Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary friend... opportunity glitch???

:(:( So I have my legacy family that I created, and myself as a child I received my IF. I first moved this family into Appaloosa Plains, then after growing decided i wanted them in a different neighborhood, so I saved the family as is, and started a new game moving them into Moonlight Falls from Supernatural. So when I finally aged into a child i spent plenty of time bonding with my IF and finally got the Opportunity from the science lab to turn my IF real. I got a rainbow gem from France and sent it in, then it said to show up at the lab with 4,500 simoleons. Well whenever I click on the science lab with my child sim, I have no option to turn in the money and get the potion. Ive tried doing it during different times of day and everything but never have the option to complete the opportunity. So is this just a glitch in the neighborhood or am I missing something else I need to do. Its very frustrating and I would like to do it this way bcuz trying to discover the potion on your own takes to long. Can anyone help???? :?: :?:

And possibly related in this neighborhood, my family keeps getting sick and I have no option at the hospital to get a flu shot, for any of them. In fact for that same child sim I have no options for the hospital at all.......

Comments

• Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had the same thing in AS. I think it may have to do with the combo Science/Hospital buildings. I wasn't sure I would find a Rainbow Gem to do the opportunity when it came up, so as a back up, I had already purchased a Chemistry Table for my sims and had the child w/ the IF spend his free time discovering potions. He discovered the one to make his IF real a day after he got the Science Lab opportunity. I wrote the Rainbow Gem off as a loss and offered the IF the potion he had made.
  • Options
    Sontine84Sontine84 Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yahtzami wrote:
    I had the same thing in AS. I think it may have to do with the combo Science/Hospital buildings. I wasn't sure I would find a Rainbow Gem to do the opportunity when it came up, so as a back up, I had already purchased a Chemistry Table for my sims and had the child w/ the IF spend his free time discovering potions. He discovered the one to make his IF real a day after he got the Science Lab opportunity. I wrote the Rainbow Gem off as a loss and offered the IF the potion he had made.

Yeah I went ahead and bought the chemistry station too, and my brother already has a logic level of 5 so maybe I'll just have him discover it. I wonder if it goes faster that way....?