Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 update error

my sims3 launcher wont let me on and it says something like "your game needs updating" but on the launcher it says "your game is up to date" how do I solve it :?: :?: :?:

Comments

• Options
    QueenVamp13QueenVamp13 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem :( help please!!
  • Options
    Alan_69kkAlan_69kk Posts: 382
    edited October 2010
    Maybe update your download manager?
  • Options
    QueenVamp13QueenVamp13 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I've tried that, I still get a message pop up saying that the game launcher needs to be updated, but it cannot update....
  • Options
    ShortyBurkeShortyBurke Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I have been having the same issues, after I got past the uninstalling and reinstalling of my game and expansion packs. Now I dont know whats wrong, and I have already upgraded my EA download manager. Can someone help???????? :?:
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi,

In order for us to provide better assistance, can you include the following information please?

• Products installed
    - Base Game
    - World Adventures
    - High-End Loft Stuff
    - Ambitions
    - Fast Lane Stuff
    - Late Night

Version of each product which can be found by opening the skuversion.txt file
    - These are located in the corresponding folder for Base Game and/or Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    - The important information to include in your post is the first line of the Text document that reads: Gameversion = 1.12.70.006001
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    YleiseYleise Posts: 52 New Member
    edited October 2010
    You know what makes me really mad. Every time there is a patch something goes wrong. I'm still waiting for the fix to the excavation sites.

I had one issue that took 3 months to get sorted. I really don't want to have to resort to a full reinstall. That was a pain in the backside. Yes it solved the problem, but it took 3 months for someone to suggest it and then another few hours to reinstall everything. I didn't feel like playing by the time it was ready, just turned off pc and went to bed.

• Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited October 2010
    Make sure you have the latest EADM a new version was recently released