March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[TUTORIAL] How to create a bridge In CAW [TUTORIAL]

ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
This is a tutorial showing you how to create a bridge in CAW!
WA May be needed!
First Step:

Find the item/Bridge called ''Bridge - Concrete Lightend''
Place as many as you want the length of your bridge to be (easier with grid on so you place them correctly)

bridge.jpg

Then Click the icon in the image Go to sculpt Then valley Gentle OR steep, depending on how deep you want the water below your bridge

bridge2.jpg

Then Use this tool underneath your bidge And it should look something like this.
make sure you leave a small ammount of land at each end of the bridge!

bridge3.jpg

Then Add your roads to either end

bridge4.jpg

And Your bridge is done!
:D

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Bumpppp ;)
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    sorry for the newbie question, but are you in CAW or doing the edit in game thing?
    edited December 2009
    This is in CAW :)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    thanks! great tutorial :D
  • Vash1224Vash1224 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    quick question about it, because i was just going to ask if anyone has tried putting 2 bridges together. I tried this morning and my test sim avoided the bridge. will the 2 bridges snap together with each other like roads do?
    edited December 2009
    If they are the correct place then they should, its easier to do this with the grid On :)
  • teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Where do I find the bridge in CAW (I don't have WA)
  • teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited December 2009
    bump
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Not sure if there are any, put use the filter and search Bridge
    and if there are any then they will show :)
  • Vash1224Vash1224 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i have snap to grid on, and they are lined up with each other, i slightly pull them away just a tad bit and they aren't doing the snap action like the roads do. Do i need to place the blue square at the ends of the bridges on top of each other?
  • MotherboardMotherboard Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2009
    How do I know if my roads and bridges are lined up correctly? I'm trying to line up the blue squares and I don't think I'm doing it right.
  • silwerkittysilwerkitty Posts: 55 New Member
    edited January 2010
    awesome thanks for bridgeing my world!

although i'm having the sim-avoiding-bridge issue as well, wont/cant cross it at all.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2010
    Oh :S ive no idea why it is doing that my sims drive/walk across mine ok! myabe they are taking an easier route? or somethin is not lined up properly
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited January 2010
    Your bridge doesn't appear to be connected to your road. The dark blue square means it is not connected. That is why your sims drive/walk across the road.

edit: the bridge will be connected to the road when the square turns light blue.
  • JoJoSouthgateJoJoSouthgate Posts: 16
    edited January 2010
    I cant find a bridge! :cry: Where do I find it in Create A World?? Ive tried searching and everything.......please help me :)
  • babybuzzing28babybuzzing28 Posts: 616 New Member
    edited January 2010
    you need WA. if u have it try the search function :P
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    I cant find a bridge! :cry: Where do I find it in Create A World?? Ive tried searching and everything.......please help me :)

If you don't have WA you can make bridges from land. Here is one I'm making. It still has quite a bit of work left before it's finished. This is just where I started, by making a wooden road texture to use on the bridge's surface, leveled the ground beside the road, and added split-rail fencing. It's rather disappointing that there aren't any bridges and a couple more options for fencing in base-game C-A-W, though.

(Updating this post to add another image of this bridge. The second picture is after I added water terrain paint to the sides of the ground. It still needs work but it looks much more like a bridge now. The texture for the water is available at BogSims--just click the link in my signature to go there.)

WoodBridge.jpg

NottaBridge.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • johnscott10johnscott10 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited February 2010
    ok got the bridge working however 1 problem iv noticed, wen my sim reaches the middle he goes down into the water, come back up and continues as if nothing happened

any1 else had this issue and know how to fix it?
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    How exactly is he going down into the water?
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • johnscott10johnscott10 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited February 2010
    well he goes through the bridge to appear underneath it then rises abck above it and continues walking
  • water_cat1water_cat1 Posts: 751 New Member
    edited February 2010
    do you by chance have two bridge sections end to end? if you want more than one section you have to have raised land and a bit of actual road in the middle.
  • Venture_RoadVenture_Road Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Well, then how will we ever get the riverview bridge?? WA doesn't have a wide variety of choices and styles, we should figure how to create our own objects for CAW.
  • soggydoggysoggydoggy Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    hey everyone im pretty new to all of this but i found it way easier (because i couldn't find the bridge) to just flatten out the land across the river and then put a road on that! :):):):):):):):):)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLx3RqS3UE :this really helped me!!![/youtube]
  • mellicecmellicec Posts: 22 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi I found this bridge tutorial easier from flabalaki of thesimsupply. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply#p/c/41E39EF911B740D9/1/2AN7MPsjqT8
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited April 2010
    Nice Tutorial.. Thank you...

I just can't for the Life of me get 2 bridges to snap into place..... Any help there. I've looked and tried the Tutorial on how to do it so many times, but my bridges doesn't Snap together...

Help would be really appreciated...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top