Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No icons showing up in map view after update

13...Next

Comments

• Pdxnative83Pdxnative83 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="PrincessN89;c-7436650"]I just experienced this problem tonight, it's really frustrating.
    8) To solve the problem I did this:

1. load the active household
    2. click on edit town
    3. move the house (with the sims inside) to an empty lot then save
    4. click on return to game then click on map view to make sure the bubbles appear (and they should appear)

You can move the house back to its original place by repeating those steps.

You won't lose anything (including relationships, career levels, simoleons lol, etc) by doing this.

I hope this works for you.[/quote]

Just had this problem on my game when I had my sim travel to France.
    This fix totally worked for me, thanks Princess.
  • shidonishidoni Posts: 6 New Member
    Duplicate the save file in the main menus actually worked for me. I now have the map icons back.

Doing this means that none of your relationship,wishes, etc are not reset to square one and if you had made or added lots in world edit to your original save file on the map then those transfer too so you don’t have to recreate and replace blank lots in world edit.

This is a lot better than starting a new save file where you would have to place down new lots in the exact places you placed them from the original or having to start the family over.
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    shidoni wrote: »
    Duplicate the save file in the main menus actually worked for me. I now have the map icons back.

Doing this means that none of your relationship,wishes, etc are not reset to square one and if you had made or added lots in world edit to your original save file on the map then those transfer too so you don’t have to recreate and replace blank lots in world edit.

This is a lot better than starting a new save file where you would have to place down new lots in the exact places you placed them from the original or having to start the family over.

Thanks for the insight! That said, this thread is from 2010 and hasn't been active in almost a year so I've gone ahead and locked it. But I'm glad you got your map icon issue fixed.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top