able to log into the launcher or in the game. the Sims 3 site and origins work fine. but not the game. I have all the limited editions of the game and store content that I cant use :'( . everything's up to date but it doesn't help. :evil: :evil: :evil: I've called tech support and they all say change the passed word and I have muli times. I've even stripped origin, Sims, and EA programs from my comp and re-installed and it doesn't change :(:(

Why can't you use the Store content? You don't need to be logged into the Launcher to use it, as has been pointed out several times on this thread. The ONLY thing you have to be logged in for is to upload content. I'm very rarely logged into my game, if at all, and I have a ton of Store content.
    apple-signature.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top