Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Installation failed. You must install the associated premium content before installing this style"

So I just installed sims 3, and was perusing the exchange, looking for items to add before I start playing.

Well some download, and some give me this message, along with a red circle that is crossed out.

"Installation failed. You must install the associated premium content before installing this style"

Ok well after some searching, I thought maybe it had to do with my firewall, so I turned that off. Still no dice. Then I saw I might have to download something from the store, that goes along with it? (make sense?). Well I got 1000 simpoints free with the game, so I bought this dress, and then when I tried to download an identical dress (just a different pattern) in the exchange, it still won't let me, and gives me that same error.

So what gives? How do I fix this?
I'm using win7 if that makes a difference.

Comments

• MistyIyedMistyIyed Posts: 72 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I had the same problem- make sure you buy the original item from the "store" - I did that and still had no luck downloading. I finally got it to work by going to this site through aol- for some reason I can download any store items that way- but if I just start the launcher from the game- nothing works. Hope this helps you. Good luck !
  • WaddlerWaddler Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Still not working
  • NinstroyerNinstroyer Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having this problem as well. I bought store items and I can't download re-colors of that store item.

I keep getting the message:

"Installation failed you must install the associated premium content before installing this style."

I have the premium content installed already!!
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2010
    That custom sim item is based off an item someone downloaded and purchased from the sims store, then made a custom version of it. So, to get the custom version you must buy the base item, then you can get the custom part of the download.
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2010
    The answer to your question lies within the link below, provided by a sim guru:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22242
  • LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2010
    MistyIyed wrote:
    I had the same problem- make sure you buy the original item from the "store" - I did that and still had no luck downloading. I finally got it to work by going to this site through aol- for some reason I can download any store items that way- but if I just start the launcher from the game- nothing works. Hope this helps you. Good luck !

You are using AOL search engine?
  • NinstroyerNinstroyer Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    That custom sim item is based off an item someone downloaded and purchased from the sims store, then made a custom version of it. So, to get the custom version you must buy the base item, then you can get the custom part of the download.

I already know this. I bought and installed the premium content already! It's in my game. I'm using it. However, I cannot install re-colors of the item.
  • Vivian91Vivian91 Posts: 1 New Member
    ive been trying get the downlode for a 50 chevy though keeps saying that i need premium content though wen i looked at the item list it said the sims 3 but dosent say which one.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    It's happening to me now and I have no idea what to do!