Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, please? (Looking for an item)

v5e8a1.jpg

I'm looking for the shelf pictured above in the Sims. Though the picture above is from a tomb, I first saw it in the Antiques(?) store in Egypt, and I immediately wanted it for how nicely it displayed the canopic jars.
I've tried finding it in-game and then online for help, but no luck. :(

Does anyone know where this item is located in-game?
Am I just looking in the wrong areas in buy-mode, or do I have to buy it from a merchant?

Comments

• YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hmmm...I don't recall ever seeing that now that you mention it! Have you looked in Misc Storage (where the other display cases are?) or in Buydebug (open cheat window, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" w/out the "" then hit enter. Go into buy mode, open cheat window again and type in "buydebug". You will see a category that has a ? on it. There you will find things like the spawners for gems, insects and fish and also tomb items and misc.) I would look under misc and tomb objects...but like I said...I don't remember ever seeing this shelf anywhere.

Sorry I can't help more!
  • Corwin_AlexanderCorwin_Alexander Posts: 533 Member
    edited September 2010
    It might be in tomb items, but actually, I think it's just a normal decorative item. Try checking the decorative items miscellaneous tab. (If not, then "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "buydebug on" to find the tomb items. Don't forget to turn them off and false before returning to play or your game could go all buggy.)
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited September 2010
    You should be able to find it in buy mode. It already has the canopic jars on it (as it is not a shelf that you can put things on.)
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited September 2010
    KatAnubis wrote:
    You should be able to find it in buy mode. It already has the canopic jars on it (as it is not a shelf that you can put things on.)

It's a shame really because it is a nice shelf and it'd be great if you could get one and decorate it yourself :).