Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to install World Adventures (REGIONAL ERROR)

Hi, I'm so sorry if this problem has been queried, but I am really having problems installing World Adventures. I keep getting this message...

"The sims 3 world adventures game validation error, The set has detected that the regional install code for the sims 3 is different than what is expansion requires. This product requires the sims 3 to have the same regional in order to be installed"

PLEASE....if somebody can....HELP ME!!!

Comments

• IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't have the answer for you, but if you change your subject title to add regional error, you may get noticed by those who have has this problem to help you faster.

Or hot the help button in upper right hand corner & start going through the steps to find the answer.
  • K4r4okeQu33nK4r4okeQu33n Posts: 56 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for that...I have edited the subject name so hopefully there is someone out there who can help me lol
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited February 2010
    There has been asked a few times. What I can tell you is the registry key -

from the desktop:
    start
    run
    regedit
    hkey_local_machine
    software
    sims
    The Sims 3
    SKU this key is your region

You need to change this key to match the region for WA. This may be a little guessing game. What I can't tell you is what all the regions are (someone had posted them in a thread).

I did find:
    1 for USA
    2 for UK
    7 WorldWide

worldwide usually works.

probably wouldn't hurt to change it back to what it was originally after you patch.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • K4r4okeQu33nK4r4okeQu33n Posts: 56 New Member
    edited December 2009
    OK so out of frustration, I uninstalled Sims 3 to start again as we all know that solves most problems. Reinstalled the base game but now when I try to open the launcher, I get a message saying "Sims 3 launcher stopped working" without it even opening. I'm getting to the end of my tether with it now!!
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited December 2009
    If you patched to the latest patch join the patch broke my launcher club. Mine works properly about 50% of the time. Try it a few times and see if it works.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • naomicvnaomicv Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Im having the same problem but once I get into software I dont see the "sims" file to complete the change. I cant download the game at all. Is there anything I can do?
  • s22hs22h Posts: 1
    edited January 2010
    I changed it from 1 to 7 (I Installed the sims 3 as different country) and it worked fantastic!
  • kerrysaysHEYkerrysaysHEY Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I don't have the 'Sku' folder inside the 'Sims 3' folder :(
  • mouchimouchi Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I need help it's not working !!!
  • mouchimouchi Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    I need help it's not working !!!
  • SimGuruCollinSimGuruCollin Posts: 173
    edited February 2010
    If you are getting region code errors, Check the places you purchased the games from, there is a chance that you purchased from two different regions, if this is the case, you would have to attempt to return/exchange one of them for the proper region.

Modifying your registry keys Will Not fix this issue, at best it will hide the issue which could then come up at any point in the future when attempting to update or install new content.
  • TIM0005TIM0005 Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    i bought all of my sims 3 in Australia and World Adventures is the only one not working. (Regional Error as well) mine is also on a mac.
  • LillybethreayLillybethreay Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    *****7 wrote:

from the desktop:
    start
    run
    regedit
    hkey_local_machine
    software
    sims
    The Sims 3

You need to change this key to match the region for WA. This may be a little guessing game. What I can't tell you is what all the regions are (someone had posted them in a thread).

I did find:
    1 for USA
    2 for UK
    7 WorldWide

worldwide usually works.

probably wouldn't hurt to change it back to what it was originally after you patch.

This worked amazingly :D Thank you, so much!!!
  • Simsman80Simsman80 Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    I did all of that but when i got to software Sims didn't show up anywhere, PLZ HELP
  • bbokkiebbokkie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have the same problem. I don't have a SKU file... Um, can I create one? Will that work. So far nothing is helping...
    PLEASE help..???
  • mariofanisme123mariofanisme123 Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    *****7 wrote:

from the desktop:
    start
    run
    regedit
    hkey_local_machine
    software
    sims
    The Sims 3

I did find:
    1 for USA
    2 for UK
    7 WorldWide

worldwide usually works.

I just found out if you dont have the sims folder go to the Wow6432Node and its in there
  • CrystalizedIceCrystalizedIce Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    SAME PROBLEM HELP ME. btw when I do that run thing, I have no and I repeat NO sims folder!!! HELP ME OR I WILL...
  • ARedJediARedJedi Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I just found out if you dont have the sims folder go to the Wow6432Node and its in there

mate you made my day i almost gave up and this worked a treat thanks again! XD