March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Qtcore4.dll not found solution

bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Qtcore4.dll is part of EADM and should be in c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM directory (for 32 bit systems). If it's not there you need to reinstall eadm.

Download new version at - http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.welcome?resid=S2mdKgoBAkcAAB2caUcAAAAX&rests=1265212714560

OR:
http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager

Uninstall old eadm and install eadm you just downloaded.

This should not affect the playability of the game as this is only the download manager.
I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SimsFreak3774SimsFreak3774 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2010
    This happened to me when I downloaded the EADM's newest patch. The patch still dl'd but I knew something was wrong.

I followed your instructions and I'm happy to say that "It worked!"

Thanks!
  • korndolly666korndolly666 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2010
    same here, thanks very much. First thing I did before trying anything else was click the link above and it automatically fixed it once the page loaded.
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for posting that, Bob. I'll see if we can get a FAQ up regarding this.

-Big Guy-
  • Rainywill5Rainywill5 Posts: 663 Member
    edited February 2010
    erm, sorry but how do uninstall the old EADM and where can i find the new one! when i click on that link it just shows me stuff i can buy. Do i have to buy it?
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited February 2010
    uninstall EADM in the control panel - uninstall programs. There you will see all the programs windows has installed. You may see 2 EADMs, Click on EADM and click uninstall. The link in my post will download EADM installer to your computer and no other programs (just don't click on anything to buy). Find the download (it should have an icon with EADM). Click the icon to install EADM.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • JendowozJendowoz Posts: 60 New Member
    edited February 2010
    You live up to your computer whiz trait, Bob, thanks so much for this.

regards, Jen :P

edited February 2010
    i'm not being funny or anything but i don't see where it is in that link!
    edited February 2010
    never mind i googled it! all done and working now, thanks :)
  • seiladvbxseiladvbx Posts: 30 New Member
    edited February 2010
    In the begining i had the problem with the Qtcore4.dll so I unintalled my old EADM then went to where u posted and reinstalled the new one but still i can not install the new patch. It goes through the whole process of downloading then it tells me Error File Not Found.

What do i do?
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited February 2010
    seiladvbx - That error is different. file not found refers to a file in the TS3 care files. This could be something simple as a music file you deleted and a file a mod changed. All it takes is to change the date of the file and you get this error. Sometimes you can download the patch directly.

check - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/167572.page#1996083 or
    check - http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

if this doesn't work you need to save your data and uninstall and reinstall to restore unsaid file (I don't like it either but it's the only way I found that works).
  • Piaretta9PPiaretta9P Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2010
    THANK YOU!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited February 2010
    *****7 wrote:
    Qtcore4.dll is part of EADM and should be in c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM directory (for 32 bit systems). If it's not there you need to reinstall eadm.

Download new version at - http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.welcome?resid=S2mdKgoBAkcAAB2caUcAAAAX&rests=1265212714560

OR:
    http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11083&p_created=1131562565&p_sid=iFnRniUj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD00MTQsNDE0JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWRvd25sb2FkIG1hbmFnZXI*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Uninstall old eadm and install eadm you just downloaded.

This should not affect the playability of the game as this is only the download manager.

Thanks. That did it.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Of course now... the download manager thinks it's needed to install EVERYTHING! Is anyone else having trouble with the download manager taking over any time ANYTHING starts?

Is there any way to delete this pain of a program? I've never used it, anyway.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    Actually you do need the download manager to install patches, updates, CAW worlds, and new eps and sps. Also if EA makes a new world like they did Riverview, the launcher request the EADM or doesn't want to install it. It should only be active when your game needs updating anyway or when it's called upon to activate - which most of the time the launcher is doing the calling. Uncheck automatic updates on the launcher's update page - then you can decide when you want the EADM to activate.

Also when EA updates the EADM, it will then activate as well usually.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BTPatHanBTPatHan Posts: 20 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for this information.

It downloaded onto my desktop, I then installed it.

Now what do I do with that "EADM-installer" that is left on my desktop?
    Can I delete that?
  • carmyz85carmyz85 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited February 2010
    thank you
  • TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited April 2010
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • HeatherLily27HeatherLily27 Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    That's so much with the EA download thing and it updated too! It helped! :mrgreen:
  • KallysemKallysem Posts: 38 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Thanks so much. I've been trying to fix this problem for months and going through Sims withdrawl also since I haven't been able to play my game. HaHaHa!
    Much Appreciated!
  • zzfluf16zzfluf16 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I don't know what's going on. I downloaded it but it was still bothering me. Also, every ten minutes the reminder would pop up telling me that I don't have QtCore4.dll
    Can someone help?
  • deafcat24deafcat24 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you for this information. I found out on Tuesday when I went to make sure World Adventures wsa all patched up before Ambitions, and got this error while trying to patch.

To bad this wasn't posted then, would have saved me a lot of of time and aggrovation, as I assumed it was a missing file and deleted both games adn reinstalled in hope of fixing it.

Whoever put up that Cumulative Patches post really helped me install.

How would EADM go missing, because when I went to uninstall after reading solutions to it, I went to Windows Uninstall/Change Program, and while all indications it was on my computer, including on the bar and desktop, even in my EA Games folder, my computer said no file existed.

Once I installed EADM it worked fine, patching 1.12 and 2.7 without any problems.

And just a quick question. If I have to do it again, i didn't have to do my registry, which is a good thing as neither me or my tech sister are willing to go that far, is there any way to work around that?
  • kenziekkkenziekk Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Tyvm for posting how to fix the issue! I have been needing to update my game for a few weeks, but I kept getting the annoying little pop up telling me the ddl was missing.. (I was too lazy to look up how to fix it til now. Lol)

Anyway, Thanks!
  • MomAndDaughterMomAndDaughter Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! U should have the genius trait along with ur computer whiz trait!!! I've been struggling for 3 days trying to fix this!!! THANK U!!!
  • YiflYifl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you very much :)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the info.

I did as you instructed and was able to update to the latest patch, but when I tried to download something I had purchased previously at the store [but never been able to download], the launcher just cycles endlessly. Can you offer any suggestions about that?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top