March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Obtaining DDS Plug-ins and installation

Obtaining DDS Plug-ins and installation

Here is the mini DDS Plug-in download and installation tutorial for those who requested it.

Gimp:

1. Click this link to download: http://gimp-dds.googlecode.com/files/gimp-dds-win32-2.0.9.zip
2. Select “Open” (select “allow” if security window opens).
3. Copy and Paste the dds plug-in to your plug-ins folder: (“Start/My Computer/Local Disc C:/Program Files/Gimp 2.0/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins”)
That’s all your plug-in is ready to use!

Photoshop:

1. Click this link to download: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/tools/texturetools/Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.1101.1715.exe
2. Select “Run”
3. Select “Yes” if security window opens.
4. Select “Next” and check to accept license agreement and select “Next” again.
5. Select installation folder: “Start/My Computer/Local Disc C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop and click “OK”, “Next” and “Install”.
6. Click “Finish”

Jasc or Coral Paint Shop Pro:

1. Create the folder, “Plug-ins“, in “Start/My Computer/Local Disc C:/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Paint Shop Pro
(This applies for all versions of Jasc PSP and Corel PSP).
2. Click this link to download (Yes You will use the Photoshop Plug-ins): http://developer.download.nvidia.com/tools/texturetools/Photoshop_Plugins_8.23.1101.1715.exe
3. Select “Run”
4. Select “Yes” if security window opens.
5. Select “Next” and check to accept license agreement and select “Next” again.
6. Select installation folder: “Start/My Computer/Local Disc C:/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Paint Shop Pro and click “OK”, “Next” and “Install”. 7. Click “Finish”

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2010
    Nicely put together, Jack. Commonly asked question and you covered the 3 most commonly used programs.

BTW, good to see you post. Are you going to get into worlds or modding for Sims3? I know that's something I would like to see happen, :)
  • JwoodsDDJwoodsDD Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2010
    "BTW, good to see you post. Are you going to get into worlds or modding for Sims3? I know that's something I would like to see happen"

Thank you for your kind comments... Yes, In fact I have been quietly researching and creating for a little while now. I made a few Celeb Sims and a lot which I uploaded here though I have been pulling them due to the upload download issues that have plauged this site. Sim creation has always been fun for me regardless the Sims game version. Lots are something that is a must for object creators to allow the knowledge of objects in build and buy mode and their workings. I always loved building and with the Sims3 it has literally pulled me away from my object creating. I have pretty much explored every aspect of creation in the Sims 2 and this is holding true with the Sims3 as well. I have created paintings and logo clothes on a personal level as well as fulfillng my childrens request for these items. The CAW has me very intrigued and may have my full attention before object creation. My head spins with so many idea's in every aspect of creation for the game sometimes fall back on just researching for knowledge as well as inspiration.

A question for you, I don't recognize your name here but without doubt I know you as you called me "Jack"... I am going to guess your a friend from MTS? LOL my brain is getting old!
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited May 2010
    Yes, an old friend from MTS. I recolored several of your creations and posted them. The name is the same on MTS, just not all in caps. I accidentally had caps lock on here when I registered, LOL.

I still remember all too well your Katrina saga, although I would wager not as well as you and your lovely family. It was so nice when you surfaced then to say all of you were okay and kept us updated with a blog.

I see you stayed in Texas rather than returning to LA. Since I'm a native Texan I'm a little biased, so I think that was a good decision, :)

Doesn't surprise me at all to hear that CAW has you intrigued. I look forward to seeing where your creative juices take you with it.
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh, thank you Jwoods,
    As you read in the terrain thread I kind of just threw it in a file and hoped for the best!

I'm going to link this in that thread.