Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once Upon a Time... (Accepting Entries)

Untitled-4.png

Overview.png
This competition will be held at cstyles, you may join here and submit your application image here but the actual competition will be held HERE. Well I'm back, not entirely, but I'm here with a new competition. This competition is a little different than what I've hosted and seen before. In this competition, YOU will be the judge. In this competition, we will have 10 contestants, each will be given a classic childrens story. Every Friday each contestant will submit one chapter of their story. In any one chapter there will be a maximum of 5 photographs and a minimum of 1 photograph allowed. You may submit writing with your chapters, but those of you who can tell your story with photographs alone will receive 10 bonus points for that given chapter/chapters where words were not used. In this competition the winner will be the one contestant with the most points at the end of our 10 week competition. So this means, there will be NO ELIMINATIONS. So before you decide to join, keep in mind you will be in this until the end. A maximum of 7 days and a minimum of 1 day will be given for any extension requested. Once again, this is a NO EDITING competition, meaning, the only thing you are allowed to do with your pictures is anything you can do with picasa. If someone drops the competition before the following chapter is due, I will allow people to take over that specific story as long as they have the following chapter in on time. No extensions will be given for people taking over stories. Any questions, applications, or extension requests must be posted in this thread or they will not be noticed. Each contestant will be given their own thread where they will submit each chapter. Nothing but chapters and scoring will be placed in your given thread, comments may be placed in this thread and this thread alone. Rude comments will not be tolerated.

If you would like to join this competition say so in this thread and I will assign you your fairy tale. Once I have assigned you your fairy tale you will have one week to submit the final part of your application. The final part of your application will be your story cover. The reason I give you a full week to submit your story cover is because this is the most important part of your given fairy tale, this will be the first thing judges see when they click on your thread to read your chapters.

judging.png

Anyone may judge. But if you do judge, you are only allowed to judge one contestant per chapter submission. If there are still chapters to be judged after 48 hours and you have already judged one, you may judge another. When judging you place your scores under the contestant you are judging. Judges may NOT judge on personal taste, they must only judge on how well that person did on their chapter and when leaving comments they must be polite and give constructive criticism if seen fit. If you are a contestant you may not judge any chapters throughout the duration of this competition. The judge form will be as follows, no more, no less.

Story: #/10 points
Creativity: #/10 points
Photography: #/10 points
Bonus Points: 0 or 10 points
(bonus points are given only if words were not used and the pictures told the story well)

contestants.png
tristarin with aladdin: Story Cover due 9/28
GlamBunny8189 with Peter Pan: Story Cover due 9/28
kelren837 with cinderella: Story Cover due 9/28

Comments

• Options
    StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Just nudging it along.
  • Options
    GlamBunny8189GlamBunny8189 Posts: 1,507 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow, I love how unique and different this competition is. Sign me up please.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wow, I love how unique and different this competition is. Sign me up please.

Oh yay! I have given you the story of peter pan, your chapters will be placed in THIS thread. Your story cover is due on 9/20. You can post your cover either here in this thread, or HERE at cstyles.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Seen it. Yay! That's my favorite fairy tale. Alrighty, I'll get working. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't wait to see what you come up with [:
  • Options
    awesome_phoebeawesome_phoebe Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2010
    This sounds freaking awesome Evie!

But I think I'll have to past..to much effort for my small lazy brain lol :P
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Just thought I'd give you a bump.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2010
    *cough*
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited September 2010
    Very interesting! I'll definitely be lurking this one. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    lightelflightelf Posts: 381
    edited September 2010
    Giving this awesome competition a bump! Good luck everyone
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited September 2010
    Oh-oh, this is so painful. This is completely right up my alley an just what i've been wishing for ! But, I'm currently in three comps and just can not enter another right now..but I so wish I could, because this is such a great idea.

i will lurk and the whole time I shall be wishing I could join. * sigh* Maybe..if I quite my job, I'd have time.....hmmm. Hehe
  • Options
    kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited September 2010
    Is this still on? I would love to join.
  • Options
    AlyssumCandyAlyssumCandy Posts: 1,049 New Member
    edited September 2010
    kelren837 wrote:
    If you join, I'll stalk you :P
  • Options
    kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited September 2010
    What a relief! I thought you were gonna join, hehe. ;) You're too awesome to compete against. I think the concept for this competition is so awesome, I hope it's still going on.
  • Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow this sounds awesome. Debating joining :?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    kelren837 wrote:
    What a relief! I thought you were gonna join, hehe. ;) You're too awesome to compete against. I think the concept for this competition is so awesome, I hope it's still going on.

This looks like more work than I have time for.
    I adore you and don't think you should have been booted from the other comp but that's neither here nor there.

I will be your cheerleader for this though because this idea sounds fabulous!

P.S. thanks for the compliment :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm the only contestant so far and the assignment is due tomorrow. Not sure what's going on though...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    bump
  • Options
    tristarintristarin Posts: 650 Member
    edited September 2010
    Well, I probably shouldn't do this... but, it is too interesting to resist. So, sign me up if you are still taking people.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well today is the due date and I'm going to turn in later tonight... Is it still happening?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    kelren837 wrote:

I'm sorry guys, this is still going on, I forgot that I posted it here as well as cstyles so I'm sorry for my absence. Kelren you can def. join. I'll be giving you the story of Cinderella.

Here is the link to your story thread: http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/once-upon-a-time-f23/cinderella-t679.htm

Here is the link to the contest information page on cstyles: http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/once-upon-a-time-f23/once-upon-a-time-t678.htm

Your story cover will be due on 9/28 and can either be posted here or on the information page link I just gave you.

[:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    tristarin wrote:
    Well, I probably shouldn't do this... but, it is too interesting to resist. So, sign me up if you are still taking people.

I have given you the story of Aladdin.

Your story thread can be located here: http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/once-upon-a-time-f23/aladdin-t688.htm#6465

The contest information thread can be located here: http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/once-upon-a-time-f23/once-upon-a-time-t678.htm

Your story cover will be due on 9/28 and can either be posted here or at the contest information link above.

[:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well today is the due date and I'm going to turn in later tonight... Is it still happening?

Hi! Of course this is still going on, I just keep forgetting I have made a thread here at TS3 as well. I have posted a reminder on my desktop so I can continue to come here each day.

I'm guessing you haven't gotten your story cover done, which is fine since I haven't been here for a few days. Do you think you can have it in within a week?

If so, your new due date for your cover is 9/28

[:
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Quick Update:

tristarin with aladdin: Story Cover due 9/28
    GlamBunny8189 with Peter Pan: Story Cover due 9/28
    kelren837 with cinderella: Story Cover due 9/28
  • Options
    edited September 2010