Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New in-game sims 3 store not working

How do you access the sims 3 store from within the game? I don't see any new buttons in the main menu or in build/buy mode.

Somebody help me

Oh! also I updated my game today and I purchased some items, but the installer won't let me install them, I get an error massage saying that I need to update my game, but well I have already updated it!!!

And if the store works in your game...
Can you also browse items from the exchange? because that would be really useful too.

Comments

• PrettyRaveGirlPrettyRaveGirl Posts: 25 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There is a store button in Create a Sim on the far left side. I don't know about in Buy/ Build Mode, however it might be on the far left again.

However I wouldn't use it just yet. There are many kinks. My game isn't working now. After trying to download the free item, my game froze and I was forced to shut it down. Now my launcher won't load any exchange items nor the free item.

:x
  • SimDaniel89SimDaniel89 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited December 2009
    To: PrettyraveGirl

Really? there's no such button in my game and I can't find any information on how to use it, I aksed another question about this in another category but no one answers me!
  • XXXDanxxxXXXDanxxx Posts: 14
    edited December 2009
    here when you go into build/buy mode press F4 for it to come up but tbh its a bit laggy i tried it its really laggy :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x :x :!: :!: :!: :!: :cry::cry::cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited December 2009
    If you have the button...it "glows" over on the bottom left hand side when you are not in live mode....the glowing was driving me nuts! :shock: So I clicked on it hoping it would stop glowing and I didn't even know about the free item :evil:. Now when I try to upload to the exchange it keeps telling me I'm not logged in, even though clearly I am. :roll: Oh yeah and the button doesn't glow anymore. :twisted:
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2009
    I need help! None of my store content is showing in the game. I even went to the trouble of re-downloading everything and still nothing.

This is a big deal for me, all my sims use stuff from the Steampunk set. It looks like EA have found a new creative way to rip us off...

...posted here because the forum won't let me make a new post >.<
  • DavidannDavidann Posts: 147 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ok you just get on your computer and say hmmm I want 2 play the sims3, then you click on the icon and the beginning pops up, when you are ready to pick what family you feel like playing, go to the right top corner

Mine...when I click on it, it shuts down my game, every time!!!
    Whats going on? EA needs 2 do something right 4 once!!!
    edited December 2009
    and when I clicked on my family, and press F5 or what ever it is... it still closes the game down
  • merrian57merrian57 Posts: 32 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh thank goodness it is not just me...
    I keep getting this annoying message telling me that I am not connected to the internet! Well, guess what I **** well am, so there!!!

Come on tech dudes, please get with the program and fix these issues, especially if you want us to buy stuff ... and spend our hard earned money in your store!!!! :-o
    edited December 2009
    yeah well mine says nothing!!!
    not even a warning, just shuts off the game. not even a black screen or an error sign!!! just goes to my desktop! :shock: why cant you EA guys do anything right the first time. Dont release it if it doesnt work!!!
  • MarxMarx Posts: 600 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Mine isn't workin either...... and im NOT COMPLAINING.... in fact, i don't ever want it to work.... LOL... tho, i can see why you guys would...

I'm just sayin.... no rush to fix it.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone else noticed severe lag ever since the 1.8 patch was installed? I'm thinking this new store button is to blame, I wonder if the store is perminantly running in the background :/
  • XTS2009XTS2009 Posts: 357 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have noticed lag with everything, not sure if it's anything to do with the patch 1.8 as I had lag already with some things with the game.. like holding an object and moving the screen.. Vacation entering & leaving..

Now with WA, I noticed severe lag with those things & with the forum (entering it and entering threads, replying, etc). I have lag with the world creator big time.. 20 minutes to load "in game editing" and approximately 60 seconds to save the maps (large 200 height map, partially edited but mainly just terrain & sim routes).. I seriously thought it stopped responding several times but it's just really slow.

Store lag.. game lag.. launcher lag... forum lag...

I noticed my lag increase primarily with the latest 2 patches... some with WA install that was prior to those patches.. some with the initial install of sims 3.. (that's backwards, my wording is not the best. I was beginning with the most recent and working back to the beginning.)

Right now I managed to download the free object but when I tick the box, install doesn't ungray.. it's not available. I was just trying to find out if I have to leave the game to install it.. if so then store in game makes no sense what so ever.. pointless.. I'm thinking it's just messing up.. if you can download, more than likely you can install.. who'd make it so you can download but not install until out of the game? Yeah, it must be messing up.. The launcher was done loading all the items but still, it won't light up to install it..

My game's running in the background right now.. I'd better go but I wanted to share my experience in case it helps someone.. ;)

Best to you guys,

Xts2009 *XTS*

PS. check your family trees.. make sure you don't have a new child (or whatever) you didn't know you had. lol seriously.. ;) WA brought me a surprise daughter in China named Yubi!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/143757.page

EDIT: In game I don't think the button/ingame store really affects the game.. like when you're playing the sims.. going to work/school, etc.. But maybe when in edit mode where the button actually shows up.. I bet it may there or when loading the page or game (to load the required files for the store, it may take longer).
  • XTS2009XTS2009 Posts: 357 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I managed to get the free store item by just looking in game.. Thinking it highlighted it inaccurately when I was in the launcher, making me think I had to install it but it was apparently already installed. ;)

Good luck you guys with the patch & lag..
    Xts2009
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited December 2009
    Just to let everyone know EA is aware of this and is looking into fixing it.I read about it at simoperations.com.They say their aware of the problems the 1.8 patch is causing and they know about the launcher issues as well.I look for a 1.9 patch to fix these problems soon.
  • martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited December 2009
    Just to let everyone know EA is aware of this and is looking into fixing it.I read about it at simoperations.com.They say their aware of the problems the 1.8 patch is causing and they know about the launcher issues as well.I look for a 1.9 patch to fix these problems soon.

Where have we heard this before? Oh, practically every day since the game was released.

Frankly, if they weren't trying to force the store down everybody's freaking throat (although the usual bots, sheep, and paid shills will try to convince you that's not what they're really doing, they are just doing it to improve game play...lol) with another piece of unwanted and unneeded junk, and spent some time actually trying to program the game to work right, they might not have these problems. I have a suggestion, let those EA airhead monkeys who loves everything EA does have the stupid button and they can press it all they want into mindless oblivion. Give the rest of the more sane players who actually have some thought process left and see that the game has become nothing more than a marketing tool for the crummy store the choice to opt out. But that will never happen, because it's not about the Sims anymore, it's about the Sims store.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yes but they really are working on it.One of the simgurus said so.Anyway I won't download the latest patch till it's fixed.
  • BonusItemBonusItem Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't even have a Sims Store button on my game :(
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 80 New Member
    edited December 2009
    BonusItem wrote:
    I don't even have a Sims Store button on my game :(

Me nether...

I really like the idea.

But mostly - I want the free goodies.

Any word yet?
  • DragonflyonDragonflyon Posts: 4
    edited January 2010
    I had the in game store button, but it crashes the game to the desktop everytime.

I went to options to disable it so I don't accidentally engage it.

Other issues is my characters' voice track doesn't work and the game will crash to desktop randomly and unexpectedly.

I have stoppped playing the 1.8 version until it is resolved.

Also I downloaded the CREATE A WORLD, but it won't work and who knows could be part of the problem.

However, I can't delete it now either. :?
  • achaylachayl Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    I also don't have the Sim Store in my game .... shame because I would really love that coffee maker.