March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you wish to debug it?

Okay so I have the base game, fast lane stuff and generations ever since I got generations i've been getting and Exception Raised dialogue box which says:

Unhandled Exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000
Do you wish to debug it?
Yes No

Whichever one I press, the game automatically shuts down. There have probably been many posts about this and I have looked everywhere but I can't seem to sift through specific problems to get to an answer to mine.

I would really appreciate an answer to this on this thread rather than a link to another one because I'm not as tech savvy as a lot of people here and am really unsure how to go about fixing this.

If it helps i'm on a MacBook Pro with a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor on Mac OSX Version 10.5.8 and a NVIDIA GeForce9400M graphics card.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2011
    It's just one type of crash. As far as I know, there is nothing you have done to cause it and nothing you can do to fix it. For me, this error disappeared when I patched but it hasn't worked that way for others. :-)
  • SugarmewSugarmew Posts: 236
    edited September 2011
    This was a glitch in the Generations patches. I think one of them may have conflicted and caused the error, but nobody really knows...Anyway, patching to Town Life Stuff worked. If you have that patch, I don't know. :?
  • daniparkdanipark Posts: 24
    edited September 2011
    hasn't been fixed. This has been going on since 2009. We've tried getting EA's attention for this but hasn't worked...I would complain on the Amazon sims 3 pets website (under discussions) to get attention for this problem. When money involved, they'll pay attention if it hurts their sales.
  • KrispyNickyBKrispyNickyB Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2011
    I've gotten this before. I have two solutions that work for me. First is restarting my Mac. Most of the time that works.

Can you provide further details on when this happens? Does the Exception happen right when you boot or get into your game? Can you play a bit then it happens? Or is this just random?

Join me on Youtube !
    First Videos launching on October 3rd
  • peaceluv60peaceluv60 Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten this before. I have two solutions that work for me. First is restarting my Mac. Most of the time that works.

Can you provide further details on when this happens? Does the Exception happen right when you boot or get into your game? Can you play a bit then it happens? Or is this just random?
    This happens to me when I press the application to start the game i don’t even get to see the launch menu :(