Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spongeling Park - Fidlerten's Park Challenge entry by MeestorMark.

Entry for Fidlerten's Park Challenge.

Spongeling Park.

SpongelingPark.png

To download lot: Spongeling Park

Forgive me for once again creating a bit of a story to go with the build. Hope you enjoy. :o)

Screenshot.jpg

Amy: Welcome to this week's episode of CRAZY PARKS!!! An exclusive production of SimGeo Network. I am your host Amy Farnsworth.

Are you ready to see some CRAZY PARKS!!!?

This week we visit a small town on the coast called Sunset Valley. It looks like a small quiet town, but don't let that fool you.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Amy: This quiet-on-the-surface town is home to none other than the Leader of the Free World, AND the current Empress of Evil. The town also has also produced a staggering number of five star chefs, world renowned rock stars, and international super spies.

Screenshot-28.jpg

Amy: It also has more astronauts, and fighter pilots per capita than any town in the world. It is from this ambitious little town that we bring you this week's CRAZY PARK!!!

Introducing, Spongeling Park.

Screenshot-41.jpg

Amy: But before I show you today's CRAZY PARK!!! in more detail, I have to show off my fierce souvenir from the very first Sims International Film Festival, recently hosted by the good people at www.simatography.webs.com. I had a blast, and this SIFF commemorative t-shirt rocks almost as much as the festival did itself.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Amy: I highly suggest you figure out any way possible to attend the next festival! Now back to this week's showcase, Spongeling Park. Let me introduce this week's guest host, Dr. Rudyard Poindexter.

Screenshot-25.jpg

Rudyard: Glad to be on your show Amy. This week's park has something truly amazing going on. Spongelings!

Amy: That is right Rudyard. Tell our viewers about them and how they came to be such a big part of this CRAZY PARK!!!

Rudyard: It all started when a third grade class in this over-achieving, little town, decided to do something about a rare and timid creature that had found its way onto the endangered species list. The spongelings habitat was destroyed in a recent volcano. The rare vegetation they ate simply did not survive the aftermath of the eruption. So the determined, little third-graders called their over-achieving parents and townsfolk into action. After much research, it was determined that the very few spongelings left could live comfortably on a diet of flowering azaleas.

Amy: That's right Rudyard and that is where our next guest comes in. Mad Scientist Ming

Spongeling-13.jpg

Rudyard: Everyone who watches golf knows azaleas only bloom in the spring, during a very important golf tournament that I would probably get in trouble for mentioning, without their written permission. But the spongelings would need a year-round fresh diet of the flowers, if they were to survive and thrive. Ming worked tirelessly experimenting on azalea bushes. His Landgraab Mark VII Sperimentin' Gun finally came through. Azalea bushes that flowered continuously.

Spongeling-20.jpg

Rudyard: Ming was pleased.

Amy: That's right. He was even so pleased, the normally obnoxious scientist actually let the park's designer and chief PR man have a go with the Sperimentin' Gun.

Spongeling-33.jpg

Amy: So that's how the park got its name. A home and haven for the re-emerging spongelings.

Rudyard: But Amy, is that enough to qualify this little park as a CRAZY PARK!!!?

Amy: Maybe it would be Rudyard. Maybe it would be. But the designer took steps to ensure it was in fact a CRAZY PARK!!! by designing these bathrooms...

Screenshot-30.jpg

Rudyard: Crazy...

Amy: Indeed. Let's have a closer look.

Screenshot-37.jpg

Rudyard: Those are some tall staircases.

Screenshot-34.jpg

Amy: The whole structure is supported by the metal beams in those staircases.

Rudyard: LOOK! you can see the top of a spongeling's head!

Amy: Relax! I am sure we will see more of them later Rudyard. And we don't want to scare them off. You are supposed to be the expert!

Rudyard: I know. You are right, I guess. Back to your crazy bathrooms if you must.

Screenshot-36.jpg

Amy: Thank you. The support beams suspend the restrooms over a small fishing pond below. The other beams that make up the almost sculpture-like structure are mirror polished steel.

Screenshot-52.jpg

Amy: But let's not forget the rest of the park as well. From the front, the park has great attraction with this wall of fountains.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Amy: There are also bougainvillia trees as well as a large willow tree.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Rudyard: And under this willow tree is one of my favorite features of the park. A grillin' area! Yeah!

Screenshot-35.jpg

Amy: Easy Rudyard. A little excitable are we?

Screenshot-43.jpg

Rudyard: But it is such a peaceful place for grillin' and picnicin'.

Amy: Uh-huh.

Rudyard: Just keep showing the viewers the rest of the park. Heh, heh. And yes, I get a little excited sometimes...

Amy: Just playin' Rudyard. Here we have a Chinese elm tree with a small henge of stones at its base.

Screenshot-31.jpg

Amy: And of course not forgetting the kiddies who saved the spongelings, in the back of the park, there is a small playground area in the sand.

Screenshot-47.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg

Amy: Apparently Rudyard needs to run to use the restrooms, or just likes climbing steps.

Screenshot-45.jpg

Amy: Now that he is at the top, he seems to be having an excitable "Rocky" type moment.

Screenshot-49.jpg

Rudyard: Hey Amy, the bathrooms are nice and clean for a public park.

Screenshot-50.jpg

Screenshot-51.jpg

Amy: Continuing around the back of the park, we see its abundance of those special azalea bushes. Apparently we also have someone watching us. Good thing Rudyard is still up in the bathrooms.

Screenshot-33.jpg

Amy: Continuing around the corner of the mound now... Look! A whole herd of them! Rudyard!

Screenshot-38.jpg

Rudyard: A curious bunch that is for sure. They must be getting used to sims being around.

Amy: There are more bushes down in the chess park-within-the-park. Maybe I will go down and see if I can get them to come any closer.

Screenshot-54.jpg

Amy: These ones sure are curious little guys.

Screenshot-53.jpg

Amy: While we are down here, I want to show the viewers at home another feature of the park. The chess gardens. Apparently, the designer thought up the idea after, "taking down Sinclair," in some big tournament. Whoever Sinclair is?

Screenshot-57.jpg

Screenshot-58.jpg

Amy: And I see our camera man is coming back to watchful eyes.

Screenshot-59.jpg

Amy: With the sunlight starting to fade, we wanted to show you another shot of the front fountains with the park's lights turned on.

Screenshot-64.jpg

Amy: Again, all the fountains' surfaces are mirror polished metal.

Rudyard: Crazy...

Amy: Yeah crazy beautiful. And now that darkness is upon us, it looks like it is time to light up the fire pit.

Rudyard: Yeah!!

Amy: Everyone. This is our camera crew. And... well... some chic from town I guess.

Screenshot-67.jpg

Amy: Rudyard is apparently trying to show her he is adventurous.

Screenshot-69.jpg

Amy: She seems only focused on warming those hands...

Screenshot-71.jpg

Amy: Nice, my marshmellows look like they are done. Well viewers it is about time to wrap this up. With the darkness and the glowing embers, Rudyard looks like he is getting ready to howl at the moon a little bit.

Screenshot-72.jpg

Amy: And my marshmellows aren't going to eat themselves. So until next time... Go visit some CRAZY PARKS!!!

Comments

• Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2010
    It's very unusual in all its spongosity! I like the chess garden and of course the adorable little sponge folk. I gave it a recommendation. I wish I could give it an additional recommendation just for the commentary! You = hilarious. Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited April 2010
    Thank you very much for your compliments Jupiter, both on the lot and the commentary. :o)
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited April 2010
    :lol:OMG, that is so funny!! I think your imagination is into sonic overdrive meestor! ohhh the park is spongetastic!!!
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2010
    Now that is one very awesome park.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey Mark, that is one cool park! I can't believe where you get the imagination and inspiration from... I mean, you made plumbob-shaped bathrooms! Love the chess area as well, the grillin' area looks great! Good thing they found out what those spongelings eat, so that they could be saved, they look very cute there in the azaleas. Very funny way to showcase it, I must add.. Good luck in the competition, already rec'd it, and it will find its way to my game later today!
  • Options
    Isabel83Isabel83 Posts: 2,350 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is great, I love the chess board! :-)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW Mark! That is very innovative and very creative! Love the restroom building! What an unusual shape! Also the chess boards with the sculptures is a very nice touch! LOVE that! Really impressive park Mark! Rushes off to recommend! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Judywork. Thank you for your comments. :o) I really like imagination sonic overdrive!!!

Tamlyn: Thank you as well. :o)

Linday: Thank you over here too. Not sure where the imagination comes from. Whatever is off, I know I don't want to fix it anyway. Lol. I was way too far into the "shiny metal" look when the thought hit me about it just being a giant plumbob. Way too much CASt time this close to the deadline to make the thing bright green. Lol.

Isabel83: Thank you very much. :o) One of my favorite parts too.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yanti: With only one building allowed, I had to go over-the-top with it. Lol. I couldn't help myself. Glad you like the chessboard. I wish sims had a way to actually move the statues around. That would rule. Thank you for the comments and the rec! :o)
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    ROFL! As soon as I saw the cover shot, I said to myself, “I don't know what it is but I like it!”. Then I realized it's plumbob shaped restrooms... Even more awesome! The whole park is absolutely gorgeous and full of whimsy, love the life sized chess set.

Mark, I am so sorry to say this...but I must confess...I always thought spongeling aka Lord Sponge looked really delicious, I mean it just looks like something I'd eat...eat1.gif like a block of yummy cheese or an oddly shaped slice of delicate sponge cake...but I promise I won't take a bite for your sake, they are obviously very valued creatures in your town.smiley-sad010.gifAnyway, heading over to rec the crazy beautiful park (hope it gets featured).<3 Really enjoyed the hilarious story btw, wish I can rec it also. *leaves lots of imaginary recs instead*
  • Options
    SpectrefiendSpectrefiend Posts: 129 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I finally got time to look and read through your entire post Mark and.. ****, that's awesome man, very unique indeed. That seriously is one crazy build lol. Don't really know what else to say but.. the whole thing is sweeet heh.

-Spec :wink:
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited April 2010
    WOW :shock: The Lord Sponge bushes made me laugh. They are like yellow alien family hiding. And I love what you did with the life size Chess Board. Pure awesomeness. Why didn't I think of that. That was very creative of you MeestorMark.

This one deserves to be featured. At The Sime 3 Twitter every Wednesday, they ask Simmers to post their links to their latest creations. I will log on to Twitter on Wednesday and will definitely share this (post the link) to them, if you don't mind :p
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited April 2010
    You have a great imagination, quite reMarkable! And a delicious sense of humour...I have a feeling this park will only come into its own when downloaded and placed so's I can play in it!

Do I see another featured build coming up???

Off to dl rec and fav!
    :D
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Well firstly I did this..

OooOOooOoo!

then

Wow!

then

ROFL!

Absolute genius Meestor! Brilliantly executed and hilariously presented! I cannot even begin to imagine how long this took! I am totally in love with the sponge beds... I want to scoop them all up! I hated those things now they look positively adorable!

The landscaping is fabulous and don't get me started on the chess board :shock: !!!

LOVE IT! :mrgreen: and as I can't rec more than one ...its a GIANT PLUMBOB SHAPED rec! ;)
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited April 2010
    Meestor!!!! :mrgreen: hahaha! I loooove it! It's beautiful and unique but the sponges!!!! Hilarious! Just awesome. this one is going in my favs... Those are too cute! Dl rec and fav from me! Really amazing work on all of it. Love the chess board and the structures. Just fantastic! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hey... does your avi double as a mad scientist? He looks funny with hair... :P

Alli, your comment made me laugh so hard, my cheeks hurt!
  • Options
    BennjoonBennjoon Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited April 2010
    This is sooo awesome I love the little spongelings peeking out of the flowerbeds its such a cute idea!.

The plumbob structure is really impressive and I love how your have used the different statues for the chess pieces. The whole thing is really creative. :) Gonna head over and give you a rec.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Allure: Thank you for all your lovely comments! I must confess, I kinda think of lemon cake when I see the Lord Sponges in the game too. Lol. So no worries. Maybe someone will be making a spongeling ranch here soon? ;o)

Spectrefiend: If you knew my vocabulary, "sweet" is a great compliment. Thank you for the compliments and for whatever word got censored too. ;o) Another great way to compliment sometimes. Lol.

SuperPogimon: I chuckle too whenever I see the sponges there in the bushes on the little hill. That would be sooooo cool of you sharing the link! Thank you for all your great compliments!

SmokyTopaz: Thank you very much for the imagination and humor compliments! It is a fun park to play in. I did have to coax sims to the back of the lot sometimes. Seems there is plenty of sim fun to be had in the front. Townies didn't always make their way back into the park. They were overwhelmed with the picnic area and fountains evidently. Lol.

Allium: So glad I could get you over the hump of hating the poor little spongelings. Lol. I had so much fun making this place and making the story as well. Well worth the time spent. And I will take GIANT PLUMBOB SHAPED recs any day. ;o) Thank you so much for all your comments.

SimEve: Thank you! I love the sponges. That is why they got park naming rights instead of the building. Lol. You give very good compliments! And a DRF for the win!! Woo!

Linday: Yes, I have been found out. Mad Scientist Ming is indeed my avi in mad scientist garb... He does look funny, and that is why I had to take that pic a while back. Worked great using it here. I wondered how many would notice the resemblance.

Bennjoon: Thank you for all the compliments. :o) I too love the little eyes peeking out of the plants. I just can't keep a straight face when I see those pictures.
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow mark..i love the design of the bathrooms,at first i thought you had figured out how to make a roller coaster.and i especially like the lifesize chessboard.that was very ingeniuos..i am so glad i didnt enter this one,so far all the parks i have seen put anything i could have imagined to shame,especially this one.Definetly rec'd.I hope to see this one get a feature also.Good luck with the challenge and hopeful feature.
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Doh! I forgot to FAV! Now that I have some free time, *runs off to download and of course fav* Lookin' forward to the in-game tour.whoo.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Darkside: Thank you for all your compliments. :o) But I doubt you would be shamed with anything you produced when it comes to landscaping. I still remember that lot you did with the old buried truck. It is pretty much one of the gold standards of landscaping in my mind. It is one of the early lots I saw that completely changed my perceptions of what is possible with this game. Thank you again for the comments and the good luck wishes my friend. Now that you mentioned it, I wonder how a roller coaster would look.... Lol.

Allure: Thank you for the fav. All happy now. wiggle.gif
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Can't comment as I'm judging, but I will give a big bump...and come back later. :D Now off to judge all of these entries...nothing like waiting until the last minute, eh? :roll:
  • Options
    AmoebiusAmoebius Posts: 2,577 New Member
    edited April 2010
    omg rofl lol ahhhhhh !!!

no structures - thats why i leaved this competition and now i see your "Park"

CHEATER !

LOL

:O

for real ! This one is just another amazing and extremly creative build (in more than one way *lol* ! i love it ! just great !

hf A.
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited April 2010
    ok, this is hilarious and the park is awesomely creative! Nice work.
    And a special thanks for the plug of course - you rock!

[img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited April 2010
    I posted this on Twitter a few minutes ago so TS3 can re-Twit this. I hope it gets more attention it deserves :D