Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help needed to access the ancient library in Egypt please

Hi, my mission says that to enter the ancient library under the sands i need to befriend the occupiers of the house. Only problem is the person who lives there is Fahad Madbouli, the food salesman in the market and never goes home, so nobody is there when i go. How do I get in?

Comments

• secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2009
    if he runs the store why not go to the store and give him a friendly introdution you can chat with them while there working .
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    He has family members, so you could go in and hang out with one of them. That's what I did.
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2009
    I just finished this mission. You don't need to "befriend" anyone. Just go to the house and ring the doorbell. When they let you in, go to the little courtyard inside the house, and you will find a floor inspection hole in the ground, it opens a hidden staircase to the basement. Just go down the stairs and start the mission :)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • NancyPantsjrNancyPantsjr Posts: 8
    edited December 2009
    Hello All,

I've never had any problem befriending anyone in the household, but I cannot find any inspection-hole! I've been wandering around aimlessly for days...please help!
  • NapalmVFRNapalmVFR Posts: 195 New Member
    edited December 2009
    As you go in the front door of the house there is an 'internal' court yard directly in front of you. In there is the inspection hole.

Nathan
  • PeachRings6PeachRings6 Posts: 45
    edited December 2009
    I can't ever find anyone at the house, it always says the lady is gone or it's too late to visit...I camped out at the house and never found someone home. I am friends with the lady too.
    edited December 2009
    Thanks, but I swear on my life there is no hole in that courtyard. Anyone else have this problem? Could it be a glitch?
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks, but I swear on my life there is no hole in that courtyard. Anyone else have this problem? Could it be a glitch?

The hole's on the floor.
    edited December 2009
    Right, that's what everyone says, but the hole is not there. I'm best friends with everyone in the house. Does it magically appear at some point, or is it always supposed to be visible?
    edited December 2009
    We're talking about the Taymur residence, right?
    edited December 2009
    Ah! I found it!!! :D

The map was totally pointing to the wrong house. out of frustration, I searched every house until I found it. Thanks!
  • hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi, my mission says that to enter the ancient library under the sands i need to befriend the occupiers of the house. Only problem is the person who lives there is Fahad Madbouli, the food salesman in the market and never goes home, so nobody is there when i go. How do I get in?

I'm having the same problem. Fahad is the food salesman and his wife (or whoever the other person is who lives at that house) is the bookstore sales person. So literally no one is ever home. I camped out for all 8 days of my trip and no one showed up once.

How am I supposed complete this task if I can't get in???? Anyone have suggestions?
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • LaserSharkLaserShark Posts: 18
    edited December 2009
    Same problem here. He's the relic merchant, she's the food merchant. I'm worried that I'm going to have to start a whole new game because of this.

EDIT: Someone told me what to do on GameFAQs: go into Edit Town mode while in Egypt and merge a spare sim/family into the household. Presto, problem solved. I was able to go inside and find the library as soon as I did this.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Kat1Kat1 Posts: 120 New Member
    edited February 2010
    On my map I don't have the Madbouli household and in the market place there isn't anyone called Fahad and I've searched all the other houses- could this be a glitch? Also my map has a pic of this women from the Moussa household and the label says the ancient library? Anyone know what i should do?
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Go find the woman from the Moussa household. The game doesn't always put the same families in the same houses, so it doesn't matter which family someone else is looking for, you need to look for the families that live in those houses in YOUR game.
  • Rengo808Rengo808 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the same problem with the residence both being merchants. They never go home and i cant get to the access hole unless some one is home....grrrr. Should I just abandon it and hope I get it again?
    edited July 2010
    Go to Edit Town and move another Sim into the house.
  • Tucker6422Tucker6422 Posts: 128 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Where do I take the book again. I have it in my inventory but it says talk to to complete this opportunity but the name is missing.....and I can't remember where to take it.
    edited August 2010
    If the person you were supposed to take the book to is gone, the adventure cannot be completed. Cancel the adventure and go look for a new one on the adventure board. You may even get the same adventure, except this time there will be somebody to give the book to.
  • rissaroo1234rissaroo1234 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Yah, I had this issue too. Couldn't visit the household. I was about ready to pull my hair out when I finnaly thought of how to get in. But I wouldnt try this unless it's as a last resort. I went to edit town and evicted everyone in the household. Then I made it a community lot and resumed game. I lost all the sims in that household, but luckaly other sims insently took over their market jobs. So yah, then I was able to get to the library, and it was all good =)
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited August 2010
    Go to Edit Town and move another Sim into the house.

If you don't want to "Edit Town" or use cheat codes (like me), you can also go back to your home "country" and wait for the original owners to die of old age (foreign nationals only age when you're on your home lot), but that requires you to also dump the quest (and try to pick it up again later) since the sim you're supposed to take the book to will also die of old age in that time.

I prefer to try to do everything "in game" even when the game acts up.
  • SIMSPuppetMasterSIMSPuppetMaster Posts: 16 New Member
    Here is the best way I found to do this without disrupting the existing household. If, like me, the ancient library is in the Madbouli house and they are both merchants that never come home. (I found the "ring doorbell" option never came up. I wouldn't have any interactions to access the house at all. So some of these responses didn't help me.) The best way I found to handle this is to use the TestingCheatsEnabled True cheat. Go to the market where the merchants are, that own the house. In my game, Fahad Madbouli was the Food Merchant and Sanaa Madbouli was the Book Merchant. Since my sim befriended Fahad, I will use him as an example starting now. Hold Shift and Click the Food Register. Click "Object...." and then "Delete It". Wait for Fahad to start walking home. To restore the Food Register, hold shift and click on the ground in the market and select "Build on this Lot". (You would think it would be "Buy on this Lot" but the item you need is in Build Mode). Once in Build Mode go to the Community Objects Icon (It looks like a store). Click on the Misc Objects Tab and you will find all the registers in there. Once you continue game play, Fahad is on his way home and greets you and lets you in his house and a new merchant has replaced him at the market.

P.S. I'm sorry I'm years late on this....I've never found a satisfying answer until now, so I hope someone out there can still benefit from this... now that I'm sure most people have moved on to Sims 4.. but I love the Create-a-Style tool too much to move on to Sims 4, myself.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Yah, I had this issue too. Couldn't visit the household. I was about ready to pull my hair out when I finnaly thought of how to get in. But I wouldnt try this unless it's as a last resort. I went to edit town and evicted everyone in the household. Then I made it a community lot and resumed game. I lost all the sims in that household, but luckaly other sims insently took over their market jobs. So yah, then I was able to get to the library, and it was all good =)

You don't need to go to those extreme measures. See the Dec 2009 message by Laser Sharp in this thread. Simply going into Edit Town to *add* a new member to the household works just fine. No need to do a "last resort" type of thing.

For some reason, this family is often used for being a merchant (which means they're never home, since only the Special Merchant goes home for the night.) Adding a new member to the household always works for me. I have a Sim that I keep in my "Library" just for this purpose.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I've had this in the past an couldn't get past it then. I believe you can also use NRass to force them to adopt a child. Make sure it is not a baby or toddler. The child resident can then let you into the house.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Hi @MadDoctor61, thanks for adding that tip about NRass :)

If there are new users reading this and find the workaround or suggestions aren't working, a super thoughtful forum member has started these two threads to help new members who may have issues with their game so that the much older threads don't need to be bumped back up. Please click on the Sims 3 or Sims 4 to be directed to the relevant thread for your gaming issues :)

In regards this thread, it was created back in 2009 and was last active over 2 years ago in 2015 so it is a really old thread. As a result I will be closing it off as necroposting is against our forum rules and just something to be mindful of ^^ I'll pop the forum rule on necroing below but if you have questions surrounding necroposting please review this thread HERE and feel free to post in there.
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top