Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living Challenge Idea!!

Comments

• VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Oh I adore this idea, I love teeny tiny builds and this one was a real challenge! This is what I've come up with so far...

smallsidefours_zpsbhdf8ffd.jpg
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    What do we do with the inspiration when it says be friends with 3 of your children, when this challenge is only 1 child per generation?
    Well, my founder (and her husband) have both died. Their son is married and they have one child. My founder got pregnant with baby #2 just before hubby passed away. I don't know if that if it is against the rules for the founder to have more than 1 child, but I couldn't be happy with just 1 child.

My question now though, with both the founder and the hubby passed away, that leaves just their 2nd child inside the 1st 5x5 home. What do I do with that house once she is YA and can move out? it will just be empty. Do I still build a 3rd 5x5 for the 3rd generation?
  • KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    I am trying this challenge it's hard because I am so used to all the decorating and all the rooms and the basement. I started a new game with two new sims. I created the female and got the male from the gallery I hope this challenge leads me to falling in love with sims 4.
    I have changed some of the rules for my game I am using this challenge as my foundation first of all I started with no money and no cheats so it's very stressful for my sims and they have to build their 5x5 one wall a day so it's funny because I am looking for all the flowers, fossils, frogs, dolls and rocks to sell and make money I don't sell the fruit or veggies I eat them, in my lot my sim Bertha smells bad and pees all over and sleep in the floor. Another rule I made is they can't fish unless is to eat, and they can't paint or write novels until they earn the money to buy an easel and a computer.
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    edited October 2015
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    What do we do with the inspiration when it says be friends with 3 of your children, when this challenge is only 1 child per generation?

This is the one thing I'd like clarified. The creator of the challenge only says she 'recommends' you only do one child per generation, but then says you can't switch aspirations until the Big Happy Family is complete. It's IMPOSSIBLE to complete that aspiration without having 3 children. So she's basically recommending people to fail automatically.

On the other hand, attempting to complete the Big Happy Family and have 3 kids could make it more of a challenge.

I'm seriously considering this challenge just see how it works out if they did have 3 kids.

What I'd like to know, though, is have the rules been updated to include the tents from Outdoor Retreat and basements. Can we have them? Yes, no?

Hi well I have the three kids because that's the only way and it's very hectic basically everything is done outside and when the kids and the mom are in the house is over crowded. I have to use the tent outside for the parents because it's impossible for five people to fit in the house. With two children in the bed and one child in the sofa inside the house. I wanted to build a basement but than it would not be tiny living because I have more space to fit stuff so I didn't build it. I don't know if it's right or wrong but that's how I am playing my game so far.
  • dmama1314dmama1314 Posts: 262 Member

This is the one thing I'd like clarified. The creator of the challenge only says she 'recommends' you only do one child per generation, but then says you can't switch aspirations until the Big Happy Family is complete. It's IMPOSSIBLE to complete that aspiration without having 3 children. So she's basically recommending people to fail automatically.

On the other hand, attempting to complete the Big Happy Family and have 3 kids could make it more of a challenge.

I'm seriously considering this challenge just see how it works out if they did have 3 kids.

What I'd like to know, though, is have the rules been updated to include the tents from Outdoor Retreat and basements. Can we have them? Yes, no?

Rule 4 says only one story houses and rule 10 says no sleeping outside. The rules show an edit after those both were released, so I am assuming the both rules stand.
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    dowens13 wrote: »

Rule 4 says only one story houses and rule 10 says no sleeping outside. The rules show an edit after those both were released, so I am assuming the both rules stand.

Yeah, a basement could get 'cheaty' ... unless the rules were amended to add only a 5x5 basement, thus making it no different than the part in the rules that says when the next gen is YA they can have their own 5x5 lot. But yes, still kind of cheaty.

The tent I might argue isn't sleeping outside. it's enclosed, and a tent is an object you can buy in the Outdoors section of buy mode. But I guess that could go either way, too. I kind of wish they would clarify because I did just get twins on a second pregnancy and I'd toss someone into a tent if it was allowed.
    Well, my founder (and her husband) have both died. Their son is married and they have one child. My founder got pregnant with baby #2 just before hubby passed away. I don't know if that if it is against the rules for the founder to have more than 1 child, but I couldn't be happy with just 1 child.

My question now though, with both the founder and the hubby passed away, that leaves just their 2nd child inside the 1st 5x5 home. What do I do with that house once she is YA and can move out? it will just be empty. Do I still build a 3rd 5x5 for the 3rd generation?

I ended up leaving all sims in place. The 2nd child actually married and I decided to let her live in the 1st 5x5 home. 1st born got his own 5x5, and has married and has had 2 children. 1st born got her own 5x5, and the 2nd is taking over the 2nd 5x5 (he is now married, but can't have any children yet since there are 8 on the lot now). Third generation has 1 child, he is almost a YA, and when he YA, he will take over the 4th 5x5, however, he can't get married yet, since the lot is full, until someone dies of old age.

Did that make any sense? lol
  • ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    Wow! All of these house look great!
    I'm no pro at building, in fact I am amateur at best, but this looks like so much fun!
    I thought I'd give it a try. :)
    Here is my dashing and dapper Sim, Philip M. Truthfully his last name escapes me. Monroe or Moore? I know it's an M! ;)
    EYVdhed.png
    Annnnd here is the house!
    4HAEZyE.png
    zYHAiTy.png

It took me quite a while to get it down how I wanted it, but it is surprisingly easy to maneuver through.
    Phil here is gonna be a writer, and as a little handicap he will not be allowed to reproduce until after he has completed his aspiration, the writing one. Forgot the name of that too...
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Kaytee45Kaytee45 Posts: 20 New Member
    This is such a great idea. I love the challenges that make you really play the game and test what you can do in it.
  • QueenSinQueenSin Posts: 6 New Member
    i am so doing this :D I LOVE TinyLiving <3 it's amazing what some of these houses have XD
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I was wondering. Can the OP make this challenge into a blog post? I'm just so confused with all the questions and answers lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• HarrtsHarrts Posts: 24 New Member
    This is such a fun challenge :) I was going to post pictures of my progress, but unfortunately I can't do that just yet.

I realized I broke the rules a bit at first because the bed was only accessible from one side, oops. I had it the proper way at first, but when I rearranged a little bit I ended up pushing it against a wall.
  • HufflepuffcloudHufflepuffcloud Posts: 1 New Member
    Question! So my sims baby has just turned into a child and I moved their kitchen area outside. Can I keep their area outside when she gets her own 5x5?
  • PinkiePie101PinkiePie101 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I am starting The Tiny Living Challenge right now!!!!Yay!!!!! :smiley:
    How do you post pictures?
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Starting tonight! ^^
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2016
    I decided to try this. I have made a 5x5 house with a pool and moved a couple of Sims in. Of course, the welcoming people arrived and it was a bit crowded. At one point there were 4 Sims sitting on the bed eating grilled cheese and two others dancing nearby.
  • IlliyeaIlliyea Posts: 41 Member
    I started this challenge a little bit back in the end of February. I ended up combining this challenge with the Living off the land because both had similar traits with minor differences. So far my couple had two children and a baby with only the double bed. Both parents have the whims point trait of never weary which makes sleeping in the house a whole lot easier. Kids sleep at night, and in the morning while they are gone mom and dad get their chance and still have plenty of time in the afternoon/late night.
    Completed Challenges:
    Living off the Land, Tiny Living, Tudors Challenge, 100 baby Challenge
    Challenges in Progress:
    Parentcy Challenge, Royal Family Legacy
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    My challenge is coming to an end, I'm guessing it'll be around 45 episodes in total when it's done. I love it so so so much, it's one of the best challenges I have ever tried. Thank you, @Maddy-the-Poodle for creating this challenge! I see that there are different variations of this challenge too, bigger houses etc - but I have really enjoyed keeping my family confined in a 5x5 with a porch :D

The house has gone through so many transformations, but now in the last stages, this is what it looks like;

Bird's eye:

bJzzmSL.png

Exterior:

Dlk7A4g.png

5EzeRXO.png

Porch/Kitchen/Recroom

8e6i1KD.png

Interior:

bstozUK.png

bb5NaCc.png

I have really enjoyed this challenge, and I wish more people were trying it. It's so hard at first, but it gets easier and easier. Not to mention, all the fun I've had, jamming 2-4 sims into a 5x5 room XD
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited April 2016
    I decided to try this challenge again. Here is my tiny house!

pm3Bfkl.png
    Z5rV0mH.png
    qL1ogGm.png
    bzqVcVj.png
    iwqYeE1.png
    EhkcqU8.png
    0Rg69bQ.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Raiiny_DazeRaiiny_Daze Posts: 6 New Member
    How much money should we start off with? I built the house and added the furniture but I still have 14,000 simoleons left. Should I use a money cheat to bring it down?
  • iridescentiridescent Posts: 35 Member
    aaa im totally doing this but i was wondering- are patios allowed? i thought the rules said no but everyone seems to have one..
  • iridescentiridescent Posts: 35 Member
    oh wait i was confused with porches aha