Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steel Bladder

Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
So just as I get my game working again, I have a new glitch. Two of my sims have the Steel Bladder, yet their bladder motive keeps going down. :?
Also the Hardly Hungry and Dirt Defiant don't seem to be working either.

Comments

• MadicusMadicus Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That stinks. Steel bladder works fine for my sims.
  • PrincessMajesticPrincessMajestic Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Steel bladder doesn't mean they never have to go to the bathroom, it just means it slows down so they don't have to go as much.
  • AlyriaAlyria Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Actually Steel Bladder does mean they never have to go to the bathroom. That's the way that trait works. Now dirt defiant and hardly hungry don't work like that. They just drop slower.

If you have awesome mod it "fixes" steel bladder to work more like dirt defiant and hardly hungry.
  • Samr883Samr883 Posts: 1,139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Alyria wrote:
    If you have awesome mod it "fixes" steel bladder to work more like dirt defiant and hardly hungry.

That's a 'fix'? :|
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    My sim has steel bladder and for a long time it worked and she didn't have to use the toilet, but then suddenly the trait stopped working like the game ignored it completely and now it is like she never had the trait. I really hope EA will fix all these bugs soon because they kind of loose a lot of credibility with all these bugs and no fixes for them.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    My sim has steel bladder and for a long time it worked and she didn't have to use the toilet, but then suddenly the trait stopped working like the game ignored it completely and now it is like she never had the trait. I really hope EA will fix all these bugs soon because they kind of loose a lot of credibility with all these bugs and no fixes for them.

This thread is from 2009. The sims 3 is over and EA has moved on to the sims 4. I have no issues with steel bladder. Do you have mods or cc in your game? These can effect your game in a negative way. Try evicting your sim in edit town mode and placing the sim back on the lot. That should reset your sim and may fix your issue of steel bladder not working
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I almost always get Steel Bladder. It's working with no problems in my game and no mods that fix it. Could you have any mods installed that could be interfering with it? Have you delete the cache files recently?
    edited April 2015

This thread is from 2009. The sims 3 is over and EA has moved on to the sims 4. I have no issues with steel bladder. Do you have mods or cc in your game? These can effect your game in a negative way. Try evicting your sim in edit town mode and placing the sim back on the lot. That should reset your sim and may fix your issue of steel bladder not working
    I hadn't seen this was for sims 3. I was actually talking about a bug in The Sims 4. I have never had a problem with Steel Bladder in The Sims 3. But I must say that The Sims 3 is definitely not over at all. Ea might have moved on but it doesn't mean that every player has. I sertainly have not. I prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4 as TS4 is such a let down. Even though I have bought every thing for TS4 because, well it is the sims and i gotta have it, and it has gotten better than it was at start, The Sims 3 is still the best of the sims series.

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

I hadn't seen this was for sims 3. I was actually talking about a bug in The Sims 4. I have never had a problem with Steel Bladder in The Sims 3. But I must say that The Sims 3 is definitely not over at all. Ea might have moved on but it doesn't mean that every player has. I sertainly have not. I prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4 as TS4 is such a let down. Even though I have bought every thing for TS4 because, well it is the sims and i gotta have it, and it has gotten better than it was at start, The Sims 3 is still the best of the sims series.

Oh great another bug in the sims 4 (rolls eyes)

I still play the sims 3. Someone just posted ea told them we were getting a new patch for the sims 3. Dont know if it is overall of a store patch. They are having issues will the brunch at the old mill tea set. I hope we get some patches for the sime 3 to fix things that would be nice! I love the sims 3 and like it much better than 4. I did not buy GTW because of all the bugs. I would rather deal with sims 3 bugs than the sims 4. I love the sims 3 and 2. Wish 4 was a combo of both with new stuff we havent seen. The only thing I dont like about 3 is rabbit holes. I wish we had dining like the sims 2. Prom should not have been a rabbit hole.

I still play the sims 3. Someone just posted ea told them we were getting a new patch for the sims 3. Dont know if it is overall of a store patch. They are having issues will the brunch at the old mill tea set. I hope we get some patches for the sime 3 to fix things that would be nice! I love the sims 3 and like it much better than 4. I did not buy GTW because of all the bugs. I would rather deal with sims 3 bugs than the sims 4. I love the sims 3 and 2. Wish 4 was a combo of both with new stuff we havent seen. The only thing I dont like about 3 is rabbit holes. I wish we had dining like the sims 2. Prom should not have been a rabbit hole.
    I like most of the rabbit holes in The Sims 3. But i do agree with you, i wish that dining was like in ts2. I know there is a set in the store for dining, but i watched a review of it on youtube and i really didn't like it.
    Even after The sims 4 came out, i bought the last of the expansion packs and stuff packs for ts3 I was missing. I can't get a hold of Sweet Treats anywhere here, but that is alright as it seems to be the worst pack ever made for the sims series.

I like most of the rabbit holes in The Sims 3. But i do agree with you, i wish that dining was like in ts2. I know there is a set in the store for dining, but i watched a review of it on youtube and i really didn't like it.
    Even after The sims 4 came out, i bought the last of the expansion packs and stuff packs for ts3 I was missing. I can't get a hold of Sweet Treats anywhere here, but that is alright as it seems to be the worst pack ever made for the sims series.

Im just not a fan of rabbit holes. They are ok some jobs, exploration with the catacombs in the graveyards. Things like that are ok on rabbit hole. I have the bistro and its not the same like Dining in TS2. I dont the like the bistro. I own all eps accept sweet treats. The revues were horrible and looking at what is in the pack I dont want it. WA is one of my favorites because its like tomb raider. I also love supernatural.

Im just not a fan of rabbit holes. They are ok some jobs, exploration with the catacombs in the graveyards. Things like that are ok on rabbit hole. I have the bistro and its not the same like Dining in TS2. I dont the like the bistro. I own all eps accept sweet treats. The revues were horrible and looking at what is in the pack I dont want it. WA is one of my favorites because its like tomb raider. I also love supernatural.

Yeah WA and supernatural are some of my favorites as well. At first when pets came out i thought it was awsome, but honestly i have never had so many bugs with a pack as i have with that so i never play with pets anymore, though i have all packs installed, but mostly for the items that comes with it. Another favorite of mine is Generations. I love how a pack is all focused on children and teens as it is a big deal in ts3 universe. And of course University.

Yeah WA and supernatural are some of my favorites as well. At first when pets came out i thought it was awsome, but honestly i have never had so many bugs with a pack as i have with that so i never play with pets anymore, though i have all packs installed, but mostly for the items that comes with it. Another favorite of mine is Generations. I love how a pack is all focused on children and teens as it is a big deal in ts3 universe. And of course University.

I have everything installed but pets. I would rather have just horses but they get stuck. Generations is the buggy one for me!!! I love it but its buggy. I just bought Uni because it was on sale. I love Uni in the sims 2 , I did not want to play it in the sims 3 but I caved on the sale LOL
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    I haven't moved on to TS4 yet, and I'm not really sure if I will. The continuous world just means too much to me. It was the thing about TS2 that I REALLY wanted. I hated not being able to just walk over to my neighbor's house and stop by for a quick visit. I wanted to be able to peek in at my sim walking his dog while the kids did their homework. And ever since they included that in TS3 I've been blissfully able to return back to the series again and again (in between MMOs and RPGs lol.) I don't have all the expansions for TS3 yet (still missing Into the Future, Showtime, and Island Paradise) nor do I have many stuff packs. I honestly couldn't tell you my favorite expansion. I love something about them all. My most recent exp that I bought was Uni and though there are a cpl things I missed about TS2 Uni, all in all I had a really fun time taking my sim to school and it seemed much less of a struggle to get good grades while still being able to socialize, do the parties and social group things, protests, etc. and actually had a lot of fun. I don't have the bistro set but I do have the stove from it and love being able to take dates out to the custom nectary I built in my world for dinner and dancing (and nectar ;) ) I like that you don't have to wait in line for a seat like you had to in TS2 and that you don't have to actually pay the bill it's just automatically deducted. Being able to set the menu and prices means that I could have mom and dad having dinner at a five star nectary and their teenager out on a date at a greasy spoon diner right across the street that aren't rabbit holes. And I really don't think I want to go back to an instanced world where you're forced to either do everything together all the time or leave some of your family behind. Or the loading screens that go with it lol.
    AbellaKellaher - I get your point. But in TS4 you can still visit your neighbours, even though it isn 't an open world like in TS3. I miss a lot of stuff from TS3, which is why i'm never gonna stop playing it, even though TS4 is out now. :smile: I don't miss TS2 though. In every single way TS3 is better than TS2. I might go back and try it just to compare.

I have everything installed but pets. I would rather have just horses but they get stuck. Generations is the buggy one for me!!! I love it but its buggy. I just bought Uni because it was on sale. I love Uni in the sims 2 , I did not want to play it in the sims 3 but I caved on the sale LOL

I don't like horses (actually im quite afraid of them), but i do like them in TS3. I prefer the dogs and cats though. Just wish there weren't all those bugs included. Uni is really cool for TS3. I love to get my sims a good education and the new careers that is included are awsome!

AbellaKellaher - I get your point. But in TS4 you can still visit your neighbours, even though it isn 't an open world like in TS3. I miss a lot of stuff from TS3, which is why i'm never gonna stop playing it, even though TS4 is out now. :smile: I don't miss TS2 though. In every single way TS3 is better than TS2. I might go back and try it just to compare.

I don't like horses (actually im quite afraid of them), but i do like them in TS3. I prefer the dogs and cats though. Just wish there weren't all those bugs included. Uni is really cool for TS3. I love to get my sims a good education and the new careers that is included are awsome!

I love the horses even in RL. Its cool you can ride them in the sims 3. I did not like dogs and cats in the sims 2 and dont like them in the sims 3. RL fine but I am not one of those that wants dogs and cats in my game though I know many people do. If the sims 4 put out pets I wouldn't buy it. I only bought pets in the sims 3 for the horses. If it was only dogs and cats I wouldn't have bought it. Eventually Ill get to playing uni. Im taking a break from the sims 3. I was in bored mode but will get back into it again.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Wrong.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    > @Skyfri_Himmel said:
    > AbellaKellaher - I get your point. But in TS4 you can still visit your neighbours, even though it isn 't an open world like in TS3.

Oh that's right, they're sectioned into neighborhoods... Forgot that, thanks :)

Still, I really just love that I can see anywhere in the town I wish for whatever reason. :)
    edited April 2015
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Wrong.

It is not wrong just because you disagree.

I love the horses even in RL. Its cool you can ride them in the sims 3. I did not like dogs and cats in the sims 2 and dont like them in the sims 3. RL fine but I am not one of those that wants dogs and cats in my game though I know many people do. If the sims 4 put out pets I wouldn't buy it. I only bought pets in the sims 3 for the horses. If it was only dogs and cats I wouldn't have bought it. Eventually Ill get to playing uni. Im taking a break from the sims 3. I was in bored mode but will get back into it again.
    I would definetely buy it just for the dogs and cats :smile: Also i liked how you could collect critters throughout the neighbourhood and put them in terrariums. And also i have never ever spotted a unicorn. I really wish i could find them, but they must be very rare.

Wrong.

I would definetely buy it just for the dogs and cats :smile: Also i liked how you could collect critters throughout the neighbourhood and put them in terrariums. And also i have never ever spotted a unicorn. I really wish i could find them, but they must be very rare.

The unicorn. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/pets/unicorns.php

Wrong.

Thank you so much. I just read it all and i'm definetely gonna try it out when i get a chance. Atm I am playing with my legacy family the "Stark" family, so i will have to rebuild their house to make room for pets. I don't have enough money for that right now, so they will have to get to work asap. :smile:

Wrong.

Thank you so much. I just read it all and i'm definetely gonna try it out when i get a chance. Atm I am playing with my legacy family the "Stark" family, so i will have to rebuild their house to make room for pets. I don't have enough money for that right now, so they will have to get to work asap. :smile:

Your welcome. If you ever need sims guides to find or work something in the game carls sims is the best for that

Wrong.

Your welcome. If you ever need sims guides to find or work something in the game carls sims is the best for that

Yeah I know, I use the site all the time :smile: I just never thought of searching for unicorns on there.