Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IslaRose's Build Showcase - Vampire Stuff!

Comments

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    That's some funny stuff right there!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The starter, the pool house and the Industrial loft looks great! Good job! :)
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks! I'm trying to finish up a bunch of WIPs I've had sitting around, but I'm finding I need to take a bit of a break if I don't want all of my residential build interiors looking the same. :) So I'm toying around with a police station for the next day or so.

I did upload a few residential builds today, but I'm not entirely happy with the interiors, so I just left them partially furnished. :/
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I do this too. I have two concepts floating around in my head but I take some time out between builds and play other games or do some other things. I feel for me it helps with keeping the game fresh and actually spurs creativity! :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    THE Pool House is very amazing! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very modern feel and amazing roofing work too! I like the use of fence to act as a skylight. Your landscaping is very adorable! I like your water feature and garden out front. Lovely vamping area too! And your interior, awesome! I like your use of color scheme, very refreshing! And lol about the skinny dip in the picture! :#
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Tropical Beach Huts
    Gallery

rTtemQl.jpg

I don't know what made me build these, but here they are. :) They remind me of something from the TS3 Island Paradise EP. Also, I had to add small, single walls for the gallery previews, so they can be deleted if need be.

0UL59lA.jpg
    Y5yo786.jpg
    EYmiG8K.jpg
    B7QPApU.jpg
    Ey0ECjS.jpg
    I7vKk2h.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    WCPD Police Station
    (Willow Creek Police Department)
    Gallery

I threw together a quick police station build; it's fully playtested and of course includes everything required of the detective career lot. The layout of the Maxis lot was effective, so I stayed close to it while expanding the facilities and redecorating/designing the interior to suit my tastes. It's a little monochromatic, with hints of blue and red throughout.

IyN3rBZ.jpg
    CIBC4Dn.jpg
    zkoD09P.jpg
    (The lights reflecting off the cell doors look odd in this image, but they are all the same color).
    cnhvgxY.jpg
    (There's a spare room on the top floor, which I left open to suit the player's needs).

Interior shots
    azWkXkFm.jpgqazudbSm.jpg
    TdTsLV7m.jpgoT3K850m.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Tropical Beach Huts is very nice! :) Very nice layout of the build! It looks very nice how you have built the huts on stilts, and the open air design of the huts looks nice. The roofing looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the water! The rocks look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the water and the rock water fountain features in the front area of the build looks so nice! The bridge over the water looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and trees in the build. Nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting on the log themed seats toasting food on the fire and chatting. The open plan layout of the interior looks very nice. Nice wooden flooring, and the colour scheme of the build looks nice. Very nice bedroom! The plants on the bedside tables are nice touches of green there, and the type of blinds that you have used looks very nice. It is great that you have the bathroom in the basement level. The outdoors floor lights are nice touches through the build.
    It is such a very nice tropical build! It looks very restful.
    The Police Station looks very nice! It looks great how you have redesigned the interior to suit the work style and tastes of your police sims. The furnishing of the build looks nice. Very nice computer study desk office! It looks nice how you have placed the computers desk tables facing each other. The sims will like working together in the one room at the same time. The floor rugs are nice touches under the tables. Sims will like keeping fit using the equipment in the gym.
    Both builds are very nice :)
  • Options
    Lovely builds! Both the police station and the hut looks beautiful! :D
  • Options
    Your two new builds are very awesome! :smiley:
    * Tropical Beach Huts - Lovely stilted architecture and landscaping, and amazing interior with some beachy vibes. OK, we really need tropical-theme items in it!
    * WCPD Police Station - Great to see a police station of yours! Your architecture is very amazing, I especially like your enlarged badge wall decor as a sign. And very elegant color choices in interior too!
    * I love them! I'm adding these to my faves if I haven't already did! :smiley:
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow, this is an amazing showcase, your builds are awesome! Tropical Beach Huts is so beautiful :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    @masajo @RyeCris16 @yanti68 @rosemow Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement :)

• Options
    @rosemow thank you! :D Thanks to @RyeCris16 and @Nhicks for nominating me <3<3

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Just a quick update:

These are some of the lots I pulled from the gallery to rework and update - I originally built them within the first month or so after launch, and I wanted to revisit them and make some changes now that I know a bit more. :)

Modern Cottage Starter
    Gallery

This cozy build is loosely based on the Seth Peterson cottage by Frank Lloyd Wright (exterior) with my own interior.

NP7ihuF.jpg
    mNIXOro.jpg
    Bz0Ay6o.jpg
    G96gOiX.jpg
    3srvac1.jpg

Modular Container Home
    Gallery

lQsN6hy.jpg
    rPEo6pJ.jpg
    mWrHZUA.jpg
    Post edited by islarosexiv on

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Cotttage Starter is very nice! :) The slanted roofing is very nice! The stone and wooden texture of the exterior gives the home a very nice look. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the home. The front pathway paving looks nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the home! It looks very nice how you have the pillar with the fireplace on it in the middle of the room. The candles, books and photo are nice homely touches on the fireplace ledge. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas there, having a chat in front of the fire. The blossom plant is a nice touch on the table beside the sofa. The study desk alcove is nice! The stone texture of the walls there looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer with sunlight coming in through the window onto the desk. They will have very nice views through the windows whilst sitting there. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when sitting there. The armchair corner reading nook is nice. It looks nice how you have placed the circle floor rugs under the bed. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors through the bedroom windows whilst laying in bed. It looks nice how you have used the white floor tiling to separate off the kitchen area.
    The exterior design of Modular Container Home is very nice! It looks nice how you have the ledge alcove balconies. The chequered front pathway looks nice. Nice back patio outdoors dining area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ there and eating their meals at the umbrella covered table, enjoying the outdoors air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the levels of the interior of the home! The curved sink and bar stool counter in the kitchen looks nice. The different texture of the flooring of the kitchen area gives a nice look. The red flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see when eating their meals there. The living room alcove is very nice. The plants in the comers are nice touches in the area. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the stereo whilst sitting there on the sofas and armchair watching TV. It looks great how you have angled and placed the TV. The floor rugs under the beds add nice looks in the bedrooms.
    Both homes are very nice :)
  • Options
    You're most welcome and congrats on Maxis' fave! Very deserving! :smiley:

Anyway, your two new builds are very awesome! :smiley:
    * Modern Cottage Starter - Very rustic and amazing architecture, adorable landscaping, and stylish interior. Great price too!
    * Modular Container Home - An amazing container house with amazing architecture and interior. I love your pathway too!
    I love them! I already added these to my faves! :smiley:
  • Options
    Love your 2 modern builds! The starter looks cosy and compact! Love the container home too! Beautiful interiors. :D
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Unlicensed both of your new builds! I'm sure other simmers will to. Great job!!!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Lovely modern builds :) Fantastic exterior design to your starter and I love how you've decorated and furnished the interiors. Super container home, again with wonderful interior design. I find these container shapes take a lot of consideration when designing the interiors because of the shape but you've done an awesome job with yours :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Orphanage/Boarding School
    I was experimenting with roof styles, and on a whim decided to build an orphanage/boarding school to play an Orphanage Challenge (in which, the adult has to raise children until they find their "forever homes" and ensure they build skills and good grades before they reach maturity). I went with a more refined interior, wanting to capture a more "classic" or old world, East coast/English feel. The roof does clip over the alcoves, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

z2wufHs.jpg
    JNbrwbK.jpg
    xn9diZs.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Modern Villa v1

Updated build
    Post edited by islarosexiv on

• Options
    Breezeway V3 Extended

This lot is an updated version of one of my first TS4 builds, which I've expanded and revised a few times to suit my legacy family through the generations.

Q6fqgQH.jpg
    opi9PPv.jpg
    hQcNUIk.jpg
    wj7QiGk.jpg

(The previous version, V2)

zYWScMs.jpg

and the first edition (it's come a long way!):

FKBwnMF.png