Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The cheat "shazaam" won't work for the sims 3, why?

I tried different forms of it such as "shazzam" "shazzaam" "shazaam!" etc. but it just won't work. Is there any reason?

Comments

• BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited May 2010
    I did some searching and came up with this because I was wondering the same thing.
    matman730 wrote:
    The shazaam cheat was cut from the game after the Prima Guide went to press. It doesn't do anything. In fact, there are a lot of inaccuracies in the Prima Guide.
    matman730 wrote:
    If you want lifetime happiness points, use the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat, then ctrl-click on the lifetime rewards tab. I believe it's 500 points each time you click.
    No idea if that works, but it's worth a shot.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited May 2010
    The Prima Guide does have a lot of errors.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited May 2010
    it does work. (the testingcheats thing) but you must do the cheat on the main menu screen, before you choose your save game. that is the only way it will work
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2010
    I did some searching and came up with this because I was wondering the same thing.
    matman730 wrote:
    The shazaam cheat was cut from the game after the Prima Guide went to press. It doesn't do anything. In fact, there are a lot of inaccuracies in the Prima Guide.
    matman730 wrote:
    If you want lifetime happiness points, use the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat, then ctrl-click on the lifetime rewards tab. I believe it's 500 points each time you click.
    No idea if that works, but it's worth a shot.

I haven't been able to the lifetime points one to work. I type in the cheat and control click all over the tab but nothing happens.
    "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2010
    I was disappointed to find out the "shazaam" cheat doesn't work, too. I now use a mod on Mod the Sims that gives me more lifetime points for each fulfilled wish.
  • paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Nope thats not the way in getting it

however there is a way in getting more :mrgreen:

first right when you get to the main menu, press and hold ctrl+shift+c then a bar where you can type cheats will appear, type testingcheats enabled true.

then go to the game and hold ctrl then go to the aspiratrion area thing and whil holding ctrl, right click that little area between the number of aspiration points you have and the treasure chest. You should get 500 more aspiration points, keep on right clicking until you reach the desired amount of points.

hope this helped :mrgreen:
  • KalphisKalphis Posts: 469
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the help!
  • booo97booo97 Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    i dont get what hte aspiratoin thing is can someone tell me